Windows 10: Samsung R20plus Laptop Win 10 upgrade experience.

Discus and support Samsung R20plus Laptop Win 10 upgrade experience. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Upgrading my Samsung R20 plus Laptop to Windows 10, was not a straight forward experience, compared to the three PC's I had previously attempted so to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ecky, Sep 10, 2015.

1. ecky Win User

Samsung R20plus Laptop Win 10 upgrade experience.

Upgrading my Samsung R20 plus Laptop to Windows 10, was not a straight forward experience, compared to the three PC's I had previously attempted so to help others I thought a summary of my problems and solutions may be useful, it certainly would have helped me, most of the solutions are scattered on the Web, its just finding them ..

I recommend loading the upgrade on to a DVD rather than downloading and updating, as this can take some time if an upgrade fails for any reason, and a number of attempts are necessary.

1. the first problem was a message to say the Wireless Adapter was not compatible, and the update failed ..

This was got round by plugging in an external USB WiFi aerial which I happened to have. and the WiFi adapter in the Laptop does work OK once Win 10 is up and running.

2. the next attempt was ok, but I ended up with only basic video drivers, not suited to the screen resolution.

this was cured with installing Win 7 drivers which I had a copy of.

3. My laptop was DUAL boot, with Vista as the second OS, I now had lost this facility at some point in the Driver update.

My most annoying problem at this point was the Laptop would boot up with a blank BLACK screen and just a mouse cursor, pressing off button briefly put it to sleep, on wake up the start screen appeared and all was well.

I updated my BIOS, (Info on the Web) to no avail, but a free program called easyBCD (Info on Web) came to my rescue, giving me my dual boot back.

Finally I set FAST START to off, (info on the Web) and this cured my blank screen problem.

I hope this information helps others with the same Hardware

regards

:)

2. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP Windows 10

I'm on Win 10 version 10586.420 on a Tablet, Phone and Laptop and have been very happy with Win 10 ever since upgrading from 8.1. But then yesterday, my hp Omni Tablet got this Kernel error and today, my Samsung i5 Laptop!!

Contrary to the experiences here, both my Tablet & Laptop rebooted automatically just fine, but I hope this is the end of the matter... after all, it has been horribly hot the last week... Samsung R20plus Laptop Win 10 upgrade experience. ;)

Surendran Nambiath, Sep 10, 2015
  3. What happens to Samsung Recovery Solution when upgraded to Windows 10?

When { IF !! } I upgrade to WINDOWS 10 what will happen to Samsung Recovery Solution 4 which is present on my Samsung Laptop currently running WIN 7? Will it provide a way back to WIn 7 OS and restore my laptop or become a redundant feature that auto
    loads. Presumably similar features apply to other laptop manufacturers where a disk OS is not supplied.

JOHNNASH2015, Sep 10, 2015
Thema:

Samsung R20plus Laptop Win 10 upgrade experience.

1. Samsung R20plus Laptop Win 10 upgrade experience. - Similar Threads - Samsung R20plus Laptop

2. upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro: upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro, my laptop with retail version of win 10 pro died and i wish to transfer reail win 10 pro to replacement laptop that has wn 10 oem home. the key i hqave is only the generic ......3V66T how will microsoft now that i had the...
  3. upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro: upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro, my laptop with retail version of win 10 pro died and i wish to transfer reail win 10 pro to replacement laptop that has wn 10 oem home. the key i hqave is only the generic ......3V66T how will microsoft now that i had the...
  4. upgrade laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Experience Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Experience Upgrading to Windows 10: For those interested in upgrading to Windows 10, there is an option that may not have occurred to you. By default, your apps, managed settings, and personal files are kept when upgrading. I never could upgrade without an error when using that option. I did a search on the...
  6. My Experience Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Experience Upgrading to Windows 10: For those interested in upgrading to Windows 10, there is an option that may not have occurred to you. By default, your apps, managed settings, and personal files are kept when upgrading. I never could upgrade without an error when using that option. I did a search on the...
  7. Upgrading from Win7 to Win 10 on a samsung.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win7 to Win 10 on a samsung.: Install completes to 100% and fails at last hurdle with error C1900101-20017. Lots of ideas on internet to resolve which I've done but still does not upgrade. Following updates fail KB3075226 and KB2952664. s there a magic solution I can use?...
  8. Upgraded a Win 7 laptop using Win 10 Upgrade Assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded a Win 7 laptop using Win 10 Upgrade Assistant: Split from this thread. I am having a similar but not exact issue.... Today I upgraded a Win 7 laptop using Win 10 Upgrade Assistant direct from within WIndows. After the download, verification, and install process I was greeted with the initial Win 10 logo along with...
  9. Samsung’s foldable laptops will revamp the PC experience

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung’s foldable laptops will revamp the PC experience: Samsung is trying to reinvent both phones and PCs experience with foldable displays concept. The South Korean smartphone giant Samsung appears to be obsessed with foldable displays as a new report claims that the company is working on a foldable laptop that would apparently...
  10. Upgrade Samsung Laptop HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Samsung Laptop HDD to SSD: Evening All, I would like to upgrade this ole Samsung Laptop, with a Samsung 850 EVO SSD, but I'm not sure because of the iSSD P4 8GB (used for Express Cache). I know I won't need it anymore, but is there going to be conflicts/issues ? Specs: Operating System Windows...