Windows 10: Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones & Kies

Discus and support Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones & Kies in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since I recently did a fresh install of Win10 TP 64-bit, I also had to reinstall all the apps and drivers I previously had in place from the earlier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mark Phelps, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones & Kies

Since I recently did a fresh install of Win10 TP 64-bit, I also had to reinstall all the apps and drivers I previously had in place from the earlier "upgrade" I did. And, part of that was adding Samsung Kies to be able to connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 to the PC.

In the 32-bit upgrade, the phone connected both with and without Kies -- using the latest Samsung drivers (v1.5.49.0), which Kies installed automatically.

However, when I went to install the same drivers in Win10 TP 64-bit, the install failed and I couldn't tell why because the pop-up screen was in Korean! (my guess, since it looked like a set of Asian characters and Samsung is in Korea).

So, I downloaded Kies v3, ran the install on that, and got the same Korean(?) popup.

I searched for sometime for drivers, but the Samsung site is useless and the only version I could find elsewhere is v1.5.45.0 -- not the latest.

Anyone able to find the v49.0 64-bit drivers and have success installing them?

:)

Mark Phelps, Dec 20, 2014
  2. MT-1966 Win User

Can I transfer my existing Samsung Keys music library to a new laptop that has windows 10?

Thank you, Andre,

Unfortunately my laptop is so old I can't successfully connect my new phone to it. I can transfer the Samsung Kies to a USB stick & open the file on the old laptop via the USB file, but when I try to open the Kies file from the USB stick on the new laptop
    it saves as a shortcut and won't open.

Michelle

MT-1966, Dec 20, 2014
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    New Icon Appeared In Sys Tray

Is (or was) Samsung Kies installed?

Samsung Kies connects your mobile phone to your PC to synchronize data.

BulldogXX, Dec 20, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones & Kies

Try Wondershare MobileGo for Android;
    install the program, connect your devices, let the program find drivers, then keep using or uninstall the program if you wish.
    Your devices should connect always after that. *Smile

Edwin, Dec 20, 2014
  5. Actually, it appears that Kies DID install the drivers, after all. When I plugged in the Samsung GS5, it was recognized without running Kies. Still don't know what the Korean (?) error message was.

Mark Phelps, Dec 21, 2014
  6. Well I have just installed Kies v3 and smartswitch with latest drivers from site. NO JOY. Even spent 30 to 45 min on the samsung support site for them to tell me its windows problem...sounds familiar...anyone have any success with this yet.....its an old thread....

gargoyle62, Sep 4, 2015
  7. I recently tried to connect a Samsung Galaxy phone to my Windows 10 tablet. No joy at all. It seems the USB driver does not work under Windows 10. The phone isn't recognised by Kies either via cable or wirelessly. Plugging in the phone just makes the hardware connected sound endlessly. That gets surprisingly irritating after a while.

markweatherill, Sep 9, 2015
  8. Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones & Kies

I contacted Samsung techsupport and after a half hour.....was told no drivers exist....Why did it take 30 min?

gargoyle62, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones & Kies

1. Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones & Kies - Similar Threads - Samsung USB Driver

2. no samsung connected mobile phone in the device list.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no samsung connected mobile phone in the device list.: when I connect my samsung mobile phone to my W10 desktop PC I only see "MTP" device when looking to a device list. On my laptop it comes in the drive list and I can access the phone. I seem to miss drivers. What can I do? Windows uodates autonaticly...
  3. no samsung connected mobile phone in the device list.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no samsung connected mobile phone in the device list.: when I connect my samsung mobile phone to my W10 desktop PC I only see "MTP" device when looking to a device list. On my laptop it comes in the drive list and I can access the phone. I seem to miss drivers. What can I do? Windows uodates autonaticly...
  4. Samsung Kies Installer 2.0 is being bloked by windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung Kies Installer 2.0 is being bloked by windows: hi i need to install kies for my E1190 but windows block it for some reason how i fix this problem?? windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-kies-installer-20-is-being-bloked-by/bb204d64-409b-43ae-b88d-72bd4f8218ed
  5. Samsung Kies Installer 2.0 is being bloked by windows

Samsung Kies Installer 2.0 is being bloked by windows: hi i need to install kies for my E1190 but windows block it for some reason how i fix this problem?? windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-kies-installer-20-is-being-bloked-by/bb204d64-409b-43ae-b88d-72bd4f8218ed
  6. Samsung Kies can't install on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung Kies can't install on Windows 10.: I'm trying to install it, but I see this:In English:Failed to start the application, since its parallel configuration is incorrect. Additional information is contained in the application event log or use the sxstrace.exe command line program for more information.What's wrong?...
  7. Samsung Kies can't install on Windows 10.

Samsung Kies can't install on Windows 10.: I'm trying to install it, but I see this:In English:Failed to start the application, since its parallel configuration is incorrect. Additional information is contained in the application event log or use the sxstrace.exe command line program for more information.What's wrong?...
  8. samsung usb driver

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    samsung usb driver: Hello there, I want to install SAMSUNG usb driver in my windows laptop but couldnot install. installation blocke and shows this dilogbox. how do I unblock the publisher to install the latest Samsung driver in my laptop.[ATTACH]...
  9. Samsung KIES v Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Samsung KIES v Windows Defender: I tried to install Samsung KIES onto my laptop, but Windows Defender blocked it. How do I get around this, please? I need KIES for my Samsung Galaxy s2 mobile phone....
  10. mobile phone usb conecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mobile phone usb conecting: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mobile-phone-usb-conecting/29563adf-b59b-4b05-b41f-30f3a43a2868