Windows 10: SanDisk unveils the worlds first 4TB SSD

Discus and support SanDisk unveils the worlds first 4TB SSD in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Source For those looking to increase your SSD size looks like your prayers are being answered. . .now where is my check book, or bank card. .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Lee, May 3, 2014.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User
  2. Paffman4 Win User

Stop Error

Came down to a running machine with a black screen, nothing on it.

Fed up now, I will get another SSD. There is one on offer at PC World. Sandisk 240GB - £77.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Paffman4, May 3, 2014
  3. how to stop booting from windows boot manager windows 10

No it boots normally and always has just as fast as an SSD would. But my issue is when i press F12 to look at my boot sequence it goes 1. Windows Boot Manager 2. SSD Sandisk Ultra 2 480gb 3. Toshiba HDD 1TB. And if i try to manually boot into my SSD or
    put my SSD as first in sequence it takes a while to boot when it first in sequence and when i manually boot it it doesnt boot properly. It always has to boot from the windows boot manager. Is that normal? Normally in the boot sequence it would be 1. Sandisk
    SSD 2. Toshiba HDD. I just dont understand why i have a windows boot manager.

brandoncullen, May 3, 2014
  4. SanDisk unveils the worlds first 4TB SSD

Cool, but I'll still take a mechanical HDD over an SSD any day.

LovingWindows, May 5, 2014
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Why. . .

6. 1. My current HDD is pretty fast as is.
    2. More storage space.
    3. Longer life span (I still have a Maxtor HDD from 20 years ago that still runs like brand new)
    4. Cheaper price
    5. More easy to replace due to the cheaper price
    6. I can purchase more HDD at one time and link them all up if needed.

LovingWindows, May 6, 2014
  7. Rickkins Win User
    @4TB, if they start to mass produce these suckers it otta bring down the price, pushing more folks to buy them....

At least, one could hope.

Rickkins, May 8, 2014
  8. SanDisk unveils the worlds first 4TB SSD

Longer life span is debatable, IMHO. SSD's will tolerate knocks and bumps a lot better than a spinner will. A definite advantage in a laptop or tablet that gets moved around. Also current SSD's last a lot longer than the earlier versions, and its only getting better.

Have you used an SSD? The speed difference is phenomenal to say the least. The extra cost is well worth it, IMHO.

Other advantages include lower power drain and lower heat produced. Also a big advantage in a tablet or laptop.

alphanumeric, May 9, 2014
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Some truly excellent points. . .*Wink

10. strollin Win User
    Some other advantages, no need to defrag. Silent, no mechanical noise or vibration.

strollin, May 9, 2014
  11. They are a win win in laptop or tablet. Less weight, less heat, extended battery life. And incredibly fast, especially when compared to a 5400 RPM laptop drive. I have two in my laptop and I'm working on getting one for my main desktop PC. Not a 4 TB mind you, likely a 128 GB or 256 GB. If there is a sale when I actually have the money I may get lucky. I'm on a tight budget so I'll just have to wait and see what's out there when the time comes.

12. LittleJay Win User
    I have been running SSD's in both my desktop and laptop for the past 3 years and use spinners only for data storage. To run the OS on a spinner now would drive me crazy for all the reasons mentioned above.

LittleJay, May 9, 2014
  13. SanDisk unveils the worlds first 4TB SSD

I never mounted an SSD internally. But I did try one in a USB 3 Docking station. The sequential read/write benchmarks were only 10 or 15% faster than WD Black Sata III 640 GB. But the random benchmarks were nearly as fast as the sequential. This made it killer for video muxing right in the dock. I had an MP4 converter that only processed the audio and remuxed to output .mp4 files.

The program was portable. I had the program folder, temp, source, and destination folders all on the SSD. Also the MP4 program was multi-threaded. If I loaded it up with a few files I could just watch the progressbar slide across. It was fun to do those jobs. *Smile

MilesAhead, May 9, 2014
  14. Yeah, the spinner that's in my desktop PC now will end up being the Data drive. Windows will be installed to the SSD.

