Windows 10: Samsung 40in 4K used as monitor

Discus and support Samsung 40in 4K used as monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My problem is everything looks awesome with the new 4K monitor except Virtual Weather station display it show's up in the upper left hand corner very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by pwdiver, Jun 18, 2016.

1. pwdiver Win User

Samsung 40in 4K used as monitor

My problem is everything looks awesome with the new 4K monitor except Virtual Weather station display it show's up in the upper left hand corner very small cant seem to figure out how to make this one program show up larger. Any help would be appreciated thanks*Sad
    P.S. this attachment was when I was using a 43in 1080P as monitor but still the same issue

:)

pwdiver, Jun 18, 2016
  2. Erik Tank Win User

Windows 10 - Can't change resolution after waking from sleep

I'm having the same problem. Two Dell Dell P2715Q monitors running DP 4K60, and one Samsung 4K in the middle. Usually it is the right Dell that has a problem and is detected as a max resolution of 1440 instead of 4K. It looks terrible and messed up graphically
    however, unlike when I manually set it to 1440 which looks fine. If I power cycle the monitor it gets picked up again as a 4K monitor. Computer never sleeps - only monitors do. I have the real drivers installed on both Dell monitors and it only ever happens
    to the Dells on DP. The Samsung is hooked up via HDMI 2.0. The Samsung on HDMI 2.0 never has a problem. The Dells have always been a problem since I've used the Dell monitors over a year ago now.

Has there been no resolve to this?

Erik Tank, Jun 18, 2016
  3. Fall creators update Displayport monitor won't go to sleep

I'm also having the same problem that's been bothering me since around the same time as Metal2Mesh.

AMD FX-8350 with XFX RX 580, which also has 1 HDMI and 3 Display Ports.

• 1st display - Samsung 4K Monitor ( LU28E590DS ) connected through Display Port v 1.2 ( 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz )
    • 2nd display - Samsung 4K TV ( UE55MU6202 ) connected through HDMI v1.4 ( 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz )
    • All Monitors are extended.
    • Sleep disabled
    • Screen are set to turn off after 5 minutes

Problem/What happens:

When screen turns off, both displays turn off together. While the Samsung 4K TV ( HDMI ) continues to stay off, the Samsung 4K Monitor ( Display Port ) turns back on with a lighted Black screen but no Image.

As you can probably see, the issue is so similar that I basicly took Metal2Mesh's original post and simply edited here and there with my own setup. It is clearly something that's in a recent update, don't know what but you guys seriously should do something
    about this A.S.A.P.

TzapInferno, Jun 18, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

pyramid10, Jun 18, 2016
  5. Mystere Win User
    I assume you're using DPI scaling to make the normal apps appear readable. Some apps just aren't DPI aware, and there's not much you can do to fix them.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Samsung 40in 4K used as monitor - Similar Threads - Samsung 40in used

2. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  3. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  4. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Multiple 4k Monitors -

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple 4k Monitors -: Need help, I have a 4 monitor setup, was 2 1080 and 2 4k monitors, all fine. Decided to replace a 1080 for a 3rd 4k monitor. 2 Identical Samsung and one Benq. The problem is with the Samsungs. One of them can't go into UHD. DxDiag detects its UHD capabilities. Latest NVidia...
  6. 4k monitor with FullHD monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4k monitor with FullHD monitor?: Hello, everyone, I would like to buy a second monitor for my computer. Now my question. Can I buy the following monitor and connect it to an existing FullHD monitor with Windows 10 without getting pixel problems? Thanks for your help! :) New monitor: amzn .to/2WraLA3...
  7. Scaling Problems using 4K Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling Problems using 4K Monitor: I saw a great deal on a UHD monitor and grabbed it, completely unaware of the issues regarding scaling for programs, particularly older programs, in a 4k environment. (For those who also do not know: this is when a program opens and is so tiny on the screen you can't read...
  8. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  9. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  10. Using a PC with my Samsung 4K TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a PC with my Samsung 4K TV: The stats of my PC are included with my profile, and my tv is a 2017 Samsung 4K UHD TV (Model Number: UN40MU6300FXZA, Serial Number: 06LD3CFJB11187T); I tried hooking my PC to my tv thinking my nvidia gtx 650 ti video card could handle it, but either it was a configuration...