Windows 10: Sandboxie with Chrome confusion.

Discus and support Sandboxie with Chrome confusion. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; First time user here of Sandboxie and I'm trying it out with Chrome. Under the view files and folders in the Sandboxie control there is a User... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kol12, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Kol12 Win User

Sandboxie with Chrome confusion.

First time user here of Sandboxie and I'm trying it out with Chrome. Under the view files and folders in the Sandboxie control there is a User files\Personal\AppData\Local, LocalLow and roaming folders. It looks like the Chrome userdata contents under Local are being written to the sandbox for the browsing session. The tutorial recommends clearing the sandbox after you have finished with it. That would mean all of Chrome's userdata cookies, current tabs, history etc would be deleted. Are you meant to recover this data to the original location before clearing the sandbox?

Sandboxie with Chrome confusion. [​IMG]

:)

Kol12, Nov 25, 2016
  2. John582n Win User
    John582n, Nov 25, 2016
  3. comerjoe Win User
    Sandboxie

Since changing to Microsoft 10, I am unable to use sandboxie. Any advice?

comerjoe, Nov 25, 2016
Thema:

Sandboxie with Chrome confusion.

1. Sandboxie with Chrome confusion. - Similar Threads - Sandboxie Chrome confusion

2. Sandboxie License Activation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie License Activation: I know this is a Windows 10 forum, but I was hoping someone could answer a Sandboxie question that's occurring on my WinXP machine. I have an old paid Sandboxie (version 5.06 32-bit), but it's worked for over a decade. I get the following message: [img] When I click...
  3. Sandboxie

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandboxie: Why is Sandboxie working so bad on Windows 10 pro 64 bit?? If you sandbox a site then try to do another site it takes forever for the 2nd site to appear. Usually I just delete the 1st site and create another for the 2nd sight. What a pain!!! 156676
  4. Chrome extension no longer works within Sandboxie

Chrome extension no longer works within Sandboxie: Just recently, one of my Chrome extensions fails silently within SB. It works OK outside SB. The extension is "Stylus", which has versions for Firefox, and almost every other browser. The extension adds a line of CSS to colour all visited links red (as in IE version...
  5. Sandboxie and Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sandboxie and Microsoft: To all users or potential users of Sandboxie - The current version does not allow a login to any Microsoft account. Attempt to do so will freeze the screen and need hitting the "X" button. The fixing of this problem seems very unlikely as Sandboxie is now going open...
  6. Sophos makes SANDBOXIE a FREEWARE!!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Sophos makes SANDBOXIE a FREEWARE!!: Good news people... Sophos has decided to make Sandboxie free again, and it will be eventually open-source! Click HERE for the homepage. Sophos is excited to announce that we are making Sandboxie a free tool, with plans to transition it to an open source tool. This new...
  7. Sandboxie and April 2018 Update

Sandboxie and April 2018 Update: After 4 days, all looks well between Sandboxie and the April update. Every program or function I run sandboxed, is working out good. No issue, no Sandboxie message. Just about everything I do in the computer, I do it sandboxed. If there was an issue, I would it seen it by...
  8. Win10 setup with Sandboxie

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win10 setup with Sandboxie: Hi, I am trying to use Sandboxie to install Win 10 64 bit on my Win 8.1 PC Well into the setup, Win10 asks for a Windows username and password. I do have want they ask for but when I type @ in the username, it is displayed as ". How can I progress past this? Pls...
  9. Sandboxie

Sandboxie: I am running sandboxie in Windows 7 pro 64-bit. There is no sandboxie that I can find for Windows 10 64-bit. Have no idea what to replace it with. Some sites for supposedly sandboxie type programs come with ready made viruses.*Sad 2889
  10. Sandboxie beta for windows 10

Sandboxie beta for windows 10: I'm thinking of trying it out. Has anyone else given it a go? If so, I'm interested in your impression. Is it stable? 20178