My laptop has dual drive bays so I put a 128 GB SSD in it for the OS and a 256 GB SSD in for Data. At the time a 500 GB SSD wasn't in the budget and the two I did buy were on sale. I've been tempted a few times to take the 256 GB SSD out of my laptop and put it in my desktop. So far I've resisted the temptation. The 750 GB spinner that was in my laptop went into an external USB 3 enclosure for backup.

15. LittleJay Win User
    If the prices of SSD's per gigabyte of storage ever come down to the same level as that of spinners, I would use SSD's exclusively. But I'm not holding my breath waiting! *Biggrin

LittleJay, May 10, 2014
Thema:

SanDisk unveils the worlds first 4TB SSD

1. SanDisk unveils the worlds first 4TB SSD - Similar Threads - SanDisk unveils worlds

2. Unveiling Copilot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unveiling Copilot: At its Surface event on Thursday, September 21st, Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft announced Copilot, which it describes as an everyday AI companion.Copilot will be available across Microsoft 365, which includes apps like Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, Bing, Edge...
  3. Bluetooth AirPods (first world problems)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth AirPods (first world problems): Hi, I use Apple AirPods between my desktop, laptop and mobile. Due to recent times and increases in video conferencing I'm now frequently switching between each audio source. . Sometimes I can't remember which one I am currently connected to. Before each call/video I have...
  4. Qualcomm and Lenovo unveil first 5G PC powered by Snapdragon

in Windows 10 News
    Qualcomm and Lenovo unveil first 5G PC powered by Snapdragon: [ATTACH] The world's first announced 5G PC* was revealed at Computex Taipei 2019, marking the inception of a new era in computing. Qualcomm Technologies, a leader in 5G, and Lenovo, a world leader in PCs, joined forces on this breakthrough 5G PC. Named Project Limitless,...
  5. Lenovo Unveils Preview of World's First Foldable PC in ThinkPad X1

in Windows 10 News
    Lenovo Unveils Preview of World's First Foldable PC in ThinkPad X1: From never-before-seen form factors to new user experiences, Lenovo’s innovation history is laden with firsts that have continued to define and re-imagine smart, personalized computing. Today, another breakthrough is on the horizon. [img] At Accelerate, we’re unveiling a...
  6. AMD Unveils Radeon VII, the First 7nm Gaming GPU

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Unveils Radeon VII, the First 7nm Gaming GPU: uilkteCmqTI AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today unveiled AMD Radeon™ VII, the world’s first 7nm gaming graphics card. It was designed to deliver exceptional performance and amazing experiences for the latest AAA, esports and Virtual Reality (VR) titles, demanding 3D rendering and video...
  7. NVIDIA Unveils Quadro RTX, World's First Ray-Tracing GPU

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Unveils Quadro RTX, World's First Ray-Tracing GPU: NVIDIA today announced its first Turing™ architecture-based GPUs, revolutionizing the work of 50 million designers and artists by enabling them to render photorealistic scenes in real time, add new AI-based capabilities to their workflows, and enjoy fluid interactivity with...
  8. World of Warcraft Expansion Unveiling at Gamescom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    World of Warcraft Expansion Unveiling at Gamescom: Live on youtube. e1WIEl4hRvA 13410
  9. Affordable 4TB SSD's on the way soon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Affordable 4TB SSD's on the way soon: Hi there. While 500 USD isn't possibly truly "Affordable" for a lot of people it does show that high capacity SSD's are within the price reach of a lot of people now. Mushkin shows off a 4TB SSD with estimated price of US$500 - Storage - News - HEXUS.net These should...
  10. CES 2017: Kingston unveils 'world's highest capacity USB flash drive'

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2017: Kingston unveils 'world's highest capacity USB flash drive': Kingston's new DataTraveler Ultimate GT comes in 1TB and 2TB configurations. [img] Imagine being able to carry a whopping 70 hours of 4K video in your pocket. Kingston makes this a reality. The new DataTraveler Ultimate GT -- the GT stands for Generation Terabyte...