Windows 10: Samsun PM830 SSD really,really slow

Discus and support Samsun PM830 SSD really,really slow in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Installed on an HP6910p laptop. BIOS SATA mode is set to native (which should activate AHCI). Samsung Magician Identifies it as a PM830 but says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by perdrix, May 3, 2017.

1. perdrix Win User

Samsun PM830 SSD really,really slow

Installed on an HP6910p laptop. BIOS SATA mode is set to native (which should activate AHCI).

Samsung Magician Identifies it as a PM830 but says "not supported" reporting the serial number as S0TYNYABC21199? And it says AHCI is not active?

Samsung Magician benchmark (when I found out how to drive it) says the performance isn't too bad:

Samsun PM830 SSD really,really slow [​IMG]

saying it was good for 276 MB/s read speed.

But Crystal Disk Mark shows a more interesting result:

Samsun PM830 SSD really,really slow [​IMG]

Hmmmmm....

Confused
    Dave

:)

perdrix, May 3, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, May 3, 2017
  3. IzzatiZ Win User
    Really slow

I just updated to Windows 10 and my laptop has been really slow. If I clicked one of the buttons on the task bar, it took a lot of time to pop up. Is there any way I can get Windows 8.1 back?

IzzatiZ, May 3, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

The HP support website does not list any drivers for windows 10 and, since your laptop speed is capped at SATA 1 (150 MBps) speeds, I doubt you will ever obtain anything better than what you already have; however, this post might be an interesting read for you but it does not apply to windows 10:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo...t/td-p/1689299

Good luck,

Thema:

1. Samsun PM830 SSD really,really slow - Similar Threads - Samsun PM830 SSD

2. Computer really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer really slow: Hey so suddenly my laptop started being really slow to open programs and when they did finally open they would barely be able to run or would crash.I also noticed on task manager i would be using 30% or more of my memory when no programs were running. I thought that I...
  3. Help with a really, really slow pc please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with a really, really slow pc please.: I am running windows 10pro 64bit on a Dell Optiplex 755, Intel Duo Core 2, 3GB ram and its really really slow.So was wondering if there could be a perfect windows 10 that can be compatible with my pc . I was thinking Windows 10 32bit or Windows 10Home 64bit would work maybe?...
  4. Help with a really, really slow pc please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with a really, really slow pc please.: I am running windows 10pro 64bit on a Dell Optiplex 755, Intel Duo Core 2, 3GB ram and its really really slow.So was wondering if there could be a perfect windows 10 that can be compatible with my pc . I was thinking Windows 10 32bit or Windows 10Home 64bit would work maybe?...
  5. Help with a really, really slow pc please.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PDF really slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PDF really slow: I have problem with Adobe software. Till I’ve had just the Reader the PDF file copying or simply PDF preview was very fast. I have brand new machine. After buying and installing full Adobe version it all went to shit. Preview in Explorer either takes dozens of seconds to...
  7. Computer really slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer really slow: Sorry double post please delete it 153373
  8. Really slow computer

Really slow computer: hello guys so I have a dell latitude e5440 and windows 10 and my problem is that all of a sudden my computer started working reallllyyy slowly it was perfectly fine until yesterday, it wasn’t slow at all but it happened all of a sudden it takes 30 min to log in and the...
  9. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  10. Laptop really slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop really slow: Hello, I have an HP laptop purchased 6 years ago. It is running on windows 10. Since I got it, the laptop is really slow, not able to go on a normal website page quick, takes time to load. I have performed a spy bot search and destroy, defragment, disk cleanup, run Avast...