Windows 10: Samsung 9 Series Keyboard Backlight Issue

Discus and support Samsung 9 Series Keyboard Backlight Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Running latest build of Windows 10 on a Samsung NP900X3A-B03UK. The Keyboard Backlight does not work and I don't know how or even if any of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ddevil77, Jun 27, 2015.

1. ddevil77 Win User

Samsung 9 Series Keyboard Backlight Issue

Hi,

Running latest build of Windows 10 on a Samsung NP900X3A-B03UK. The Keyboard Backlight does not work and I don't know how or even if any of the Samsung Windows 8 apps/drivers will fix this.

Does anyone know if there is a way I can get this working. Everything else works fine.

Thanks in advance!

:)

ddevil77, Jun 27, 2015

2. windows 10 upgrade on samsung series 7 chronos

I have a Series 7 as well. I chose to force the upgrade. I used the Media Creation Tool described.

The big issue is that you will lose:

your Keyboard Backlight(if you have one)

the Function keys( ie F1 will no longer bring setup and F-Del will no longer Eject.)

Samsung hasn't put out any special drivers yet.

I just chose to use Windows Settings instead of Samsung for now, rather than waiting.

Chris Donahue, Jun 27, 2015
  3. Don't know where to find a keyboard driver

My backlight for my keyboard dosent work ever since I have upgraded to windows 10 and I need to just upgrade my keyboard driver but I can not find it at all. So I was wondering if anyone knows how to find a keyboard driver for
    samsung series 7 model number BA68-05408A

thats the full number on my laptop. I have troubleshooted it and went into device manager to update the driver and none of the things have worked to get my backlight to work so the only thing that seems to be left is the find the driver manually and update
    it that way.

Victoria_412, Jun 27, 2015
  4. UNCobey Win User

I had this same problem going from Win7 to Win8 and now again to Win10 Pro. It did not occur when I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 InsiderPreview. No matter, just go to the Samsung support site and reinstall the Windows 7/8 drivers and Easy Settings Setup (Samsung proprietary software) http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...NP900X4C-A01US.

Even after the updates and software installs it will crap out at random. Run the Settings program and the keyboard backlight magically comes back to life.

UNCobey, Jul 31, 2015
  5. arkone Win User
    Hi,

I have the same computer in the USA, np900x3A. I'm currently running windows home premium 7 with 16 gigs of ram and a 256HD. Yep, I said 16gb of ram! I never knew this system could take 16gb but it recognized it when I put it in.

What's the experience like using Windows 10? Is it more responsive than Windows 7? Does it crash or any other functions not work, like the power management, quick keys.. looks like backlight now works with your fix.

Trying to weigh weather it's worth upgrading. Windows 7 is super stable on this machine.

Thanks!

arkone, Sep 22, 2015
  6. 1918 Win User
    I was struggling with this over the past week when I finally upgraded and wanted to pass along how I fixed the problem. I found this PDF on the Samsung site and downloaded the Samsung SW Update listed in step 3.

Once I installed that all the functionality of my function keys returned. Hope this helps some sad late adopted like me.

1918, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Samsung 9 Series Keyboard Backlight Issue - Similar Threads - Samsung Series Keyboard

2. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard backlight: Is there any way I could turn on my keyboard backlight without using the F5 button? I use an HP All the other function buttons are working but I can't seem to get the F5 button to work.Thanks!...
  3. Volume too low on my Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume too low on my Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook: Sometimes it's OK if a vid has extra volume, but most of the time it is almost too low to hear. I have done the GodMode settings and nada. if anyone knows an "insider" trick, I'm all ears! :) Ver. 20H2 Bruce Hinton 179279
  4. Keyboard backlight

Keyboard backlight: The keyboard backlight can no longer be adjusted after a Microsoft Update. It's just on all the time now draining my battery and making watching anything in the dark terrible. Is there a fix to this issue?...
  5. Keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard backlight: I can't find the settings for the backlight on my laptop.Where can I find the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight/e8bb3330-c998-4369-973c-1ec8ca0b8bc2
  6. KB4528760 on Samsung Series 9 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4528760 on Samsung Series 9 laptop: After installation of KB4528760 my battery started to charge up to 100% instead of 80% and I couldn't make Samsung Settings software work. So I uninstalled KB4528760 and now I can extend my battery life again. Has anyone else reported this?...
  7. Keyboard Backlight

Keyboard Backlight: Does Lenovo Flex 4-1330 have a backlight? I can't figure it out. If it does please tell me how to turn it on. Fn+ space bar isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight/be6d12bb-a5ca-4c29-a5e1-ca292fea6699
  8. Keyboard backlight

Keyboard backlight: how do I put on the backlight for my laptop keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-backlight/82c7799d-e3bc-4d64-b70d-4180a834ee5a
  9. Keyboard backlighting on Dell XPS 13 series laptop

Keyboard backlighting on Dell XPS 13 series laptop: I just did a Windows 10 update on my laptop and now the back lighting of the keyboard is turned off. How do I turn it back on?...
  10. Samsung Series 9 (NP900X3C) Windows 10 1803 Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Series 9 (NP900X3C) Windows 10 1803 Update Issues: I am posting this in case it helps out anyone else out there experiencing issues updating to 1803 (Creators Update April 2018) on a Samsung Series 9 laptop. Clearly my experience may be different and I have no way of knowing if this might work for anyone else. Ever since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard backlight samsung notebook 9

2. samsung notebook 9 pro keyboard backlight

3. samsung notebook 9 keyboard backlight

4. keyboard backlit samsung serie 9,
  5. samsung keyboard backlight,
  6. No keyboard backlight on samsung notebook s pen,
  7. samsung notebook 9 pro keyboard backlight not working,
  8. notebook samsung keyboard backlight fix,
  9. samsung series 9 keyboard backlight,
  10. samsung series 9 keyboard backlight settings,
  11. samsug notebook keyboard backlight,