Windows 10: Samsung Magician 4.7 Released

Discus and support Samsung Magician 4.7 Released in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Like all of these companies once their product is out the door, support for that product goes downhill fast. I think Samsung will fix Magician... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by swarfega, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Samsung Magician 4.7 Released

I guess. It just comes as a shock when you buy the latest product from a company and it isn't supported by the latest Windows OS. Hard to recommend the product to anyone.

hiperthread, Aug 30, 2015
  2. SrKag Win User

no it actually slowed the PerformanceTest 8.0 1051 ofcourse in the disk drive test .. uninstalled works better again...*Eek

SrKag, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Dannysj76 Win User
    Download of majorgeeks or torrent

Dannysj76, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Dannysj76 Win User

Samsung Magician 4.7 Released

Still no support for Windows 10, I can't enable rapid mode but my 850 evo is benchmarking a over 6000mbs read and over 1000mbs write, this is the drive I wanted to enable so I'm sort of happy.

Dannysj76, Sep 1, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Use the alternative link I provided above.

swarfega, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Pano Win User
    When you install version 4.4 than you can activate Rapid Mode. After that you can install version 4.7 and Rapid Mode will still be active. The system will ask you reboot several times!
    Ik returned to version 4.5 (after I installed version 4.4) because in that version Performance optimization, Over provisioning and Rapid mode still works.

Samsung has to release a much beteer version for there SSD's!!!!!

7. zahl Win User
    No windows 10 support going by the release notes. They sure be taking their time

8. acmanten Win User

DannyJ76: Thanks for all your comments, and I will be getting a 500 or 850 EVO SSD and later using that for backup.
    be safe.. V/r Cliff M.

acmanten, Sep 1, 2015
  9. p1553dman Win User
    Hi all,
    I'm very disappointed with samsung policy and I'm also very but VERY angry.
    It is not possible that on 2nd September 2015 we are still not working with Samsung Magician software and Windows 10.
    I would remember all that windows 10 is officially released on 29th july 2015 but it's also true that Microsoft released a DEVELOPER PREVIEW just to let software house to test and make software compatible 1 DAMN YEAR BEFORE!

Samsung on mobile: I've a Note 3 NEO and I still waiting Lollipop where ALL other devices brand have it.
    Samsung on TV: LG & Co uses PASSIVE 3D technology (the same you see in the Cinema that let you tu use your own 3D glasses in the cinema and sure contrary.. but the "genius" at Samsung uses an Active 3D technology with 3D glasses with battery and with a worst quality of vision: they are SAMSUNG... *Sad
    Samsung on informatics: they sells product (SSD) that are NOT fully compatible with an OS (windows 10) Released officially 1 month early and released in DP 1 year early.
    What's the reason to buy any Samsung product again?

p1553dman, Sep 1, 2015
  10. essenbe Win User
    That is not totally true, at least for Magician. Every release of WTP, the code changed. Some software companies tried to keep up at first, but finally gave up. They said that when the final release came out they would fix the code and make a Windows 10 release. So, Samsung has not had a year, they have had a month. For a pretty good while, Microsoft did not even release the codes so their own debuggers would work on dump files. After the final release, they released new codes and solved that.

As far as the other stuff you mentioned, I have no knowledge of that.

essenbe, Sep 1, 2015
  11. p1553dman Win User
    You are right but Samsung is big brand with tons of engineers. They released a Magician version after a month (the 4.7) and still not fully works.
    Just to stay in IT field (let's out the other stuff or we will go too much OT) other little brands for example like Extensis, released quickly a Suitcase Fusion 6 version that works great with windows 10 and much more: they releases all plugins for latest Adobe CC products.
    This just to mention that Samsung is not well organized in my opinion and there are no excuse for what they are (not) doing. Meanwhile they takes our money!

p1553dman, Sep 1, 2015
  12. cinohee Win User
    NO no no noooooooooooooooooooooooo
    :|

cinohee, Sep 6, 2015
  13. dcol Win User

Magician 4.7 works on my Windows 10 Pro system. Advanced optimization worked.
    Rapid Mode enable is grayed out.
    Did notice that there is an 'Error in Obtaining Info' on the OS Parameter.
    I have an 840 EVO 500GB

14. fredc Win User
    Samsung stated a fully supported Win 10 version would be out by the middle to late Sep , still waiting.

fredc, Sep 21, 2015
  15. Word Man Win User
    I fired up Magician this morning and got a firmware update for my 850 EVO. It now shows firmware version EMT02B6Q. Haven't checked yet or seen what the purpose of it was. (Yes, I just blindly took it! LOL)

What do you think, guys & gals? Prep for a new Magician version? (Rapid Mode still grayed out in Magician 4.7 after FW update) - not that I care about Rapid Mode but I know some are interested.

Word Man, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Samsung Magician 4.7 Released - Similar Threads - Samsung Magician Released

2. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  3. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: So I have 3 machines (Win10 64-bit) and with Magician 5.3.0 installed. One machine has de OP space not located at the end. I can not seem to change this. See screenshots below. Is this a problem or doesn't it matter? Thanks. [img] [img] [img] 125949
  4. Samsung Magician 4.9 Released

Samsung Magician 4.9 Released: Samsung Magician 4.9 Released New in Version 4.9 - Magician version 4.9 features a number of improvementsover version 4.8: - New model support: Samsung 750 EVO SSD Samsung download links: Samsung 4.9 software Installation Guide Alternate MajorGeeks...
  5. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: I just tested Defrag for SSD on 2 devices. Either the possible other processes we talked about are so fast that I could not see what else was going on or it only did a single TRIM command. Exactly as it should be. *Smile *Ditto and garbage collection controlled by the...
  6. SAMSUNG MAGICIAN version 5.0 just released

SAMSUNG MAGICIAN version 5.0 just released: SAMSUNG MAGICIAN just released version 5.0 75680
  7. Samsung Magician 4.95

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician 4.95: Samsung has released a new version of Magician. All features work in Windows 10. TRIM is turned off so that Windows can perform that task. 37873
  8. Samsung Magician 5.0.0.790 released

Samsung Magician 5.0.0.790 released: Their servers have a metered connection.*Sad Tool & Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD New Features New Samsung Magician features a number of improvements over version 4.9.7 • Completely redesigned and more intuitive user interface • New Models support : Samsung...
  9. Samsung Magician 4.8

Samsung Magician 4.8: Now that Samsung's Magician software is finally available for Windows 10, I have my SSD running with Rapid Mode again. I notice that the application has created a start up entry "Samsung Rapid Mode Notification Utility". This places an icon in the right corner of the...
  10. Samsung Magician

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician: Samsung Magician Version 5.2 [img] http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201707/20170726234338606/Samsung_New_Magician_Installation_guide.pdf ***Important information, please read the pdf*** *Smile Ya'lls truly Cliff [/quote] One thing I hope is, Samsung gets...