Windows 10: Samsung notebook black screen after command "BCDedit /set recoveryenabled no"

Discus and support Samsung notebook black screen after command "BCDedit /set recoveryenabled no" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My Samsung notebook faced the exact automatic repair loop problem as described in the following link.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FanCherry, Aug 17, 2018.

1. FanCherry Win User

Samsung notebook black screen after command "BCDedit /set recoveryenabled no"

Hi,

My Samsung notebook faced the exact automatic repair loop problem as described in the following link.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/automatic-repair-error-srttrailtxt/e462bd3f-2b92-4ed1-8b1c-ed4866256f46

I followed typing all the commands as suggested by the link and got the same results as the previous user, for example, no bad sectors. Then, I tried to type the command "BCDedit /set recoveryenabled no", but when I turned my laptop off and turned it on again, I got a black screen with the word "Samsung" stuck for a long time. By rebooting the laptop serveral times, I still cannot get the blue screen for the troubleshooting options anymore.

May I have your suggestions for how I could fix my laptop? Greatly appreciate for your help and prompt reply.

:)

FanCherry, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Stuck at loading screen

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated with this concern. Please try to start your computer in
    Safe mode, once you are able to login to Safe mode,
    kindly follow the steps on how to Disable automatic startup repair:

• Right-click on Start then left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following command of the black screen bcdedit /set recoveryenabled No and Press Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Aug 17, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How to Disable Advanced startup options

Open Command Prompt as Administrator (Windows + X keys together and choose Command Prompt (admin) from the menu)

Run each of there commands in turn and hit enter:

bcdedit /set bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures

bcdedit /set recoveryenabled No

bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures

bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No

Close Command Prompt and Reboot . . .

DaveM121, Aug 17, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Automatically Starts in Recovery Mode

Open a Command Prompt windows as administrator (Windows + X keys together and select Command Prompt (admin))

Run each of these commands and hit enter after each one:

bcdedit /set recoveryenabled No

bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No

Exit Command Prompt and reboot

DaveM121, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Samsung notebook black screen after command "BCDedit /set recoveryenabled no" - Similar Threads - Samsung notebook black

2. Black screen with command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with command prompt: So basically I had a 2022 windows 10 pc and I wanted to get a 2016 version for my liking and it downloaded everything and then restarted my pc ever since then I didn't know what to do I watched some guides to do some health check ups but it didn't help it gpt me really...
  3. Bcdedit /set correct command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bcdedit /set correct command: What is the correct one cuz im a bit confused about it as some say one to another and it just really confused me....i want to disable it and if i did understand it should be True as false will forcesnoop if im right.bcdedit /set hypervisorloadoptions NOFORCESNOOPor bcdedit...
  4. Bcdedit /set correct command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bcdedit /set correct command: What is the correct one cuz im a bit confused about it as some say one to another and it just really confused me....i want to disable it and if i did understand it should be True as false will forcesnoop if im right.bcdedit /set hypervisorloadoptions NOFORCESNOOPor bcdedit...
  5. Bcdedit /set correct command

6. Bcdedit commands

Bcdedit commands: Recently I saw a video using these commands to fix a game that won't launch and I'm curious as to what these commands do bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF bcdedit -set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS OFF Thanks...
  7. Black screen on HP Pavilion Notebook after BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on HP Pavilion Notebook after BIOS Update: Hi All, I started facing this issue after I tried to update BIOS after HP Support Assistant's recommendation. Since morning I am getting a black screen after I switch my notebook on. I tried to perform a BIOS recovery by pressing Window + B and letting it do its thing....
  8. Black command screen.

Black command screen.: Black command box periodically flashes on my screen. Can anyone help to solve this problem. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-command-screen/51cd14f1-8d48-4e8b-a13b-deef6cebc7bb
  9. BCDEDIT Command after Win10 Reinstallation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BCDEDIT Command after Win10 Reinstallation?: I had issues with BitLocker PIN prompt in the past similar to the below discussion. BitLocker with TPM and PIN - Laptop shuts down after 60 seconds The solution was this: open up command prompt window as administrator: type in this command: bcdedit /set {bootmgr}...
  10. BCDedit says: "The set command specified is not valid"

in Windows 10 Support
    BCDedit says: "The set command specified is not valid": I am using Windows PowerShell (Admin). My command line is this: "bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\ubuntu\shimx64.efi" I had used this exact command line before and it did work. Now it says "The set command specified is not valid". It makes no sense. So I am suspecting...