Windows 10: Samsung SSD Software and Windows 10

Discus and support Samsung SSD Software and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have sent the following questions to the Press Department of Samsung: Why has Samsung been so slow at issuing a Windows 10 Update for its SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xyz, Sep 1, 2015.

1. XYZ
    xyz Win User

Samsung SSD Software and Windows 10

I have sent the following questions to the Press Department of Samsung:

Why has Samsung been so slow at issuing a Windows 10 Update for its SSD Software (Magician/Migration Software)? Does Samsung not feel any responsibility in keeping its software up-to-date, and responsibility towards its customers of these SSD? Windows 10 test versions, and actual release, have been available for quite some time now, why has Samsung not responded with a new update to SSD software, since enough time has been available, especially for such a major electronic company? Does Samsung view SSD (and relevant software) sales, and customers of these, as trivial or unimportant in its overall business strategy and economic interests? If not, why then has the update response been so exceedingly slow? How much longer do you expect your customers will have to wait before you finally get around to issuing an update, if at all? Does Samsung, as a major electronic company, not feel any shame at such a lame response, and generally bad treatment, or snubbing of its customers? What is Samsungs official position on this?

If I get an answer I will post it here

:)

2. SATA drive can't Optimize since Windows 10 upgrade (from 7) - Non-AHCI NVIDIA Controller

I use Samsung Magician with my Samsung EVO 850 on Windows 10. Why do you say they're incompatible?

What is the "freeware" software that you found that could optimize?

ChronicleMe, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade fails "Cannot access system reserved partition" on cloned SSD using Samsung Data Migration

I followed the exact same path, installing Samsung ssd's on 2 systems running 8.1 several weeks ago. Then when updating the ssd's to Windows 10, the upgrades failed in the same way, with the same error, "Can not access system reserved partition." At this
    point I removed the ssd's and replaced the traditional drives, updated 8.1 with the latest updates, and then installed Windows 10 with no problems on the old drives.

With 10 running fine on the old drives, I then tried to use Samsung Data Migration software to again clone the ssd's, but the Samsung software, now running on Windows 10, would not recognize the ssd drives. (This was true even after I used the Samsung software
    to create the bootable DOS cd, and run through the process of restoring the ssd to original factory shipped status.)

I was able to use EaseUS free software to clone one of the disks, where I was copying a 1TB traditional drive to a 1TB ssd drive. But the EaseUS software failed on the second system, where I was trying to clone a 750GB traditional drive to a 500GB ssd drive.
    This was true even after I modified the partitions so that there was slightly more than 250GB unallocated space on the end of the 750GB drive. So, still looking for a fix for the second system.

PeterKaneZS, Sep 1, 2015
  4. pbcopter Win User

Have you tried version 4.7 that was just released? I have not yet tried it as my Windows 10 system is down at the moment.

pbcopter, Sep 1, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    @xyz - This is always a problem with ALL manufacturers whenever a new iteration of an OS is released and/or even when things such as new interface standards or chipset appear on the market. This is perfectly normal and is definitely not unique to Samsung. In the meantime all anyone can ever do is find ways to workaround the issue until the manufacturer release updates that are proven to work. Sometimes a third-party software release resolves the issue. For older components new updates are often never released...

Patience grasshopper...Rome wasn't built in a day...*Smile

WhyMe, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Snakeyes Win User
    version 4.7 works on Windows 10 but does not enable rapid without major hacks.I believe the OP was concerned about migration software. No idea on that

Snakeyes, Sep 1, 2015
  7. fireberd Win User
    I have an 850 EVO (500GB) that I'm using on Win 10. I don't have the Samsung Magician installed (never had it installed when this system was Win 8.1). Everything works well the way it is.

fireberd, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Samsung SSD Software and Windows 10

What doesn't work with the software? I have 4.6 running in Windows 10 for my 840 Evo. It even detected a firmware update and applied it for me. Seems to be running fine for me.

DeaconFrost, Sep 1, 2015
  9. Word Man Win User
    All I've gathered is that Rapid Mode doesn't work under Windows 10. Since, from my perspective, Rapid Mode is mere snake oil or (to be less controversial) offers me no perceivable benefit, it bothers me not in the least. I went ahead and updated from 4.6 to 4.7 - just because I could. No impact, I don't run it in startup, I only fire it up to check the benchmark out of curiosity or check if there's a firmware update.

Word Man, Sep 1, 2015
  10. I enabled Rapid Mode when I was running 8.1 and my benchmarks never changed. If that's all that doesn't work, I'd call it a non-issue for me.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Samsung SSD Software and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Samsung SSD Software

2. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  3. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  4. Windows 10 Installation on a Samsung SSD Issue

Windows 10 Installation on a Samsung SSD Issue: Hello, I recently bought a 1 TB Samsung SSD, and I have wanted to install Windows on it. However, the problem persists that the installation resets after rebooting the computer. So, the installation never completes fully. I have tried using Rufus and installing the ISO onto...
  5. Samsung printer software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung printer software: Keeps asking for administrator, I am administrator, and wont run from exe file, right click run as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/samsung-printer-software/0d2c6c40-477f-452a-838f-290dea41bf8e
  6. samsung 860 ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    samsung 860 ssd: I plan on getting a Samsung 860 evo 250 gbs on Thursday. My current stats are i5 3.3 ghz 500gb hdd only 85 used in 6 years, windows 10 upgrade from 7. My question is what improvement does this normally make. I think the programs will start faster but how fast. Will page...
  7. samsung 860 ssd

samsung 860 ssd: I plan on getting a Samsung 860 evo 250 gbs on Thursday. My current stats are i5 3.3 ghz 500gb hdd only 85 used in 6 years, windows 10 upgrade from 7. My question is what improvement does this normally make. I think the programs will start faster but how fast. Will page...
  8. Samsung Magician Software Updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Magician Software Updated: 5.2.1 is now available. SSD Tools Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD | Samsung Semiconductor Global Website 111459
  9. Samsung Magician / Samsung SSD 840 series

Samsung Magician / Samsung SSD 840 series: [img] I get above error; I've updated the intel rapid storage driver and asmedia sata controller driver. My motherboard is an asus z97 deluxe. Help is appreciated; thx ! 59239
  10. Samsung 850 Pro SSD Software Support for WIN 10

Samsung 850 Pro SSD Software Support for WIN 10: I have Win 10 (10240) installed and a new Samsung 850 Pro SSD to install. The current versions of the Samsung supplied software, Magician 4.6 (I downloaded this because the one supplied with the SSD wasn't the current one) and Data Migration 2.7 don't recognize the SSD....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung ssd software windows 10