Windows 10: SAMSUNG SMART TV MESSAGE-CHANGE RESOLUTION OF EXTERNAL DEVICE

Discus and support SAMSUNG SMART TV MESSAGE-CHANGE RESOLUTION OF EXTERNAL DEVICE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please help, I cannot even look at my xbox screen or log on it because of my tv. I changed it at another house and when I brought it back and plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by charlie ross2, Dec 8, 2023.

1. SAMSUNG SMART TV MESSAGE-CHANGE RESOLUTION OF EXTERNAL DEVICE

Please help, I cannot even look at my xbox screen or log on it because of my tv. I changed it at another house and when I brought it back and plugged it in, it says cheang resolution of external device

:)

charlie ross2, Dec 8, 2023
  2. easantosb Win User

TV MESSAGE - Resolution not supported. Change the resolution of the external device.

Hello eveyone,

I have the same problem. It appeared exactly after Windows 10 update. TV shows the message "Mode Not Supported Resolution not supported. Change the resolution of the external device".

I have a Lenovo ideapad 510 and a Samsung TV (Model T28D310ES):

The Windows 10 Version 1709 SO16299.125

I have a Intel HD Graphics 620. I already updated the controller version: 22.20.16.4749

I have also a NVidia GeForce 940MX. Driver Version 382.64 (Lattest is 388.71 but I can not install it. It shows an error when I try)

I tried changing the resolution using the Intel HD Graphics control panel, and also the right-click on desktop setup. I have tried everything you recommend. But I still have this problem. (I even updated the firmware of the Samsung TV).

Desktop and Tv were bought in Germany.

What can I do now?

easantosb, Dec 8, 2023
  3. Artzus Win User
    TV MESSAGE - Resolution not supported. Change the resolution of the external device.

just bought and updated windows 10 on new HP tower with intel graphics. I have a Samsung TV also hooked up to the HDMI port that worked before the update, but did not after. I tried all solutions suggeste here, short of system restore and returning the
    computer, frustrated with windows engineers lack of anticipation and understanding of this problem..and the ONE solution that FINALLY worked, was to change the combination of "resolution" AND "refresh rate" on the intel graphics control panel to 1600x900
    and 24hz respectively. its working!

Artzus, Dec 8, 2023
  4. AamirAman Win User

SAMSUNG SMART TV MESSAGE-CHANGE RESOLUTION OF EXTERNAL DEVICE

Hi Roberto!

I am facing a similar problem as Steve. Its windows 10 1709 and im trying to connect it via HDMI. But the message on my samsung tv shows that the resolution is not supported. I checked it on another samsumg but same problem. But once I hooked up my laptop
    to the LG tv it worked... Its not working on my hdmi monitor as well...

AamirAman, Dec 8, 2023
Thema:

SAMSUNG SMART TV MESSAGE-CHANGE RESOLUTION OF EXTERNAL DEVICE

1. SAMSUNG SMART TV MESSAGE-CHANGE RESOLUTION OF EXTERNAL DEVICE - Similar Threads - SAMSUNG SMART MESSAGE

2. Windows Cast not connecting to Samsung Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Cast not connecting to Samsung Smart TV: I've been casting from my Win11 to my Samsung TV for a long time, but now the computer is not connecting to the TV. The TV shows up in the available displays list but when I click on it, it keeps "Connecting" forever and it never does. I did just reboot my pc and reinstalled...
  3. Windows Cast not connecting to Samsung Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Cast not connecting to Samsung Smart TV: I've been casting from my Win11 to my Samsung TV for a long time, but now the computer is not connecting to the TV. The TV shows up in the available displays list but when I click on it, it keeps "Connecting" forever and it never does. I did just reboot my pc and reinstalled...
  4. Mirroring Windows 11 to Samsung smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mirroring Windows 11 to Samsung smart TV: When I mirror my Windows 11 laptop to my Samsung smart tv, I always get a split screen on the tv. One is my laptop screen mirroring and the other is my Samsung tv. Why is the tv showing both screens? How do I get rid of the tv screen and only mirror the laptop on the tv?...
  5. Mirroring Windows 11 to Samsung smart TV

Mirroring Windows 11 to Samsung smart TV: When I mirror my Windows 11 laptop to my Samsung smart tv, I always get a split screen on the tv. One is my laptop screen mirroring and the other is my Samsung tv. Why is the tv showing both screens? How do I get rid of the tv screen and only mirror the laptop on the tv?...
  6. SAMSUNG SMART TV MESSAGE-CHANGE RESOLUTION OF EXTERNAL DEVICE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAMSUNG SMART TV MESSAGE-CHANGE RESOLUTION OF EXTERNAL DEVICE: Please help, I cannot even look at my xbox screen or log on it because of my tv. I changed it at another house and when I brought it back and plugged it in, it says cheang resolution of external device...
  7. SAMSUNG SMART TV MESSAGE-CHANGE RESOLUTION OF EXTERNAL DEVICE

SAMSUNG SMART TV MESSAGE-CHANGE RESOLUTION OF EXTERNAL DEVICE: Please help, I cannot even look at my xbox screen or log on it because of my tv. I changed it at another house and when I brought it back and plugged it in, it says cheang resolution of external device...
  8. projecting my laptop to Samsung smart tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    projecting my laptop to Samsung smart tv: Hello, I have an Asus laptop x556uv running windows 10 and a Samsung smart TV of UHD 7 series model UE50RU7100UXMI. I'm trying to project my laptop screen to the TV wireless which is discovered by the computer but the connection fails Further investigation under...
  9. labtop to samsung smart tv hookup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    labtop to samsung smart tv hookup: how to connect labtop to Samsung smart tv by wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/labtop-to-samsung-smart-tv-hookup/3efa84ca-7747-45bd-b58b-7239ef5e379c
  10. Laptop connect Samsung smart TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop connect Samsung smart TV: laptop connect to Samsung smart TV look not clear. look how to do it make look better clear and I could use laptop to smart TV than hold on my hip nor the desk anywhere. How do I make laptop to smart TV look good work ? 132777