Windows 10: Samsung 850 EVO drive benchmark issue.

Discus and support Samsung 850 EVO drive benchmark issue. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anyone with a Samsung 850 EVO drive and using the latest version of Magician run a performance benchmark test for me and post their results?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sygnus21, Sep 21, 2017.

1. sygnus21 Win User

Samsung 850 EVO drive benchmark issue.

Can anyone with a Samsung 850 EVO drive and using the latest version of Magician run a performance benchmark test for me and post their results?

I've run into a weird issue where the benchmark temporarily locks up my machine around 8/9 percent and the percentage circle lags behind the progress bar before catching up percentage wise and finally completes the test. Here I could only get this screen shot after the PC unfroze, and by then the percentage number in the circle had caught up to the progress line and the test completed...

Samsung 850 EVO drive benchmark issue. [​IMG]

I've got Samsung 4 SSD drives in my system - 950 Pro (NVMe), 850 Pro (both 512gig). A 1TB 850 EVO & 2TB 850 EVO, and both EVO drives behave this way. Both the 950 & 850 Pro tests run without issue.

• Anyone else seeing this?
    • I'd also like to compare the Sequential numbers just to be sure I'm in line.
    Thanks.

:)

sygnus21, Sep 21, 2017
  2. kburnssr Win User
    kburnssr, Sep 21, 2017
  3. kburnssr Win User
    WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Correction: I went to a Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive

kburnssr, Sep 21, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

I ran it for my 1TB EVO and it went smooth, and both counters stayed in sync.
    Have you tried running Optimize Drives to re-trim before running the bench?

Cliff S, Sep 21, 2017
  5. BRKKAB Win User
    Here's mine for you.
    I just recently got 2 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB's.
    M.2: Windows/Programs/Newer Games
    SATA: Older Games

BRKKAB, Sep 21, 2017
  6. BRKKAB Win User
    P.S. Rapid Mode is enabled on the 850 EVO 1TB m.2.
    Asus's RAMCache is is running on on 850 EVO m.2 ssd, too and appears to have increased both ssd's speeds.

BRKKAB, Sep 21, 2017
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    Thanks Cliff, I'll give that a try and see what happens. And I see our scores are very different.

@BRKKAB, Please read/re-read the original post. This isn't a benchmark posting thread, it's trying to see if I've got a benchmarking issue my 850 EVO SATA drives. Thus comparing your 850 EVO M.2 drive means nothing to me here. Nice scores tough.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Sep 21, 2017
  8. sygnus21 Win User

@Cliff S, The drives weren't too far from their normal optimize maintenance schedule... but I optimized all the drives anyway, and still get the same anomaly on both 850 drives, and pretty much the same scores. I'm going to chalk this up to a minor issue for now and move on.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Sep 21, 2017
  9. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Smile
    With the scores, it might have to do with being different systems(CPU/mainboard(chipset)), because I have a 2011 ASUS X54C laptop with a B960(2 core no hyperthreading) Pentium, and the benchmark scores are different/lower on that one.

Cliff S, Sep 21, 2017
  10. swarfega Win User
    I have the same 2tb evo as the OP and it went without a hitch.

swarfega, Sep 21, 2017
  11. fireberd Win User
    I have an 850 EVO, 500GB. The benchmark test ran without problems.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Samsung 850 EVO drive benchmark issue. - Similar Threads - Samsung 850 EVO

2. Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?: I'm having lots of BSODs and the forum member who is assisting me (Lots of IRQ_Less... and KERNEL_SECURITY... BSODs on 2 month old build - Windows 10 Forums) picked up lots of retry messages from the Beta Collector that I uploaded for my Samsung 850 EVO SSD. Are all these...
  3. Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance

Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance: I recently bought a Samsung SSD 850 Evo which i cannected to my MS Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10 Pro using a Type C usb Sabrent Cablrle. After formatting the drive i tried to invoke Rapid Mode but failed. The Magician software does not allow me to do so. I have downgraded...
  4. Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Hello! If this has been answered before, please point me to the appropriate thread. Last night we were checking old hardware in our Service Department long abandoned from our customers (more than 8 months). Among them there was a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 2.5" SATA. I...
  5. Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems

Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems: Hi, I run the Samsung Magician, and in its System Information, stated AHCI Mode is Deactivated and SATA Interface is unable to be detected. How to resolve this, please help? Thank you guys! [img] 74257
  6. Samsung Evo 850 500GB manufacturing country

Samsung Evo 850 500GB manufacturing country: Hi, I just bought this SSD drive from a website that have shown pictures for the drive and I saw clearly that it is "Made in Korea". After I bought it and arrived, it is now "Made in China"! Did they rip me off? what's the deal and how can I make sure I'm buying a Korean...
  7. Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?

Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?: Hello. My SSD: Ssd Samsung Evo 850 250 GB, motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI, So i want to write about my issues with Windows 10 just before format, when i was on MBR partition. I want to be sure that my SSD is fine or not. So listen. Windows 10 get somehow...
  8. Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung SSD 850 EVO: [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the...
  9. Windows 10 and Samsung 850 EVO SSD performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 and Samsung 850 EVO SSD performance issues: I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and am getting extremely slow performance from my Samsung 850 Evo SSD. Running Samsung magician to test my benchmark performance, I am getting: Random read/write (IOPS) of 16483/17594 respectively Seq Read/Write (MB/s) of 245/462...
  10. Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB: I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB and while I had been using it on my laptop with Windows 7 everything had been running ok even the Rapid mode, but when I updated to Windows 10, I am getting this error : Rapid mode is in inactive state due to system internal errors. Please...