Windows 10: Samsung notebook and Intel Rapid Storage Technology software

Discus and support Samsung notebook and Intel Rapid Storage Technology software in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! Current situation: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz 44 °C Tecnologia Ivy Bridge 22nm 4.00GB Canale Single DDR3 @ 798 MHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JoeMcLutz, May 7, 2016.

1. JoeMcLutz Win User

Samsung notebook and Intel Rapid Storage Technology software

Hi!
    Current situation:
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz 44 °C
    Tecnologia Ivy Bridge 22nm
    4.00GB Canale Single DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)
    SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. NP350V5C-S09IT (SOCKET 0)
    Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Samsung)
    1024 MBATI AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series (Samsung)
    465GB Hitachi HTS547550A9E384 (SATA) 30 °C
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW
    Realtek High Definition Audio

Intel Rapid Storage Technology software autostarts with the O.S. (and it requires lots of time to load up): could I disable it? Is it *really* necessary?

Samsung notebook and Intel Rapid Storage Technology software [​IMG]

Thank You! *Smile
    Greetings,
    Joe

:)

JoeMcLutz, May 7, 2016

2. iastor.sys is missing?

Hi,

Just install the newest version of Intel Rapid Storage technology software.

You should be good to go after that.

Cheers.

Jan-Willem van Vaneveld, May 7, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    auggy, May 7, 2016
  4. Samsung notebook and Intel Rapid Storage Technology software

Sure you can disable it.
    Right click on the taskbar, press "Task Manager" ,go to startup, and disable it *Wink

And it's just a program, nothing will happen.*Smile

AbAppletic, May 7, 2016
  5. JoeMcLutz Win User
    You're too kind, thank you! *Smile

JoeMcLutz, May 7, 2016
  6. pete1208 Win User
    We don't have a problem with intel rapid restore with our laptops, it's the intel anti-theft software that grinds the drive on every boot.

Look for intel command center and security in your add remove programs. The tray icon looks like a key.

pete1208, May 9, 2016
  7. JoeMcLutz Win User
    Hi Pete!
    This is all I have from Intel :

Greetings,
    Joe

JoeMcLutz, May 9, 2016
  8. pete1208 Win User

I have:

Yours looks ok (I don't read that language). The tray app just takes a bit of time to load, but doesn't slow our systems.

pete1208, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Samsung notebook and Intel Rapid Storage Technology software - Similar Threads - Samsung notebook Intel

2. Windows 8.1 + Intel Rapid Storage Technology

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 + Intel Rapid Storage Technology: Hi,I just successfully installed the Intel Rapid Storage Technology IRST driver during a Windows 10 installation,and as a dual boot, I was able to install an Ubuntu as well next to the Windows.However, it turned out that for various reasons occasionally I still need to use...
  3. intel rapid storage technology

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel rapid storage technology: after the latest update of the windows 11 every time the pc is turned on it says "iastaricon.exe" application was unable to start correctly.intel rapid storage is also not running and cannot install new softwares after intallation it says .exe not working need to re...
  4. intel rapid storage technology

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel rapid storage technology: after the latest update of the windows 11 every time the pc is turned on it says "iastaricon.exe" application was unable to start correctly.intel rapid storage is also not running and cannot install new softwares after intallation it says .exe not working need to re...
  5. Intel Rapid Storage Technology platform is not supported

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology platform is not supported: [ATTACH]IRST or Intel Rapid Storage Technology is developed by Intel for computers running on Windows operating systems. It offers greater levels of performance and reliability to the computers equipped with SATA or PCIe drives. When you are using one or multiple Serial ATA...
  6. Intel Rapid Storage Technology warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology warning: The warning 'your system is reporting one or more warnings, and data may be at risk' is being shown every time I turn on my Acer 5series. On opening the Intel RST and suppressing the SMART Event, the warning goes off, but comes back when I turn ON my system again....
  7. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.: Because of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, my (D:) drive is missing and become Recovery disk. I can't find my (D:) drive on my PC because of the array volume. How can I get my (D:) drive again?...
  8. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver: When i try to instal the driver from HP assistant it always fails to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver/36432a2f-a9e6-467c-b7c8-13af2badac9f
  9. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers: For PCH5/6/7/8 Intel Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.4.1000 WHQL http://www.station-drivers.com/index...id=687&lang=en 22629
  10. Windows 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Windows 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology: First off, Does RST work with Windows 10? I can install it and open it, I just don't see the Accelerate option Asus G750JW, HM87 Chipset 1TB HDD boot drive installed a 60GB SSD that I want to use Intel's RST for SSD caching I've tried about 5 different solutions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel® rapid storage technology (intel® rst) user interface and driver for intel® 6th/7th generation platforms