Windows 10: Same Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Discus and support Same Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want both to be the same? Thanks for any input on this. Did a new install,can I still get Media Center? If so Where? Z 22711 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zplugger, Sep 14, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

Same Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

I want both to be the same? Thanks for any input on this. Did a new install,can I still get Media Center? If so Where?
    Z

:)

zplugger, Sep 14, 2015
  2. Kildja Win User

Support For Different Backgrounds on Dual Monitors

Hello,

I have seen posts from a couple years ago with solutions that don't work on this topic, so I am re-posting this in the hopes that this is a suggestion that would benefit other Windows 10 Users besides me.

My PC has Windows 10 and because I like to bounce back and forth between things, I have dual monitors attached to my PC. This is all fine and dandy, except for one tiny Customization option that is missing - I wish I had the support to have differing backgrounds.
    In my particular case, I would like my Monitor 1 to have a picture/slideshow of a household pet or family pictures whereas I would like my Monitor 2 to have personal motivational quotes that I could change by pretty-fying (dunno if that's even a real word)
    the quote using the Paint program.

• Am I alone in thinking this would be a good feature for Microsoft to add in a future update?
    • What kind of different background options would you want to have on Windows 10?
    • Is there a way to do this that is easy enough for a non-programming casual PC gamer to understand and implement?
    • I bring this up only because I have seen some "Magic Fix" on a post from 2015 that I tried involving using the Windows Run
    • And it didn't work at all. Just took me back to the Background page under Settings -> Personalization

Kildja, Sep 14, 2015
  3. MMcClung Win User
    Windows 10 - Dual Monitors Won't Duplicate Themed Background

I just switched my secondary monitor to a new HDMI monitor, and now my dual monitor set-up with only show two different backgrounds when I select a theme. How do I correct this so that extending my display also extends the same background on a particular
    theme?

MMcClung, Sep 14, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Media center was removed from 10. I have multiple monitors with the same background. How do you have yours set up? If you extend the monitors, you should get the same on both.

essenbe, Sep 14, 2015
  5. zplugger Win User
    Thanks essenbe ,was using themes so thats a problem.If I like a picture in a theme I just snip it and save. Not sure where they are stored to get the pic?

Z

zplugger, Sep 15, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    Any picture on your system, right click it and select set as desktop Background. Themes should not be a problem.

essenbe, Sep 15, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
  8. zplugger Win User

Hello essenbe
    Tried the right click on a picture in a theme pack and no option to save?

zplugger, Sep 15, 2015
  9. essenbe Win User
    Try it wit a picture in your picture library

essenbe, Sep 15, 2015
  10. zplugger Win User
    Thanks for all your help essenbe, same thing on my pictures no right click save?.

zplugger, Sep 15, 2015
  11. essenbe Win User
    Please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

Other than something like that, I am running out of ideas, but it shouldn't be happening.

essenbe, Sep 15, 2015
  12. zplugger Win User
    Ran the scan,no problems found. I notice when I go to setting,Personalization, Lock Screen everything is like greyed out?. Is this normal ?

Some setting are managed by your organization.

zplugger, Sep 15, 2015
  13. MtheK Win User

FYI: not sure if this relates to all this, but I wanted my dual
    monitors to be EXACTLY the same, even regarding the keyboard and
    the mouse. This was driving me crazy until I found:
    Control Panel/All Control Panel Items/Display/Screen Resolution
    . make sure that Multiple Displays is set to Duplicate these displays
    Now everything is in sync.

MtheK, Apr 28, 2016
  14. MtheK Win User
    FYI: not sure if this relates to all this, but I wanted
    my dual monitors to be EXACTLY the same, even regarding the
    keyboard and the mouse. This was driving me crazy until I found:
    Control Panel/All Control Panel Items/Display/Screen Resolution
    . make sure that Multiple Displays is set to Duplicate these displays
    Now everything is in sync.

MtheK, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Same Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Same Backgrounds Dual

2. Dual monitor display is not same.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor display is not same.: Hi All,I all have Lenovo monitors one is LEN D32qc-20 and the other one is D32-40. Just wondering why the recommended display is until 1920x1080 but my other monitor is 2560 x 1440. Can anyone help me on how to make them same?...
  3. Dual monitor display is not same.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor display is not same.: Hi All,I all have Lenovo monitors one is LEN D32qc-20 and the other one is D32-40. Just wondering why the recommended display is until 1920x1080 but my other monitor is 2560 x 1440. Can anyone help me on how to make them same?...
  4. Dual monitor display is not same.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dual monitor backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor backgrounds: I have two computers with dual monitors. One is a desktop with one monitor connected to the DisplayPort and the other connected to HDMI. I am using the Windows slideshow for my desktop background on both, and the slide shows run separately and show a different image on each....
  6. Dual monitor backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor backgrounds: I have two computers with dual monitors. One is a desktop with one monitor connected to the DisplayPort and the other connected to HDMI. I am using the Windows slideshow for my desktop background on both, and the slide shows run separately and show a different image on each....
  7. Setting up same slideshow backgrounds on dual monitors, but without same image on each monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting up same slideshow backgrounds on dual monitors, but without same image on each monitors: Hi all. I'm currently trying to set up both of my monitors to use a slideshow background. I have a folder with 16 images set up, however when I set the preferences to change every minute, I've found that the images are split between each monitor i.e. each monitor has 8...
  8. Dual Monitor Backgrounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Backgrounds: I just got a new monitor and am currently using my old one as a second, vertical one. Is there a way I can pick a vertical background for my vertical monitor, and a horizontal one for my horizontal monitor? submitted by /u/Pankake99 [link] [comments]...
  9. Desktop Background different on dual monitors

Desktop Background different on dual monitors: Windows 10 Pro. Two monitors: Monitor 1 is 3840 X 2160. Monitor 2 set to Main Display is 1920 X 1080. The Desktop Background is set to "Slideshow" and "Fit" The Desktop Background is different for the two monitors though they change at the same time. If I set the background...
  10. Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10: Hi All, If you have a dual monitors and want to set a different background for each. You don't need third party program to set them. Here's an easy way: Copy the background images to: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows [img] Use CTRL key for multiple selection to select...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. different backgrounds on dual monitors win 10 driver update