Windows 10: Samsung TV screws up touchscreen calibration

Discus and support Samsung TV screws up touchscreen calibration in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Jumping right into this in a first post because I'm desperate. I have years of experience with windows but I can't find info anywhere: When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dorpmuller, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Samsung TV screws up touchscreen calibration

Hi all,
    Jumping right into this in a first post because I'm desperate. I have years of experience with windows but I can't find info anywhere:

When I plug in a micro hdmi cable to my Lenovo tablet to use for watching TV (because so-called smart tv software should be declared a felony) the touchscreen calibration gets destroyed and the tab becomes useless for inputting to the Samsung TV which IMO is useless for anything except as a monitor. It seems as if the tablet slaves to the TV when I connect hdmi which in turn wrecks the touchscreen calibration so I can't navigate with the tab. Touch in the desired spot registers in a completely different place.

This formerly worked fine, now all of a sudden it's a mess. I'd be eternally grateful for any pointers.

Thanks a lot,

Rich

:)

dorpmuller, Mar 31, 2018
  2. mdeclue Win User

I cannot calibrate a second touch screen in Windows 10

Well, I have got it working.

Under Tablet PC setting the Display Options calibrate button never becomes available, BUT the Setup button in the Configure box did allow me to select monitor 4 as the touchscreen monitor (which makes it the touchscreen monitor).

Calibrate never becomes available for the working touchscreen (4), but the calibration seems to be good.

Thanks.

mdeclue, Mar 31, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade-problem with Display

I have the same problem, Samsung said their is no drivers,,,,,,,tv is only a display function,

windows 10 messed things up and no body from Microsoft can fix it, I have had extensive post with them,,,,,,,,,amd, hp, all said it is windows engineers that screwed it up, I had 2 display numbers before windows 10, 1 for the Samsung monitor, and 1 for
    the Samsung 46" tv

BUT I still only have a number 1 in the display settings, and no body from Microsoft can help me

i want to keep windows media, Mar 31, 2018
Thema:

Samsung TV screws up touchscreen calibration

1. Samsung TV screws up touchscreen calibration - Similar Threads - Samsung screws touchscreen

2. Touchscreen calibration fail randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen calibration fail randomly: Hello,I have a problem on multiple machine with multiple touchscreen monitors. They keep losing their touchscreen calibration. Touch is working but the input is sent to the wrong monitor. When I kill dwm.exe, the calibration come back correctly.What can be causing this ? How...
  3. Touchscreen calibration fail randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchscreen calibration fail randomly: Hello,I have a problem on multiple machine with multiple touchscreen monitors. They keep losing their touchscreen calibration. Touch is working but the input is sent to the wrong monitor. When I kill dwm.exe, the calibration come back correctly.What can be causing this ? How...
  4. Windows 10 LTSC - Touchscreen Calibration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 LTSC - Touchscreen Calibration: I have a small PC running a Windows 10 LTSC license. I have a display connected to it that has touch capabilities that I would like to use. The touch screen is working, but is off and needs to be calibrated. How can the touch screen be calibrated? I do not have the same...
  5. Windows 10 LTSC - Touchscreen Calibration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 LTSC - Touchscreen Calibration: I have a small PC running a Windows 10 LTSC license. I have a display connected to it that has touch capabilities that I would like to use. The touch screen is working, but is off and needs to be calibrated. How can the touch screen be calibrated? I do not have the same...
  6. Samsung Laptop Touchscreen Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung Laptop Touchscreen Not working: Upgraded my Samsung Flex laptop to windows 11 now the touchscreen does not respond to finger movement however the S pen does work on the touchscreen. Called Samsung and they tried various solutions and determined that it was a windows 11 problem since the s pen works. Been...
  7. Touchscreen calibration issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchscreen calibration issues: I'm having issues with using the touch-screen on my new Surface Pro 7 - especially with a regular stylus pen (not a digital stylus like the Surface pen). I tried calibrating the touch-screen in the settings, but the setup is not running properly. When I click "calibrate", I...
  8. Windows update screws up YouTube TV

in Browsers and Email
    Windows update screws up YouTube TV: I installed this update and could no longer stream YouTube TV on my computer. YouTube said it had an error try later which I did still the same. I made an image before I did the update and using Macrium Reflect, installed that image and everything works fine. YouTube is...
  9. Windows update screws up YouTube TV

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update screws up YouTube TV: I installed this update and could no longer stream YouTube TV on my computer. YouTube said it had an error try later which I did still the same. I made an image before I did the update and using Macrium Reflect, installed that image and everything works fine. YouTube is...
  10. Windows update screws up YouTube TV

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation