Windows 10: Samsung begins mass production of industry first 4-bit consumer SSD

Discus and support Samsung begins mass production of industry first 4-bit consumer SSD in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics, the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced that it has begun mass producing the industry’s first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Samsung begins mass production of industry first 4-bit consumer SSD

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...t-consumer-ssd

:)

Brink, Aug 6, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Samsung Begins Mass Production of Industry's First Enterprise 3-bit NAND SSD

Samsung Electronics, Co., Ltd., the world leader in advanced memory technology, said today that it has begun mass producing the industry's first high-performance, three-bit-NAND-based SSD for servers and data centers. The new SSD will allow data centers to better manage workloads related to social networking, web browsing and email, and enhance operation efficiency. Installations of the 3-bit MLC (multi-level-cell) NAND SSDs, initially in large-scale data centers, are expected to begin later this quarter.

"Following the last year's introduction of 3-bit NAND-based SSDs for PC markets, our new 3-bit SSD for data centers will help considerably in expanding the market base for SSDs," said Young-Hyun Jun, executive vice president, memory sales and marketing, Samsung Electronics. "We expect SSD market growth will gain momentum as this new SSD delivers significant improvements in data center investment efficiency, leading to full-fledged commercialization of SSDs in IT systems later this year."

Samsung begins mass production of industry first 4-bit consumer SSD 102a_thm.jpg

The new PM853T SSD, available in densities of 240 GB, 480 GB and 960 GB, offers high levels of random IOPS (inputs/output per second) performance and quality of service (QoS), both essential for data center and cloud server applications. In light of these benefits, Samsung expects the adoption of 3-bit SSDs in data centers to advance rapidly in replacing the 2-bit SSD market.

In broadening the market base for SSDs, the new PM853T SSD will enable IT managers to optimize their SSD upgrades at investment levels similar to those of consumer SSDs. The PM853T delivers a 30 percent increase in manufacturing efficiency compared to SSDs that use 2-bit NAND flash components.

Utilizing Samsung's 10 nanometer (nm)-class 3-bit NAND flash components and advanced controller technology, the new drive features a sequential read speed of 530 megabytes per second (MB/s), while writing sequentially at 420MB/s. It also will read data randomly at 90,000 IOPS and handle sustained random writes at 14,000 IOPS.

Since it first produced the 3-bit NAND-based 840 EVO SSD in 2012, Samsung has taken the lead in providing SSDs for ultra-slim notebooks and PCs. With the PM853T, it has now secured a strong foothold for high-efficiency SSDs in large data centers.

Through this introduction of a SATA 6Gb/s 3-bit SSD, Samsung is reinforcing its collaboration with global data center and server customers, while continuing to offer the broadest line up of competitive SSDs (spanning SATA, SAS, and PCIe/NVMe interfaces) to increase its leadership position in the premium SSD market.

According to a market research report from IHS iSuppli, the global SSD market is expected to grow approximately 30 percent from U.S. $9.4 billion in 2013 to U.S. $12.4 billion in 2014. The report says it will also maintain a high growth rate over the next several years, reaching up to U.S. $20 billion in 2017.

btarunr, Aug 6, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    SAMSUNG Begins Mass Production of 1.8-inch, 64GB Solid State Drives for Notebooks

Samsung Electronics, announced that it has begun mass producing 1.8-inch solid state drives (SSD) at 64GB - the highest density SSD available today for mobile computing applications. SSDs feature far greater reliability, faster boot times and faster application start-up times than hard disk drives. SSD can also improve battery life by up to 20 percent in notebooks.

Samsung begins mass production of industry first 4-bit consumer SSD l_070625_thm.jpg

The 64GB SSD consists of 64 eight Gigabit (Gb) single-level cell flash memory chips. Use of 51nm process technology permits fabrication of much smaller components, with each chip having circuitry 1/2500th the width of a human hair.

Samsung is aggressively expanding market development efforts for its SSDs. Industry wide attention on ultra-light, ultra-slim notebook PCs with flash memory based SSDs reflects early market support for this new storage medium. In addition, Samsung has already introduced 32GB SSDs into ultra-mobile personal computers (UMPCs). SSDs also are being considered for server applications such as in advertising and for Web search engines. Other digital consumer products such as camcorders, PDAs and printers can now be equipped with SSDs ranging from 4GB to 64GB.

