Windows 10: Samsung 850 pro Compatibility issues with Windows 10?

Discus and support Samsung 850 pro Compatibility issues with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had a 850 pro for 4 months with no issues running that i can remember. After having Win 10 beta then going to the full upgrade my SSD drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nd022, Aug 23, 2015.

1. nd022 Win User

Samsung 850 pro Compatibility issues with Windows 10?

I have had a 850 pro for 4 months with no issues running that i can remember. After having Win 10 beta then going to the full upgrade my SSD drive decided it would want to act up. I would get random freezes, Samsung magician telling me the drive is now on sata 2 instead of sata 3...things like that.(Drive was set for ahci mode like it said to have it) Tried to see if there was a new firmware but it was updated to the latest one i believe when i first got it. Since then i have swapped back to my old regular hard drive. Ran memory/system tests and everything i could think of but the drive just doesn't function right most of the time. I can still run windows on it but there is a bottleneck for sure.

So just wondering does anyone think it could be an issue with the drive or maybe the firmware not being certified yet for Windows 10? I can't seem to get through the process of an RMA on the samsung website or find much info besides the firmware being flaky and pulled from the website. Just strange i would have issues with it now i guess. Not sure what to do or why samsung would atleast update there firmwares more often for a possible fix.

:)

nd022, Aug 23, 2015

2. Windows 10 hang using SSD

Same here no issues with Windows 10 on my Samsung 850 Pro SSD.

Daniel

Triple Helix, Aug 23, 2015
  3. fdsonn Win User
    Restart always fails first time second restart works

My boot drive is a Samsung 960 Pro 512 in slot 6 using an adapter heat sink. I also have a Samsung 850 Pro 512 for backup. A Samsung 850 Pro 1TB for games and a Samsung 850 evo 1 TB for game backup. I have removed all but the boot drive and it didn't
    make any difference. I also booted of the 850 backup with the same problem. Like I said I even reinstalled W10 Home 64 with no change.

fdsonn, Aug 23, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Only possible explanation would be Chipset drivers.

CountMike, Aug 23, 2015
  5. My Spot Win User
    I was able to correct my Samsung 850 Pro from freezing up by turning off the ALPM setting in the Intel drive controller manager settings. Seems that the Samsung SSD's do not like that setting. Freezing was accompanied with the following Event Error in the system log:
    The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.

I'm not sure if this happens with other controllers but I thought I would share.

Frank

My Spot, Aug 23, 2015
  6. nd022 Win User
    When i setup windows 10 i don't think i installed any of the older chipset drivers from the website. Do you think maybe if i reinstalled those Windows 8.1 drivers it would help? It is a Dell Alienware laptop btw.

nd022, Aug 23, 2015
  7. nd022 Win User
    I can't say that i heard of that before but, does this seem like the way to find out how to change it?

The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period Solutions Log

The one thing i should of done was check the system logs before i pulled the drive. Maybe i'll see about sticking the drive back in and trying it out.

nd022, Aug 23, 2015
  8. My Spot Win User

My Spot, Aug 23, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Before trying anything you did need to check in Event Viewer, errors still be there ? I have Samsung 850 not the pro no issues in Windows 10 and all Intel on mine, chipset and controllers, but best we have model and make check out all specs.

jds63, Aug 23, 2015
  10. nd022 Win User
    Thanks! Later on today i'm gonna swap the drives and see how it goes.

nd022, Aug 24, 2015
  11. nd022 Win User
    I really should of and can't say why i didn't check that before swapping the drives. You have the 850 EVO drive right? That's good though yours is still working for you, and may get that one if i can't figure this out. Once i get a chance to put the drive back in and reinstall Windows 10 i'll check the error logs again and post it back here.ty

nd022, Aug 24, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    Always check event viewer log, regardless it will still be there and as I would not attempt a fix based on another fix until you know for sure it is same as yours is.

jds63, Aug 24, 2015
  13. Aim High Win User

I am running a 512GB Samsung 850 PRO with no issues in Windows 10. This was a clean install (after an update) and Samsung Magician shows the drive connected via the SATA 3 interface. The install automatically installed UEFI (in 7 and 8 you always have to boot into the UEFI loader) and boots in about 20-25 seconds from button push. I have had absolutely no stuttering or freezing issues since install.

My drive's firmware is: EXM02B6Q

Aim High, Aug 24, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    Only firmware updates i see for 840
    http://www.samsung.com/global/busine...downloads.html

jds63, Aug 24, 2015
  15. nd022 Win User
    So i just got a chance to put the drive back in,install windows 8.1 then upgrade to 10 with no issues...I have no clue why it's working again.lol. I didn't install Samsung magician and it is not in ahci mode like it said to put it in. At this point i don't think i'm gonna screw with those settings. Secure erased the drive prior to installing windows. Maybe it's my laptop configuration with the drive and Windows 10? idk. If it decides to act up i'll try the things everyone mentioned here.Appreciated all the help, ty.

nd022, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Samsung 850 pro Compatibility issues with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Samsung 850 pro

2. Samsung 850 Pro SSD installed - Optimisation not available?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung 850 Pro SSD installed - Optimisation not available?: I acquired a Samsumng 850 Pro anc copied my HDD to it. Booted with new SSD installed, and ran "winsat formal" Rebooted and went to Drive C:/Properties/Tools and selected "Optimise" [img] As you can see it says I can't optimise the drive! Samsung Magician says Trim is...
  3. Samsung 850 EVO drive benchmark issue.

Samsung 850 EVO drive benchmark issue.: Can anyone with a Samsung 850 EVO drive and using the latest version of Magician run a performance benchmark test for me and post their results? I've run into a weird issue where the benchmark temporarily locks up my machine around 8/9 percent and the percentage circle...
  4. Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Hello! If this has been answered before, please point me to the appropriate thread. Last night we were checking old hardware in our Service Department long abandoned from our customers (more than 8 months). Among them there was a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 2.5" SATA. I...
  5. Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB - NEW FIRMWARE

Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB - NEW FIRMWARE: [img] 79508
  6. Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems

Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems: Hi, I run the Samsung Magician, and in its System Information, stated AHCI Mode is Deactivated and SATA Interface is unable to be detected. How to resolve this, please help? Thank you guys! [img] 74257
  7. Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB DRIVERS ??

Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB DRIVERS ??: Samsung Magician 5.0 claims System NOT Compatible. Drivers need update. t to URL they said to go, tried several drivers, but almost all are for RAID !! [img] 79484
  8. Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung SSD 850 EVO: [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the...
  9. Samsung 850 Pro SSD Software Support for WIN 10

Samsung 850 Pro SSD Software Support for WIN 10: I have Win 10 (10240) installed and a new Samsung 850 Pro SSD to install. The current versions of the Samsung supplied software, Magician 4.6 (I downloaded this because the one supplied with the SSD wasn't the current one) and Data Migration 2.7 don't recognize the SSD....
  10. Windows 10 and Samsung 850 EVO SSD performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 and Samsung 850 EVO SSD performance issues: I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and am getting extremely slow performance from my Samsung 850 Evo SSD. Running Samsung magician to test my benchmark performance, I am getting: Random read/write (IOPS) of 16483/17594 respectively Seq Read/Write (MB/s) of 245/462...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung ssd compatibility issues