Windows 10: Same computer models, same Windows version, different appearance?

Discus and support Same computer models, same Windows version, different appearance? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two of the same HP All-in-One computers that are both running the same version of Windows (AE), but when I open explorer the views are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bobby Phoenix, May 9, 2017.

1. Same computer models, same Windows version, different appearance?

I have two of the same HP All-in-One computers that are both running the same version of Windows (AE), but when I open explorer the views are different. One shows icons under Quick Access, and one shows folders. How do you change them? I cannot find any option to "display as folder" or "display as icons". Is there even a way? Both computers are new, but one is from Jan, and the other is from last month. Could HP have simply changed it at the factory? I also have an HP laptop, and it shows icons. I even searched for "Windows 10 Quick Access", and looked at images of it, and I've seen it both ways, so I'm thinking it's a setting somewhere.

Same computer models, same Windows version, different appearance? [​IMG]

Same computer models, same Windows version, different appearance? [​IMG]

:)

Bobby Phoenix, May 9, 2017

2. E51: The same software version, but different language – how?

Fully agree with you about the dealer but such sale is not forbidden. Furthermore such actions from Nokia limiting or penalising other EU markets are not permitted under EU consumer law. Sorry getting crazy as now having an useless phone and comments of
    my wife not to change anything in settings...**bleep**..!

misio---01, May 9, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    E51: The same software version, but different language – how?

The dealer you bought the phone from is the actual culprit because he was the one who knowingly sold you a phone meant for another region/country. You could try taking it up with him and he may be able to change the language pack for you again.

CJLim, May 9, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Same computer models, same Windows version, different appearance?

Right click on quick access then options then view options are there

Samuria, May 9, 2017
  5. I looked there, but I don't know which one is to change them. I tried each box by itself, but nothing changes. Do I have to restart or something?

6. Nothing I tried works. The odd thing is while searching on the web I've seen some screen clips with mixed icons/folders. Like there is not one option that changes them all at one time. Here's an example. The Desktop is the icon, but the others are folders. Strange I tell you!

7. Found the reason! On the computer with the folders Windows changes them to folders from icons when the DPI is set higher than 100%. The user of the this computer needs it at 125%. I don't know what made me think of that, but I changed it back to 100%, and icons appeared. Changed it back, and back they went. For good measure I tested it on my other computers. Same thing happens. I can sleep well tonight. haha

8. eLPuSHeR Win User

Nice catch mate. *Cool

eLPuSHeR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Same computer models, same Windows version, different appearance? - Similar Threads - Same computer models

2. Cannot print for two same model printer on same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot print for two same model printer on same time: Hi, I am using Windows 11 Pro, I had two same model printer Panasonic KX-P1121 installed on my pc with two difference name "Panasonic KX-P1121" and "Panasonic KX-P1121 USB". Both of it connected by two difference USB port. I had some documents want to print, I send to print...
  3. Cannot print for two same model printer on same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot print for two same model printer on same time: Hi, I am using Windows 11 Pro, I had two same model printer Panasonic KX-P1121 installed on my pc with two difference name "Panasonic KX-P1121" and "Panasonic KX-P1121 USB". Both of it connected by two difference USB port. I had some documents want to print, I send to print...
  4. Same connection appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same connection appearing: When I go to show available network there is the same connection appearing. This only happens only on my device. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/same-connection-appearing/c6c56d1c-8d50-4eac-a075-dc4c3aebf022
  5. Same computers, different updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same computers, different updates?: I have two identical laptops running Windows 10 Pro. Both have Windows update set to defer feature and quality updates for 30 days. Both were updated to version 1909 a few weeks ago. Yesterday, both had an update labelled "2019-12 Cumulative update for .NET framework 3.5 and...
  6. Same Windows 10 version same build looks different on laptop than desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Same Windows 10 version same build looks different on laptop than desktop: Identical version identical build everything identical looks/displays/functions different on laptop versus desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/same-windows-10-version-same-build-looks-different/9e319b2a-5194-4ef1-9e51-8c004317665f
  7. Icons of the same size appearing differently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of the same size appearing differently: All of these icons were created with the same oldtv file, in the same manner but with different logo pngs. They have all of the same properties (size, resolution [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] They originally all appeared as the larger size for months but recently have...
  8. Cloning same model computers / Keep Windows License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cloning same model computers / Keep Windows License: All, As I posted in a previous thread, my company is trying out Intel NUC computers with Windows 10 Home. So I have two computers and it took literally two days to install all of the Windows updates for both computers. I've used Clonezilla successfully for a K12 computer lab...
  9. Cloning same model computers / Keep Windows License

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cloning same model computers / Keep Windows License: All, As I posted in a previous thread, my company is trying out Intel NUC computers with Windows 10 Home. So I have two computers and it took literally two days to install all of the Windows updates for both computers. I've used Clonezilla successfully for a K12 computer lab...
  10. Remote into different account on same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote into different account on same computer: Is there any way to control (as in, remote login-esk way to use) second account on same computer? I have several different user accounts on my computer, one is for game servers (killing floor, minecraft, etc), I'd like to be able to control it in a window from my main...