Windows 10: same program that i closed the night before is open

Discus and support same program that i closed the night before is open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my computer upgraded,& now when i wake up ,the same program that i closed the night before is open. anyone have the same thing happening? 88460 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bluzeboy, Jul 8, 2017.

1. bluzeboy Win User

same program that i closed the night before is open

my computer upgraded,& now when i wake up ,the same program that i closed the night before is open.
    anyone have the same thing happening?

:)

bluzeboy, Jul 8, 2017

2. Setting Web pages to open the same way as I closed them before

Like I said in my original question, I have "not" made any recent changes prior to this issue. I have "all" the pending updates. I'm pretty sure this issue is confined only to the Windows 10 Mail app. Because if I open the "weather" app from the "Start"
    tiles that "weather" page opens with the top border opening to the very top edge of the PC screen, but the bottom edge still has the 1/2" gap. I'm not sure if the Windows 10 Mail App page that I'm having problems with by "default" or not. I might of had this
    issue way back, but maybe I'm just noticing it a lot more now. "IF" I "don't" manually drag the top of the border to the very edge and I click on a link from an e-mail, then the link does not open up maximizing the full screen. Then I have to manually again
    press the top right corner button to maximized that link page. But, if I "do" manually drag the top or bottom edge of my Windows 10 Mail App page to border then the link in the e-mail opens up maximizing the whole PC screen therefore I don't have to go to
    the top right corner to maximized that link page.

SAMSON JOE, Jul 8, 2017
  3. Setting Web pages to open the same way as I closed them before

I'm using Windows 10, my problem is mainly when I open the Windows 10 E-mail App page. When I open it I "never" mazimized that page. I like to keep a few inche's open on the left and ride side borders. The problem I'm having is on the top and bottom of that
    e-mail page. The is always a 1/2" gap that does not fill the top and bottom of the page. This really annoys me! What I have to do is sue my cursor arrow everytime I'm on that page and manually drag the top or bottom to the edge in order to fill the gap. if
    I clsoe that page then when I open it again, the 1/2" gap is there again on the top and bottom of that page, then I have to drag the top or bottom edge out to fill the gap again. Is there a way or setting that I can set so when I open the Windows 10 E-Mail
    App page the top and bottom of that page opens and the top and bottom is fill in like the way it was before I closed that page? On other web page aka Windows Edge, I just maximized those pages. it's just on my Windows 10 E-mail Page that I seem to have this
    problem. I have dragged the top and bottom border edges to fill the 1/2" gap and immediately closed that page and open again immediately to see if it will stay but it goes back to a page with the 1/2" gap again. Please help. This has always been the case,
    but it's annoying me now. Plus, I have "not" installed any new pregram etc on my PC or changed anything to cause this problem.

SAMSON JOE, Jul 8, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Check Start in the All programs and also check Run for machine and user in Registry. Also check Task manager.

bro67, Jul 8, 2017
  5. bluzeboy Win User
    could you be more specific
    doesn't make sense ?

bluzeboy, Jul 8, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Jul 8, 2017
  7. bluzeboy Win User
    any program i have open last,i leave the computer on & turn off the monitor in the morning when i turn the monitor
    the program i have closed the night before ,is open

bluzeboy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. same program that i closed the night before is open - Similar Threads - same program closed

2. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  3. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  4. Program Opening and Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Opening and Closing Immediately: Over the last week, I have the above window open and close immediately every ten minutes on the dot, usually before I can see what the window says. Only reason I was able to get the above screen shot was that I just happened to turned my PC on at one of the 10 minute...
  5. BSOD before closing program

BSOD before closing program: After closing a C# program written in VS 2019/2017, BSOD appears with some chance. The error code was CRITICAL_PROCCESS_DIED looking at the dump, the source of the error is ntoskrnl.exe or a binary code in this case, the code cannot be seen, since the blue screen was...
  6. Opening and Closing Programs at Night Automatically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening and Closing Programs at Night Automatically.: Hi there. I run a ServerPC 24/7 in my home and I use it in the day for GameServers. At night It's on and serving no function so I thought it might be fun to run a Bitcoin Miner on it at night only. How would I make my NiceHash Mining Program Open at Midnight and Close at 8AM....
  7. Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on

Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on: Hi there! I am wanting to make it so that my computer will open the program on the same monitor that i launch it from. So if i open it from my left monitor it appears on my left monitor, and if i open it on my right monitor, it opens on my right monitor. Is that possible....
  8. Open and close programs at the same time

Open and close programs at the same time: I want two programs to open and close 2 programs automaticly. Is there a way I can do this and how?? submitted by /u/CaptainKeanu1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr6uqh/open_and_close_programs_at_the_same_time/
  9. Comptuer Closing open programs

Comptuer Closing open programs: My windows 10 computer is constantly closing my open programs without warning. I could be in the middle of typing something and the program just randomly closes. It usually closes them when the programs get anywhere close to slow. This problem also happened on my laptop that...
  10. Defender closes open programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender closes open programs: Running windows defender when leaving computer. When return the next day, chrome and outlook have been closed, and computer is back to login screen. Because not looking at computer untill following day, not sure if it is closing the programs at beginning, middle, or end...