Windows 10: Sanity check on ESD to ISO - 10041

Discus and support Sanity check on ESD to ISO - 10041 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Looking for another set of eyes to verify/sanity check the data on the ISO I created from the 10041 ESD. I may do clean install this weekend. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Sanity check on ESD to ISO - 10041

Looking for another set of eyes to verify/sanity check the data on the ISO I created from the 10041 ESD.

I may do clean install this weekend. How does this compare with what you may have? Many thanks. Dick... *Cool

Sanity check on ESD to ISO - 10041 [​IMG]

:)

f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2015

2. Will I be able to download and burn an iso Windows 10?

That information is not yet set in stone but if you upgrade on one machine future upgrades can use the other computer on your local network for the upgrade files. You can also use the "ESD" file that upgraded the first machine to make an ISO for the others
    this way

(procedure should be the same when win 10 is relaesed)

How to create a Windows 10 ISO file using an ESD image • Pureinfotech

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 19, 2015
  3. How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Other Versions of Windows, macOS and Linux

Well, I just did the same thing as you using an .ISO converted from the .ESD file for build 10041 and I was presented with the custom install screen which let me choose a partition.

Its possible the .ISO is corrupt, try downloading the .ISO directly from the Windows Insider Page and see if that works:

Download: Windows 10 10041 English: x86 |
    x64 |
    More versions

Andre Da Costa, Mar 19, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Looks proper! *Smile

Edwin, Mar 19, 2015
  5. Dude Win User
    Like Edwin said, it looks good. I just did it and it is better than the upgrade install.

6. Edwin New Member
    It is better than an upgrade. I did the upgrade first, now I've got an unnecessary Recovery Partition that I can't get rid of until I wipe everything again!

Edwin, Mar 19, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
  8. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Mar 19, 2015
  9. Dude Win User
  10. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Mar 19, 2015
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    Last quick question before the plunge.... when you clean install, and the question comes up to keep this machine or create a new one, which is best?

f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2015
  12. Edwin New Member
    Create a new one unless there was some settings on another one that you really liked.
    You can delete old 'machines' online if you're running out of online space.

Edwin, Mar 19, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

@ f14tomcat :

Take your time and click, right click, double click, everywhere. I saw a few new things I didn't expect a little while ago. I shot a vid of all of it; I'm gonna go over it now.

Edwin, Mar 19, 2015
  14. That's odd -- because I did an upgrade as well, and did not end up with any extra partitions.

Mark Phelps, Mar 20, 2015
  15. Roger Win User
    I've been down that same road and that app from Aomei was the only one I could find that would remove that recovery partition. When I got it, it was a freebie and it blew away that partition like it never existed.
    A handy app to have around!

Roger, Mar 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Sanity check on ESD to ISO - 10041 - Similar Threads - Sanity check ESD

2. check if i have ESD file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    check if i have ESD file: My computer is usually slow so I use Disk Cleanup frequently, when it shows me some box list, I just tick all of them. I recently read that i should not delete some file and one of that is ESD file. I do not remember if I delete that file or not and i do not see it in my Disk...
  3. check if i have ESD file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    check if i have ESD file: My computer is usually slow so I use Disk Cleanup frequently, when it shows me some box list, I just tick all of them. I recently read that i should not delete some file and one of that is ESD file. I do not remember if I delete that file or not and i do not see it in my Disk...
  4. check if i have ESD file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ESD or ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ESD or ISO: Hey there! What is difference between esd and iso file? Should I update my windows 10 through esd file or iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-or-iso/5068853b-102f-40f2-aa2e-48fd3cd633be
  6. Iso, esd or wim?

in Windows 10 Support
    Iso, esd or wim?: Wish to correct a Source files missing problem, so need to download an ISO. Installed is W10 1511 version 10586.164 Pro.....how can I tell whether it is ESD or WIM? I know that downloads are as following.....M$ Media is ESD and TechNet is WIM. 44127
  7. Install Build 10041 ISO Failed

Install Build 10041 ISO Failed: I just downloaded the iso for build 10014, created an USB for it and then ran it to go from 9926 to 10014. I ran until nearly the end and then produced the screen below. Has anyone seen this sort of thing and what to I need to do to correct it? Thank you very much. 4934
  8. Iso for build 10041

Iso for build 10041: I would like to know where to download the iso for build 10041 if it is available. Thanks. 5003
  9. Build 10159 X86 ISO or ESD Available?

Build 10159 X86 ISO or ESD Available?: Anyone know if an ISO or ESD for 10159 x86 has been created or made available. Have been attempting an upgrade through Windows Update on v. 10158 for 2 days and it will not download properly. Want to download and upgrade via USB on a Dell Venue 8 Pro. Thanks. 7667
  10. ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File: How to: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File [img] Warning As Microsoft has changed the upgrade method from ESD based upgrade to a UUP based, the method told in this tutorial does not work anymore with 15xxx and later builds. Please see UUP to ISO...