Windows 10: same BSOD multiple times (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT)

Discus and support same BSOD multiple times (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi since i upgraded to windows 10 i have been getting this BSOD, i didnt get it before in windows 7. let me first say that my PSU is dieing, i will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sloW, Nov 6, 2015.

1. sloW Win User

same BSOD multiple times (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT)

Hi since i upgraded to windows 10 i have been getting this BSOD, i didnt get it before in windows 7.
    let me first say that my PSU is dieing, i will replace it when i get enough money saved up, i dont think that a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bsod could be the cause of the PSU (correct me if i'm wrong), it cut the power a few times after that i decided to turn the overclock off and put it into power saving mode and installed windows 10.
    i got the same Bsod consistently 3 times in a row after opening a game(stalker) it crashed (more like closed from itself)
    and a little after that i got the BSOD (the game run just fine for a week and i reinstalled it freshly). the Bsod is consistently a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a, caused by this adress: ntoskrnl.exe+14e2e0

windows memory diagnostic tool finds no errors in my ram

adding to PC specs:
    CPU: AMD Athlon 2 x4 630 default 2,8Ghz (OC was at 3.7Ghz, that ran fine for 2 years)
    Ram: 1x 4gb corsair vengence 1600mhz, 2x 2gb mushkin 1333mhz; all running at 1333 (could it be bad timings? edit: the timings they are 11,11,11,28)

i have no idea what the issue could be, i will probably try to switch the ram in the slots and try to get the bsod again to see if the crash adress changes

Edit1: checked the game crash log now and attached it

Edit2: after i launch the game it consistently crashes with the same BSOD following after about a minute or less. this started happening after i defragmented the D drive where the game (only that game) is installed
    also last line in the game log is about "ntdll.dll" which looks similar to ntoskrnl.exe but is probably a completely diff thing
    and i will change the 11 11 11 28 ram timings to the spec timings which are 9 9 9 24 33.

Edit3: fixed the game crash, i instaled the game into a folder named "Stalker - CoC & Ao3" and the "&" sing made a batch file not work properly, The batch file removes thumbs.db recursively found in gamedata directory. These are a byproduct of Windows and will cause XRay Engine to crash upon loading. Well no more BSOD from the game. But i suspect it was somthing more than that to cause it, the 9 9 9 24 33 timings are working fine, i had the er ones because i had ram OC with the cpu via the bus speed. i would still like a conformation from the experts on the BSOD tho *Smile

:)

sloW, Nov 6, 2015
  2. toby94 Win User

Bsod memory_management

Hi,

I restarted my desktop pc today and now I always get error memory_management. I cant get past that. It just loops. Restarts then bsod then restarts and so on. Its really frustrating. Is there any definite fix. I have replaced the ram multiple times but still
    the same thing.

Thanks

toby94, Nov 6, 2015
  3. Linney Win User
    Multiple BSOD

Bug Check 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Bug Check 0x1A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, accompanied by occasional app crashes/GPUTDR.

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, accompanied by occasional app crashes/GPUTDR. - [Solved] - Windows 7

The relevant Parameter appears to be 0x41284 which means, A PTE or the working set list is corrupted, which in itself means nothing to most of us poor Windows users. I still wonder if this is not just bad RAM?

Is it possible to remove one stick of RAM for testing purposes and then test all sticks one at a time (that's is you have multiple sticks of RAM, otherwise it is a daft suggestion on my part).

Linney, Nov 6, 2015
  4. sloW Win User

today i got 4 more BSOD, while mostly idle on desktop and one while writing this. 2 of them are "Memory_management" one is "reference_by_pointer" and last was "irql_not_less_or_equal". i noticed when checking in bluescreen viewer that they are apparently all caused by the same address "ntoskrnl.exe+14e2e0". So its not the games fault as i suspected, but i have no idea what it could be. i will attach an updated dmp log. thanks for any help in advance *Smile

Edit: when checking something in cpu-z i noticed that bios somehow put the ram timings back to 11,11,11,28. i went into bios and noticed that it was auto setting it to those values, i made sure that i saved the correct timings and switched the 2 mushkin 2gb ram sticks around just to see that if the "caused by address" value will change when (if) the bsod reoccurs.

SOLUTION: Ram timings were set wrong, works normal now

sloW, Nov 7, 2015
Thema:

1. same BSOD multiple times (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) - Similar Threads - same BSOD multiple

2. memory_management BSOD at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory_management BSOD at random times: Hi! This is a newly built computer, it worked fine with a GT710, replaced it with an RX480 now it keeps throwing memory_management and other various BSOD upon bootup or during a clean windows installation. I can confirm the RX480 works on an Intel based system that passed...
  3. Memory_management bsod

Memory_management bsod: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Got a BSOD with the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT stop code. -(2020-10-15_19-26-25).zip 166454
  4. ASUS Zenbook w/ multiple BSoDs KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

ASUS Zenbook w/ multiple BSoDs KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: I have decided to upgrade my SSD to get more storage space in my laptop needed for academic softwares. Went from a SATA SanDisk 256GB to a PCIe Sabrent 2TB. A little overkill. After having trouble modifying the sector size for compatibility, I finally reinstalled Windows 10....
  5. Multiple BSOD issues (Memory_management, Faulty_hardware_corrupted_page, and more)

Multiple BSOD issues (Memory_management, Faulty_hardware_corrupted_page, and more): I have been through multiple forums and asked for help for this issue over the past 4-5 months to have no success. From what I have seen it appears to be either a driver or RAM issue. I have done CHKDSK scans, file scans, updates, reseating components, turning off components,...
  6. BSOD random times. 0x1A Memory_Management

BSOD random times. 0x1A Memory_Management: Greetings! I have been plagued with a BSOD error since I did a major overhaul on my computer. I ran memtest86 and initially had about 2,500 errors within the first 4 tests. So, I stopped it and tried with just one stick and the test passed with 0 errors overnight....
  7. BSOD Memory_Management when multiple apps open

BSOD Memory_Management when multiple apps open: Laptop has been BSOD for the past two weeks. Every time it crashes I'm usually watching a full screen video online, or have multiple apps open (not games though). Usually it goes into Memory_Management error, but I have seen IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have run Driver Verifier...
  8. New computer build multiple BSOD (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, and others)

New computer build multiple BSOD (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, and others): I have been having lots of seemingly random BSOD with this new computer build and can't nail it down. I have had it BSOD on my while playing games, Adjusting Sound Settings in VoiceMeter Banana, Working in Logisim as well as several other situations I do not remember them...
  9. Multiple BSODs - Please Help :) - Memory_Management + PFonUnpagedArea

Multiple BSODs - Please Help :) - Memory_Management + PFonUnpagedArea: Hey, so I've been using this machine for about a year and a half now and it's never given me any problems. About a week ago I started getting "Page_Fault_in_Unpaged_Area" BSODs, I conducted a memtest, sfc scan and a chkdsk and they all came out okay for my memory side. I...
  10. Multiple BSOD-Errors, mostly "Memory_Management"

Multiple BSOD-Errors, mostly "Memory_Management": Hey there, I am asking for help because I am exhausted by my problem and for the life of me cannot find out what's causing my trouble. It all started with "Memory_Management"-BSODs in infrequent intervals. Cause was always ntoskrnl.dll, the dumps did not state any...