Windows 10: SATA AHCI Controller Issues/Samsuing 850 EVO SSD

Discus and support SATA AHCI Controller Issues/Samsuing 850 EVO SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Message deleted will repost under a more appropriate title. 33779 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SoFine409, Dec 13, 2015.

1. SoFine409 Win User

SATA AHCI Controller Issues/Samsuing 850 EVO SSD

Message deleted will repost under a more appropriate title.

:)

SoFine409, Dec 13, 2015

2. Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

I have the same problem (Windows 10, up to date; Desktop System Intel 6700k; SSD 850 EVO 2TB; 32GB RAM; GTX 1080; Driver storahci.sys; Standard SATA AHCI Controller).

Today this problem appears the first time.

Markus Hagn, Dec 13, 2015
  3. Can't install AMD AHCI Drivers

Hello,

It seems that the standard microsoft AHCI drivers are not very compatible with my SSD(Samsung 850 EVO) and motherboard(Asus M4A79XTD EVO), this setup creates system frezees when accessing files and programs on the SSD and sometimes bluescreens(DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    (storahci.sys) ).

I have tried installing the latest drivers for my amd chipset and it haven't helped, it seems like windows ignores the installation and keeps running on the old driver. Looking in Device Manager under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" it still says "Standard SATA
    AHCI Controller" after installation and restart.

Viktor Pöntinen, Dec 13, 2015
Thema:

SATA AHCI Controller Issues/Samsuing 850 EVO SSD

1. SATA AHCI Controller Issues/Samsuing 850 EVO SSD - Similar Threads - SATA AHCI Controller

2. SATA AHCI controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SATA AHCI controller: Lately I have been using an older hp 15 laptop I have as my newer laptop is having some keyboard issues. My older laptop has plenty of issues on its own, not being able to update and stuff. Working on those issues myself, but opening task manager I notice cpu and disk are...
  3. Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?

Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?: I'm having lots of BSODs and the forum member who is assisting me (Lots of IRQ_Less... and KERNEL_SECURITY... BSODs on 2 month old build - Windows 10 Forums) picked up lots of retry messages from the Beta Collector that I uploaded for my Samsung 850 EVO SSD. Are all these...
  4. Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance

Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance: I recently bought a Samsung SSD 850 Evo which i cannected to my MS Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10 Pro using a Type C usb Sabrent Cablrle. After formatting the drive i tried to invoke Rapid Mode but failed. The Magician software does not allow me to do so. I have downgraded...
  5. Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Hello! If this has been answered before, please point me to the appropriate thread. Last night we were checking old hardware in our Service Department long abandoned from our customers (more than 8 months). Among them there was a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 2.5" SATA. I...
  6. Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems

Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems: Hi, I run the Samsung Magician, and in its System Information, stated AHCI Mode is Deactivated and SATA Interface is unable to be detected. How to resolve this, please help? Thank you guys! [img] 74257
  7. Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?

Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?: Hello. My SSD: Ssd Samsung Evo 850 250 GB, motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI, So i want to write about my issues with Windows 10 just before format, when i was on MBR partition. I want to be sure that my SSD is fine or not. So listen. Windows 10 get somehow...
  8. Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung SSD 850 EVO: [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the...
  9. Windows 10 and Samsung 850 EVO SSD performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 and Samsung 850 EVO SSD performance issues: I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and am getting extremely slow performance from my Samsung 850 Evo SSD. Running Samsung magician to test my benchmark performance, I am getting: Random read/write (IOPS) of 16483/17594 respectively Seq Read/Write (MB/s) of 245/462...
  10. Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB: I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB and while I had been using it on my laptop with Windows 7 everything had been running ok even the Rapid mode, but when I updated to Windows 10, I am getting this error : Rapid mode is in inactive state due to system internal errors. Please...