Windows 10: Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Discus and support Samsung SSD 850 EVO in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gary, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung SSD 850 EVO [​IMG]

About This Product

Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the 850 EVO’s new 3 dimensional chip design that enables superior performance, greater reliability and superior energy efficiency so you can work and play faster and longer than ever before.

d Retail: $109.99
    Your Price: $89.99

You Save: $20

Free shipping on all orders over $50

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/memory-storage/MZ-75E250B/AM

I was thinking about getting an SSD and was wondering if this is a good deal. I only Have Sata II so it won't be as fast but it will be faster than my WD Spinner. What do you guys think? It says nothing about Trim but this is some brand new technology.

:)

2. Win10 clean setup issue with my Z68 or my SSD?

120Gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD. There is no new firmware for it.

Vladimir Krasnoshchyokov, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Anyone upgrade to a SSD? Will there be a significant improvement in performance?

which SSD u got? im leaning towards the samsung 850 EVO.

jesseholiday, Oct 19, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

No one knows anything about SSD's???

5. aztec506 Win User
    Hey Gary,
    I've been running an 500 gb mSATA version in my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro. I've probably had it for 5-6 months. No problems at all with it. Fast, usually close to advertised speeds when benchmarking.

aztec506, Oct 19, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    Thanks , I just ordered it.

7. Word Man Win User
    I've bought 2 of the 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO's for $165-$175 each over the last 3 months, set aside the migration software, and imaged and restored HDD to SSD using Macrium and away we went - easy, peasy...

Word Man, Oct 19, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Hey Gary, I have the Samsung 840 EVO 250GB one installed on this computer, no problems, was already installed when I bought it. I bought this used on ebay, its only a year old. What I mean is I bought the whole computer with monitor on ebay. Price was just too good to pass up. I also have 2 more SSD's but they are made by Intel, one I took out, the other one is still running on my 2nd computer, its about 2 years old, again, no problems. Thats a 250GB one too. I think you will LOVE your new ssd, and of course the SPEED!! Congats to you Gary!!!!! Best way to run it, is try not to fill it up over 50 to 60% IF you can. Makes them run better and longer.

NICE PRICE!!! WoW *Smile

OldMike65, Oct 19, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    The price was down to $84 .00 when I purchase it. I only plan to place about 140Gb of data on it. Thanks Mike!

10. Gary Win User
    Thanks WM*Smile

11. jds63 Win User
    Just saw this Gary, i have same SSD 250GB used for OS works good no issues, it replaced a crucial.$84.00 is a steal.

jds63, Oct 19, 2015
  12. Gary Win User
    When I saw the price drop, I just had to get it. I saw some Corsair 250 Gb SSD's that were like 2.5 times that price.

13. jds63 Win User

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Mine was $97.00 few months back, so that is a good price. Just notice it tends to run slightly warmer then a Crucial SSD. You think Corsair is more, look at Intel's SSD prices, there rated well too.

jds63, Oct 19, 2015
  14. Gary Win User
    yes I saw those prices on the Intel's SSD's over 700 to 1200 bucks est.

15. OldMike65 Win User
    Nope....you can buy Intels SSD's a lot cheaper than that.....I own 2 never paid any where's near that price, unless your talking 500GB or higher.

OldMike65, Oct 19, 2015
Thema:

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

1. Samsung SSD 850 EVO - Similar Threads - Samsung SSD 850

2. RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem: Hi! I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 256GB and I recently started noticing very slow write speeds. I installed the latest version of Samsung Magician 7.2.1 and ran a Performance Benchmark on the drive it was taking over 2 hours, so I canceled the test. After this, I enabled "Full...
  3. Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?

Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?: I'm having lots of BSODs and the forum member who is assisting me (Lots of IRQ_Less... and KERNEL_SECURITY... BSODs on 2 month old build - Windows 10 Forums) picked up lots of retry messages from the Beta Collector that I uploaded for my Samsung 850 EVO SSD. Are all these...
  4. Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance

Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance: I recently bought a Samsung SSD 850 Evo which i cannected to my MS Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10 Pro using a Type C usb Sabrent Cablrle. After formatting the drive i tried to invoke Rapid Mode but failed. The Magician software does not allow me to do so. I have downgraded...
  5. Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Hello! If this has been answered before, please point me to the appropriate thread. Last night we were checking old hardware in our Service Department long abandoned from our customers (more than 8 months). Among them there was a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 2.5" SATA. I...
  6. System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Following a successful install of Creator's Update I transferred all files-including OS-to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD (500gb) using Samsung Magician software supplied with the SSD. File transfer went was perfect. Old HDD was removed and replaced with Samsung SSD. Reboot was...
  7. Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems

Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems: Hi, I run the Samsung Magician, and in its System Information, stated AHCI Mode is Deactivated and SATA Interface is unable to be detected. How to resolve this, please help? Thank you guys! [img] 74257
  8. Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?

Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?: Hello. My SSD: Ssd Samsung Evo 850 250 GB, motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI, So i want to write about my issues with Windows 10 just before format, when i was on MBR partition. I want to be sure that my SSD is fine or not. So listen. Windows 10 get somehow...
  9. SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode: Hi guys, i'm using win 10 pro x64 on a samsung evo 850 120gb ssd. My samsung magician just can't recognize the OS, anyone knows how to fix? Thank you and sorry for my bad grammar! *Tongue [img] 24028
  10. Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB: I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB and while I had been using it on my laptop with Windows 7 everything had been running ok even the Rapid mode, but when I updated to Windows 10, I am getting this error : Rapid mode is in inactive state due to system internal errors. Please...