Samsung's mass production of 64GB SSDs makes it the largest producer of high-capacity SSDs in the world.

Rapid expansion of the 1.8-inch SSD market will spark demand for even smaller SSD formats to be used in mobile consumer electronics. The miniaturization of SSDs will give rise to new types of digital products. Over the next three years, 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch SSDs will also gain a great deal of momentum for widespread use in standard notebooks and desktop PCs, respectively.

Samsung expects that sales of SSD units will increase at a rapid 270 percent pace industry-wide between now and 2010 to become the largest growth segment in the NAND flash industry.

Source: Samsung

malware, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Cliff S Win User

Cliff S, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Samsung begins mass production of industry first 4-bit consumer SSD - Similar Threads - Samsung begins mass

2. 4 Samsung SSD drives \ clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4 Samsung SSD drives \ clean install: I have 3 500GB Samsung Evo 860 drives. 1 Evo 860 1 TB. I wiped the 3 500s. They were used 1x to clone existing data on drives (not OS). I wiped them and deleted the partitions. With a Win 10 v1903 iso I installed to one of these. I made it through the disc process and set up....
  3. Samsung Begins Mass Production of 16Gb LPDDR5 DRAM

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Begins Mass Production of 16Gb LPDDR5 DRAM: [img] Samsung starts shipping industry's first third-gen 10nm-class (1z) EUV-based 16Gb LPDDR5 DRAM Following DRAM, new Pyeongtaek Line 2 to produce next-gen V-NAND and foundry solutions Samsung Electronics, the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced...
  4. Samsung Begins Production of Fastest Storage for Flagship Smartphones

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Begins Production of Fastest Storage for Flagship Smartphones: The new 512GB eUFS 3.1 stores 8K videos and large-size image files without buffering [img] Samsung Electronics, the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced that it has begun mass producing the industry’s first 512-gigabyte (GB) eUFS...
  5. Samsung Begins Mass Production of 16GB LPDDR5 DRAM for Smartphones

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Begins Mass Production of 16GB LPDDR5 DRAM for Smartphones: Based on Samsung’s 2nd-generation 10nm-class process technology, the 16GB LPDDR5 mobile DRAM package delivers industry’s highest performance and largest capacity [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a world leader in advanced memory technology,...
  6. Samsung Begins Mass Production of First 12Gb LPDDR5 Mobile DRAM

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Begins Mass Production of First 12Gb LPDDR5 Mobile DRAM: [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics, the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced that it has begun mass producing the industry’s first 12-gigabit (Gb) LPDDR5 mobile DRAM, which has been optimized for enabling 5G and AI features in future smartphones. The new...
  7. Samsung announces mass production of Exynos 5G and RF chips

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung announces mass production of Exynos 5G and RF chips: [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics, a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced that its 5G communication solutions are in mass production for the latest premium mobile devices. The 5G multi-mode chipsets include the previously-introduced Exynos Modem...
  8. samsung 860 ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    samsung 860 ssd: I plan on getting a Samsung 860 evo 250 gbs on Thursday. My current stats are i5 3.3 ghz 500gb hdd only 85 used in 6 years, windows 10 upgrade from 7. My question is what improvement does this normally make. I think the programs will start faster but how fast. Will page...
  9. samsung 860 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    samsung 860 ssd: I plan on getting a Samsung 860 evo 250 gbs on Thursday. My current stats are i5 3.3 ghz 500gb hdd only 85 used in 6 years, windows 10 upgrade from 7. My question is what improvement does this normally make. I think the programs will start faster but how fast. Will page...
  10. Windows 10: Cortana begins to show up in consumer preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Cortana begins to show up in consumer preview: Microsoft is working diligently towards a release of Windows 10 that is targeted towards consumers which should arrive in late January. One of the features that will be coming -- and Neowin was the first to bring you details on it -- with Windows 10 is Cortana. While there...