Windows 10: Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

Discus and support Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Case King here in Germanyalready has the 970s on order. Here are the prices for us here: [img] Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Cliff S New Member

Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

Case King here in Germanyalready has the 970s on order.
    Here are the prices for us here:

Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs [​IMG]

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...70-pro-and-evo

See also:

:)

Brink, Apr 24, 2018
  3. duey_666 Win User
    Update 1709 installed but Update History shows requires restart

I have a custom gaming rig which I built my self it houses

Samsung V-NAND SSD 950 PRO M.2 NVMe which holds my OS

Samsung 840 EVO and 850 EVO and a western digital blue HDD.

I have no problems with these types of drives and the update.

As I mentioned before try the update assistant it help for me.

duey_666, Apr 24, 2018
  4. Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

Windows 10 Anniversary update for 32GB eMMC budget laptops?

I have a NUC with i5 processor Bought with 2G Ram and 32G emmc. I had no problem with upgrading to 128G and 4G. I copied the installed emmc using a usb reader to a

Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs [​IMG]

Samsung 250GB 960 Evo M.2 SSD

and samsungs proprietory program to copy installed emmc to samsung then swapped in new hdd no worries afert that

Perhaps ditching your 32G emmc is an answer?

AnthonyGaskin, Apr 24, 2018
  5. swarfega Win User
    Will probably get the pro 500Gb some time.

swarfega, Apr 24, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Les Tokar, over at TheSSDReview.com does a great job of keeping up with new developments in this space. Not surprisingly, he's got reviews of the new Samsung devices up and ready for perusal. I know what I'm buying for my next build, for sure!

Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD Review (500GB/1TB) Evo Becomes a Top Tier SSD | The SSD Review
    Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD Review (1TB) The Cost of Being The Worlds Best | The SSD Review

Check 'em out: he's got all the "speeds and feeds" for read/write/IOPs and so forth.

--Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 24, 2018
  7. bbinnard Win User
    How difficult is it to get Windows 10 to boot from an M2 SSD? I've read a bunch of posting that all include a lengthy # steps required to tweak BIOS settings, deal with UEFI mode, require using a Win10 USB boot device, etc. Apparently only the most recent versions of Win10 contain drivers that support booting from an M2 device - but is the really true?

bbinnard, Apr 24, 2018
  8. CountMike New Member

Nothing more dificult than with SATA SSD or HDD. I also cloned my SATA SSD to Samsung 960 evo few month ago without problems although there's newer driver on Samsung's site. Windows were RS2 at the time.
    970 doesn't seem to be much faster than 960.

CountMike, Apr 24, 2018
  9. bbinnard Win User
    Thanks - good to know. My system has a 950 Pro SSD boot drive now, but my motherboard (Asus P8-Z77) does not support M2 boot. I'm prepared to get a new Asus board & CPU, but really don't want to start with a Windows clean install. Cloning the 950 ==> M2 970 is what I'd like to do.

bbinnard, Apr 24, 2018
  10. OilerNut Win User
    That may not go so well.

OilerNut, Apr 24, 2018
  11. CountMike New Member
    Why not, I did it from a SATA drive ?

CountMike, Apr 24, 2018
  12. bbinnard Win User
    Oh? So are you saying a clean install is the only way to get M2 boot support?

bbinnard, Apr 24, 2018
  13. OilerNut Win User

If you are building a new system it will require a whole host of new drivers and such. So you may run into issues.

OilerNut, Apr 24, 2018
  14. OilerNut Win User
    Was more pointing to the fact he is getting a new motherboard/cpu, which will mean a different set of drivers. Can be done, but may run into quite a few issues.

OilerNut, Apr 24, 2018
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Well I bet the Samsung NVMe driver and Magician will be getting updates soon then*Wink

Cliff S, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs - Similar Threads - Samsung introduces Samsung

2. SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS: Hello, I just recently built my computer and it has been working fine for around 3 to 4 months but now my SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 has stoped working and from what I have been told the controller or something along those lines might have busted was defective from...
  3. SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS: Hello, I just recently built my computer and it has been working fine for around 3 to 4 months but now my SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 has stoped working and from what I have been told the controller or something along those lines might have busted was defective from...
  4. SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO PLUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO PLUS: I have recently got an new m.2 SSD and wanted to install it to my motherboard. After doing so I encountered and error stating "Boot from proper device". My HDD has my OS on it and changed the order of boot in the bios but still ran into the issue stated. tried many things...
  6. samsung 970 evo NVMe M2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    samsung 970 evo NVMe M2: fitted a Samsung v-nand ssd NVHe M2 ssd to my computer it shows in device manager but no in disc management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-970-evo-nvme-m2/06ff0bb9-b73c-4945-916e-e0778dc0929f
  7. Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2: Hi I recently installed Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 on my Dell Inspiron 3268. Using Samsung Data migration tool, I copied my OS to SSD and wanted to make SSD as my boot drive, but is not getting shown up in BIOS as boot option. I can see PCI as loaded in BIOS, can also see...
  8. NVMe vs SATA for M.2 SSD? Samsung 970 EVO

NVMe vs SATA for M.2 SSD? Samsung 970 EVO: What kind of M.2 do I have? NVMe vs SATA? That is the question here! Hi! I have this notebook: Dell G3 5379 and want to get a fast SSD Drive. Will this one fit? I'm confused about NVMe. My notebook has an M.2 slot and so far I only used traditional SATA 2.5" SSD drives....
  9. Introducing new Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSDs

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing new Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSDs: [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics America, today introduced the Samsung 970 EVO Plus, the newest enhancement in its Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) SSD portfolio. With industry-leading performance and up to two terabytes in capacity, Samsung’s 970 EVO Plus sets a new bar for...
  10. Samsung 970 EVO PRO NVMe M.2 drivers for new Win 10 Dell 3670

Samsung 970 EVO PRO NVMe M.2 drivers for new Win 10 Dell 3670: I need drivers for a Samsung 970 EVO PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB drive. The machine the drivers will install on does not have an internet connection for security reasons. Please advise how I can download the driver(s) on another machine and transfer them to the target Win 10 machine....