Windows 10: Same update showing available despite having installed it already

Discus and support Same update showing available despite having installed it already in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Never had this before I go to update to latest build. It tells me to install it. It installs. But when I come back to the update after the reboot it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pittguy578, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Same update showing available despite having installed it already

Never had this before
    I go to update to latest build. It tells me to install it. It installs. But when I come back to the update after the reboot it still says update available and asks me to install again. I have installed it twice and same thing keeps happening

:)

pittguy578, Jun 16, 2017
  2. wshall2 Win User

no get windows 10 app

I am on a windows 8.1 tablet with updates on, no available updates to install and no get windows 10 app Tried the troubleshooter from windows 10 FAQ's and it said I didn't have KB2976978 installed and provided a link to download, which I did, but in trying
    to install it told me it was already installed. So I went to windows update, and uninstalled this update, then re-installed using the downloaded file and after restarts, still no windows 10 app. Re-ran the troubleshooter, and it still tells me the update
    is not installed, despite windows update showing it installed, and going thru uninstall and reinstall.

Was hoping there may be another way to get the update, but with no regular USB for a flash drive and no DVD, not sure what options I have?

Anything else I should try?

wshall2, Jun 16, 2017
  3. wshall2 Win User
    no get windows 10 app

I am on a windows 8.1 tablet with updates on, no available updates to install and no get windows 10 app Tried the troubleshooter from windows 10 FAQ's and it said I didn't have KB2976978 installed and provided a link to download, which I did, but in trying
    to install it told me it was already installed. So I went to windows update, and uninstalled this update, then re-installed using the downloaded file and after restarts, still no windows 10 app. Re-ran the troubleshooter, and it still tells me the update
    is not installed, despite windows update showing it installed, and going thru uninstall and reinstall.

Was hoping there may be another way to get the update, but with no regular USB for a flash drive and no DVD, not sure what options I have?

Anything else I should try?

wshall2, Jun 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Same update showing available despite having installed it already

Hi, there should be log files where you can try to find out what went wrong, should that be necessary.

There are basic recommendations here as to some precautions to take:
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    - disable or uninstall your AV, disconnect all unnecessary peripherals esp. wireless.

Check your PC: Some elementary checks (worthwhile doing occasionally)
    1. Your disk: Download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial)
    2. Your file system:

From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

3. From an admin command prompt run
    SFC /SCANNOW
    and post the summary result.

Please post a screenshot of your partitions:
    Windows key + X, click Disk Management
    to post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon

Some people find it necessary to do an in-place upgrade repair install of their existing Windows version to be able to upgrade.

Some people find it helpful to manually upgrade: this is my preference as it's under my control.
    a. Download the iso
    b. Create Win 10 bootable medium
    c. Create or update your disk image of your existing system (we strongly advise people use disk imaging so they can restore their system without technical help even if the disk fails or is encrypted with ransomware).
    d. Attempt the upgrade.

Because the iso is downloaded once, multiple attempts are possible without repeating the download.
    This also avoids difficulties with Windows update.

dalchina, Jun 16, 2017
Thema:

Same update showing available despite having installed it already

1. Same update showing available despite having installed it already - Similar Threads - Same update showing

2. My Pc Is Already Updated But Same Update installs again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc Is Already Updated But Same Update installs again and again: This Is The Link Where I Put The VideoHey Guys This Was A Major Issue Pls Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-already-updated-but-same-update-installs/46d791aa-1b52-4deb-ad58-b21da647e008
  3. My Pc Is Already Updated But Same Update installs again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc Is Already Updated But Same Update installs again and again: This Is The Link Where I Put The VideoHey Guys This Was A Major Issue Pls Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-already-updated-but-same-update-installs/46d791aa-1b52-4deb-ad58-b21da647e008
  4. Windows update keeps showing it's installing the same update that's already installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps showing it's installing the same update that's already installed.: Every time I click "check for updates", a new download pops up then disappears really fast. I managed to snap a screen shot when it appeared and saw that the same update is being installed when it's already installed. This image was after i pressed check for updates 6 times....
  5. Windows update keeps showing it's installing the same update that's already installed.

Windows update keeps showing it's installing the same update that's already installed.: Every time I click "check for updates", a new download pops up then disappears really fast. I managed to snap a screen shot when it appeared and saw that the same update is being installed when it's already installed. This image was after i pressed check for updates 6 times....
  6. win11 steam is showing windows c++ runtime not installed despite being already installed

win11 steam is showing windows c++ runtime not installed despite being already installed: i have latest update of laptop tried uninstalling and installed the prerequisites 20 times. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-steam-is-showing-windows-c-runtime-not/c1553897-4ed2-4873-9fd5-678e39a347e6
  7. win11 steam is showing windows c++ runtime not installed despite being already installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win11 steam is showing windows c++ runtime not installed despite being already installed: i have latest update of laptop tried uninstalling and installed the prerequisites 20 times. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-steam-is-showing-windows-c-runtime-not/c1553897-4ed2-4873-9fd5-678e39a347e6
  8. Android apps preview is not available in India despite having installed latest build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android apps preview is not available in India despite having installed latest build: I'm seeing news that Android apps are available for everyone on Twitter. I today installed KB5010414.I'm using Windows Insider Preview option in my Windows update settings.Some say it's only available in USA.So any idea why it isn't working in India? And if it's actually not...
  9. Android apps preview is not available in India despite having installed latest build

Android apps preview is not available in India despite having installed latest build: I'm seeing news that Android apps are available for everyone on Twitter. I today installed KB5010414.I'm using Windows Insider Preview option in my Windows update settings.Some say it's only available in USA.So any idea why it isn't working in India? And if it's actually not...
  10. Why is windows installing a cumulative update preview when it already installed the same...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is windows installing a cumulative update preview when it already installed the same...: This is really weird, I just installed cumulative update 10-2020, restarted and then when I checked for updates it installed cumulative update 10-2020 preview. This doesn't make any sense, why does the preview still exist after the update already released...? submitted by...