Windows 10: Samsung 1 Tb backup drive has stopped functioning with Drive Manager

Discus and support Samsung 1 Tb backup drive has stopped functioning with Drive Manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 on a fast, powerful desktop computer I built myself when I was (until March 2018) Comp TIA A+ quailified. I just did a fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maugli, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Maugli Win User

Samsung 1 Tb backup drive has stopped functioning with Drive Manager

I am running Windows 10 on a fast, powerful desktop computer I built myself when I was (until March 2018) Comp TIA A+ quailified.
    I just did a fresh installation of Windows 10 because it had become corrupted.
    Now I tried to run Drive Manager for the first time since June (when I discovered I could not get any Windows updates).
    Drive manager now hangs and won't perform the "backup" function.
    Trying to get this to work by restarting the software and attempting to disconnect and reconnect the drive, then attempting to restart, induced a BSOD.

I'm not sure I even need this external backup drive any more, since I have Microsoft One Drive and Dropbox performing 'live' cloud backups of every new file I create on my HDD.

I reformatted the exernal drive but still no luck. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled Drive Manager.
    After this the drive does not appear in Drive Manager any more.
    It does still appear in Windows Explorer however.

Why has Drive Manager stopped working suddenly and how can I get it working again?

:)

Maugli, Jul 22, 2018

2. Windows only sees one of the 1 TB hard drives insted of 3 hard drives

Hello Allan,

Share this information to assist you better.

• When you say Windows only sees one of the 1 TB hard drives where exactly are you seeing this?
    • Are you able to see all the three hard drives in Disk Management?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Samsung SSD Drive Stopped in Window 10

I have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10. I am using a Samsung T1 Portable 1 TB USB 3.0 External SSD (MU-PS1T0B/AM).

The drive worked fine on the unit and now stops (powers down) and Windows 10 freezes completely; only hard reboot possible.

Here's what I know.

1. The SSD drive works in other Windows 7 machines

2. The SSD drive works in other Windows 10 machines

3. The SSD driver works fine when run in Safe Mode on the Surface pro

4. Other hard drives and flash disks work fine on Surface pro

4. I tried the troubleshooting hardware tool, no issues found

5. I uninstalled the latest Windows Update 6/29/2016, but it did not change outcome

6. I uninstalled the USB drivers in device manager and they auto-installed on reboot, did not change outcome.

7. There is no information on the Samsung or Microsoft sites suggesting issues with this drive.

Any other thoughts on what I might try to locate the conflict with the SSD device?

Thx

PcH

PcH Pop Council, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Samsung 1 Tb backup drive has stopped functioning with Drive Manager

Windows only sees one of the 1 TB hard drives insted of 3 hard drives

When I open file manager and go to this pc it does not show the drive.

In the bottom half of disk management both 1 TB drives are present but only one has a Drive letter assigned to it. Only one Of the 1 TB drives shows in the upper half.

It is a generic tower that I built from scratch many years ago. It has an Asus M2N-SLI motherboard with an AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core processor with 8 GB ram.

AllanMcFarland, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Samsung 1 Tb backup drive has stopped functioning with Drive Manager

1. Samsung 1 Tb backup drive has stopped functioning with Drive Manager - Similar Threads - Samsung backup drive

2. Samsung laptop hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung laptop hard drive backup: What is the best way to back up my hard drive I also have a wireless pc which both have send anywhere installed, I have lots of information on my current hard drive that needs to be saved in the archives for as long as I am able Thanks....
  3. Samsung laptop hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung laptop hard drive backup: What is the best way to back up my hard drive I also have a wireless pc which both have send anywhere installed, I have lots of information on my current hard drive that needs to be saved in the archives for as long as I am able Thanks....
  4. Samsung laptop hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. file history will not backup to a WD black 5 TB drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file history will not backup to a WD black 5 TB drive: I am trying to backup a drive i use for photos. drive A. I want to back it up to a larger WD black 5 TB hard drive plugged in through a USB on top of my tower. I can see the drive in my files and I can copy files to the drive. File history isn't recognizing my drive or if it...
  6. C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB

C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB: I reset my computer because Windows kept installing software on the C drive. When it loaded back up it installed windows 10 files on the C drive again. I went everything to be on the D drive. I went into settings and changed the storage to D, but how do I get windows 10 files...
  7. DiskPart formatting 1 TB external drive

DiskPart formatting 1 TB external drive: Proper drive selected, partition created. Running DISKPART> FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL=BACKUP It's been running for over three hours and still shows only 1% complete. It must be locked up, because I can't imagine that it would take several days to format a 1 TB drive. I'm...
  8. samsung drive manager uninstall issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    samsung drive manager uninstall issue: I connected a Samsung phone in the past and it installed a Samsung Drive Manager. This screen pops up multiple times per day. We don't even have samsungs any longer. When I try to uninstall it I get a message saying that I "this runs on XP/Vista, Windows 7. Please check...
  9. Win10 with 1 TB+ USB Drives

Win10 with 1 TB+ USB Drives: I have two different 2.5 SATA drive USB cables I've been using for a long time. When I have a 1 TB drive on these cables they are not working in win10. I can create a new volume, assign a drive letter, disk management shows it as online. Formatting fails either in a command...
  10. 1 TB hard drive to be formatted in Fat32

1 TB hard drive to be formatted in Fat32: I am trying to set up this drive so I can use it to record movies too. I have windows10 and do not have an option to format the drive. I tried to use AOMEI to format the drive. I have to have the drive set up as FAT32 or it is useless to me....