Windows 10: Samsung Evo 850 500GB manufacturing country

Discus and support Samsung Evo 850 500GB manufacturing country in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought this SSD drive from a website that have shown pictures for the drive and I saw clearly that it is "Made in Korea". After I bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by msamuel8, Nov 16, 2015.

1. msamuel8 Win User

Samsung Evo 850 500GB manufacturing country

Hi,

I just bought this SSD drive from a website that have shown pictures for the drive and I saw clearly that it is "Made in Korea". After I bought it and arrived, it is now "Made in China"! Did they rip me off? what's the deal and how can I make sure I'm buying a Korean made drive and not a Chinese one? (No offense but I'm trusting Korea more than China regarding build quality and who knows what else).

:)

msamuel8, Nov 16, 2015

2. Will I lose the activation of my Windows 10 when I migrate to a new Samsung SSD?

Hello everyone,

I currently have a Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD installed in my laptop and I am planning to get the Samsung 850 EVO 500gb. I was just wondering if when I use the data migration tool from Samsung will I lose my Windows 10 activation.

Thank you all!

Adriel Jose-Angelo Trinidad, Nov 16, 2015
  3. kburnssr Win User
    kburnssr, Nov 16, 2015
  4. Samsung Evo 850 500GB manufacturing country

fracking4oil, Nov 16, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I just had to give you a thumbs up rep on that one! I wonder where the computer was made that he is going to put it in....*Confused

NavyLCDR, Nov 16, 2015
  6. msamuel8 Win User
    I wished I saw this link earlier before I bought as I just wished that mine was from the batch made in Korea but apparently no body has this choice when buying online. Is there any price difference (even minor) between the Chinese & the Korean one (for the 500GB say)?

msamuel8, Nov 16, 2015
  7. Does it really matter.

shakennstirred, Nov 16, 2015
  8. Word Man Win User

It's not like you have a practical choice on manufacturing site of the SSD or that Samsung will sell them at different prices for different manufacturing sites. The product is the product and I would assume either site manufactures subject to Samsung's product specification and Samsung monitors to confirm that is the case - I mean it's their name on it and SAMSUNG is the one warranting their product. I can't imagine what difference it would make unless you have a philosophical/political preference - in which case, maybe you coud have this conversation with Samsung directly.

In effect, the trust issue wouldn't need to be Korea versus China but whether you trust Samsung to sell you a product fit for use and as warranted - manufacturing site is irrelevant in that case or, if there are differences, that's Samsung's concern.

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Samsung Evo 850 500GB manufacturing country - Similar Threads - Samsung Evo 850

2. Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung 860 Evo 500GB: Reading Files Very slow and now showing images video etc not even let me copy paste some where i have to restart my system to copy data after every few minutes tried windows reinstall changed cables connectors everything. Currently on windows 11...
  3. Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung 860 Evo 500GB: Reading Files Very slow and now showing images video etc not even let me copy paste some where i have to restart my system to copy data after every few minutes tried windows reinstall changed cables connectors everything. Currently on windows 11...
  4. Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance: I recently bought a Samsung SSD 850 Evo which i cannected to my MS Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10 Pro using a Type C usb Sabrent Cablrle. After formatting the drive i tried to invoke Rapid Mode but failed. The Magician software does not allow me to do so. I have downgraded...
  5. Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Hello! If this has been answered before, please point me to the appropriate thread. Last night we were checking old hardware in our Service Department long abandoned from our customers (more than 8 months). Among them there was a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 2.5" SATA. I...
  6. Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems

Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems: Hi, I run the Samsung Magician, and in its System Information, stated AHCI Mode is Deactivated and SATA Interface is unable to be detected. How to resolve this, please help? Thank you guys! [img] 74257
  7. Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?

Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?: Hello. My SSD: Ssd Samsung Evo 850 250 GB, motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI, So i want to write about my issues with Windows 10 just before format, when i was on MBR partition. I want to be sure that my SSD is fine or not. So listen. Windows 10 get somehow...
  8. Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung SSD 850 EVO: [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the...
  9. Inspiron 7559 - Cloned OS to Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD but NOW WHAT?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inspiron 7559 - Cloned OS to Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD but NOW WHAT?: Before ordering my new Inspiron 7559, I read online that another user had been very happy after upgrading to 16 GB RAM and cloning the OS from the 1 TB 5500 RPM HD to a Samsung 500 GB SSD using Samsung's Data Migration Software (and keeping both drives, using the HD for...
  10. Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB: I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB and while I had been using it on my laptop with Windows 7 everything had been running ok even the Rapid mode, but when I updated to Windows 10, I am getting this error : Rapid mode is in inactive state due to system internal errors. Please...