Windows 10: Samsung mobile drivers causing shutdown and restart issue

Discus and support Samsung mobile drivers causing shutdown and restart issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plug my Samsung Galaxy 6S into my computer, it installs drivers. After that, just about every time I try to shut the computer down, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dr Whom, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Dr Whom Win User

Samsung mobile drivers causing shutdown and restart issue

When I plug my Samsung Galaxy 6S into my computer, it installs drivers. After that, just about every time I try to shut the computer down, it hangs...for 10 or 15 minutes. Then, it reboots. The only way I can get it to shut down is to do a hard stop with the power button. Happens regardless of how I set the Galaxy connection (e.g. files transfer, charge only, ...)

Ironically, this started a few months ago when I attached a kindle fire to the computer to transfer files.

When I go into device manager and uninstall the kindle drivers, there is no change.

However, when I uninstall the Samsung drivers, the computer boots normally, even with Kindle drivers installed.

When installing/uninstalling Samsung and Kindle drivers, there are some cases where I try to restart from the start menu, and it will shut down, but hang on reboot (comes up with bios screen, but the Win10 "circle" doesn't come up, and it just hangs indefinitely).

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

FYI, System restore was "off" during the initial problem timeframe

:)

Dr Whom, Oct 26, 2016

2. shut down goes into restart mode instead of shutting down

shut down goes into restart mode instead of shutting down

shutdown issue, Oct 26, 2016
  3. Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver issue

Hello,

I have a problem with intel rapid storage technology driver. It is causing the following issues on my Windows 10 laptop:

- When booting after shutdown/hibernation, the pc would freeze for 5 minutes on the spinning dots with the manufacturer logo screen, and then boot normally

( This issue does not happen after restart )

- When I shutdown/hibernate, it takes my laptop 5 to 10 minutes to shutdown/hibernate

I am sure intel rapid storage technology is causing these issues because after uninstalling the driver, these issues were gone.

However, uninstalling the IRST driver caused my hard disk to malfunction and I was forced to reinstall IRST driver.

I have also tried updating the driver, and even downgrading, and also installing the driver version given by my manufacturer, but I still faced these issues with all the versions of the driver.

Any suggestions ?

Joseph14597, Oct 26, 2016
Thema:

Samsung mobile drivers causing shutdown and restart issue

1. Samsung mobile drivers causing shutdown and restart issue - Similar Threads - Samsung mobile drivers

2. Samsung Printer Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Printer Driver Issue: I have Samsung M2020 Laser Printer and one of its functions every year is to print my Xmas Address Labels. These are saved as an Avery L7160 Template in Word. After recently upgrading to Windows 11 I now have unacceptable alignment issues. On switching to my Canon Inkjet...
  3. Network Ethernet driver causes my desktop to freeze on shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Ethernet driver causes my desktop to freeze on shutdown/restart: Hey guys, This problem started when i switched of using WiFi to using Ethernet , my computer started to freeze on shutdown and on restart screen too, forcing me to force shutdown. If i disconnect the LAN cable the issue doesn't happen, so i uninstall and installed theRealtek...
  4. restart and shutdown issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    restart and shutdown issue: laptop with high performance with ssd . its been some months im having high restart and shutdown issue 2-5 min . but low boot time . you can speak technically . running on latest version 2004 submitted by /u/levitation_lavender [link] [comments]...
  5. Driver sleep and shutdown issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver sleep and shutdown issue.: Hello, Ive been having an issue with my pc. For the past 4 years i have been able to put the pc into sleep mode. recently my PC shuts down completely when put into sleep mode. Not only that but when it shuts down it take 10 minutes for my pc to shutdown completely instead...
  6. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  7. USB issues causing disconnection/reconnection issues with Mobiles

USB issues causing disconnection/reconnection issues with Mobiles: Hey all, It's my first post here, so I'll try to be as helpful in my explanations as possible. Basically I'm running Windows 10 64-bit (free download version) and am trying to use my HTC ONE (m7) with Trinus VR. For the least latency I'm trying to use it through USB...
  8. Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones & Kies

Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones & Kies: Since I recently did a fresh install of Win10 TP 64-bit, I also had to reinstall all the apps and drivers I previously had in place from the earlier "upgrade" I did. And, part of that was adding Samsung Kies to be able to connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 to the PC. In the...
  9. Windows 10 shutdown/restart issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shutdown/restart issues: Hi everyone, I recently performed a clean Windows 10 install. (From upgraded Windows 10 system) Now, i am facing some shutdown/restart issues. I never had similar issues before even under the previous Windows 10 system. (Same hardware) When i perform a...
  10. Samsung laptop driver issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung laptop driver issues: Samsung Laptop model NP700Z5B-S01UB So I'm having a problem with drivers. Mostly with function keys/trackpad and settings software. Samsung has a settings software that controls a bunch of stuff on the laptop. Normally I wouldn't bother with such software but its directly...