Windows 10: Samsung S24D300 secondary monitor black screen

Discus and support Samsung S24D300 secondary monitor black screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Two months ago I got a secondary monitor (Samsung S24D300) for my laptop (Toshiba Satellite c55). Setup was a breeze, and I had everything up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sarb, Nov 27, 2016.

1. sarb Win User

Samsung S24D300 secondary monitor black screen

Hello,

Two months ago I got a secondary monitor (Samsung S24D300) for my laptop (Toshiba Satellite c55). Setup was a breeze, and I had everything up and running right away. I have had no problems until this morning, when I sat down at my computer this morning, and found the Samsung monitor was black.

The monitor itself is on and functional (the monitor's menus are navigable), set to HDMI input, and plugged in to my laptop via HDMI; laptop display settings are set to "extend display." I can still "guess" at where things are on the black screen, and click and drag to/from my laptop screen. I checked drivers for both the monitor and graphics card, and both are up to date.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

-S

:)

2. Donally Win User

After updating to Windows 10 Creators update, my ASUS HDMI monitor won't work

Do I need a driver update for my ASUS monitor now that I upgraded to Windows 10 Creators' update? As my secondary shared monitor, it's not displaying anything but my cursor and a black screen.

Donally, Nov 27, 2016
  3. ch1701b Win User
    Samsung Monitor not Working after Upgrade to Windows 10

I had the same problem when adding my Samsung S24D300 to my newly upgraded Windows 10 PC. Samsung monitors rely heavily on the graphics cards for Driver support and NOT the operating system. My PC is running a Nvidia Quadro 2000 graphics card with 2
    Display Ports and a DVI Port, and the Samsung monitor I had to use one of the Display Ports using a Display Port to VGA adaptor. By doing so, the computer thought the highest resolution for my monitor was 1280 x 1024. So I had to go into the NVIDIA control
    panel and create a custom resolution for the new monitor that took it to 1920 x 1080 32 bit with a 60 hz refresh with Progressive scan then I applied it to that monitor and now it looks awesome. The operating system still thinks it is a Generic PnP monitor.
    It is a work around that works.

ch1701b, Nov 27, 2016
  4. Samsung S24D300 secondary monitor black screen

• Hi...
      Some Problem Solving Techniques.....
      1- Make sure the power cord is connected securely and completely at the monitor and at the electrical outlet.
      2- Some Samsung monitors have another power switch at the back in addition to the power button on the front. If there is a power switch at the back of your monitor, make sure it is on, and then press the front power button of the monitor.
      3- Make sure that the signal cable between your monitor and computer is connected securely and completely to the back of your monitor and to your video card.

Press the Auto Adjust button on your monitor. This will adjust your monitor to the incoming signal and may give you a picture and let you reset the refresh rate and resolution in regular mode. If you do get a picture, follow the directions immediately below to change the refresh rate and resolution.

waltercarroll, Nov 29, 2016
  5. sarb Win User
    Thanks very much for your reply!

The problem seems to have resolved... I unplugged all cables and turned everything off, then left it for awhile. When I reconnected cables and turned everything back on, the monitor worked fine. It's a little irritating to not know what the problem was, but for now I'm not complaining.

In any event, thanks again for the reply. If my screen blacks out again I'll keep your tips in mind.

sarb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Samsung S24D300 secondary monitor black screen

1. Samsung S24D300 secondary monitor black screen - Similar Threads - Samsung S24D300 secondary

2. Touch screen connected as secondary monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen connected as secondary monitor.: Touch screen connected as secondary monitor when needed !And always my primary monitor sets as touch screen.Any possibilities to change this -> To set up specific monitor with touch support be as touch screen forever?Always i do when I need secondary monitor:I connecting...
  3. Touch screen connected as secondary monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch screen connected as secondary monitor.: Touch screen connected as secondary monitor when needed !And always my primary monitor sets as touch screen.Any possibilities to change this -> To set up specific monitor with touch support be as touch screen forever?Always i do when I need secondary monitor:I connecting...
  4. Secondary monitor has black screen while main is fine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary monitor has black screen while main is fine.: Same problem as the 3 threads below noticed all 3 locked w/o solution: Secondary monitor has black screen while main is fine. Both monitors are detected and has its recommended resolution settings. Re-installed manufacturer drivers and forced windows to use it Mine was LG...
  5. Blank Screen on Wake With Secondary Monitor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blank Screen on Wake With Secondary Monitor: Hi everyone, I'm having this issue intermittently where upon startup my laptop screen doesn't wake but my secondary monitor wakes up and is fully functionable. If I restart my computer with my monitor attached by HDMI the problem remains. If I unplug the monitor and do a...
  6. Main monitor causing black screen on both my main monitor and secondary monitor

Main monitor causing black screen on both my main monitor and secondary monitor: As the title says, my main monitor is connected via hdmi and the secondary via DVI. Have been using both monitors for years, was working fine up until a few days ago. Computer would boot but neither neither screen came on, waited until my system auto logged on and tried...
  7. Secondary Monitor Not displaying black screen

Secondary Monitor Not displaying black screen: I have two monitors , both using Display port . The right one black screen is on and detected but isn't displaying anything , cursor disappears like it should but cannot see it or anything else . It is also in vertical orientation any clues to fixing it ?...
  8. Moving outlook from secondary monitor to the primary left a "black shadow" on the secondary...

Moving outlook from secondary monitor to the primary left a "black shadow" on the secondary...: Never seen this before but there was a recent NVidia driver update that came in at same time with feature 1909 I moved the outlook display back to the secondary monitor but it wont "stick' to its shadow. I cannot close outlook. Anything I bring up on the second monitor is...
  9. Secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary monitor: Recently I bought a slightly larger monitor and planned to use the older one as a secondary monitor. I went in via 'Display Settings' but have managed to screw things up and I've ended up making this smaller monitor the primary one. How might I reverse this and thus make the...
  10. Black screen on boot but only on secondary monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on boot but only on secondary monitors: Brand new guy with a question: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 connected via a Kensington SD 4000 dock to two external monitors. When I am in my office, the laptop is connected to the dock, and the lid is closed. Everything works fine, EXCEPT when I restart (or just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is power button on S24D300

2. s24d300 input settings