Windows 10: Sata ssd

Discus and support Sata ssd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What is the difference between SATAI,II,and III? I want to buy one from EBay. Its a Seagate SATA I for only $11.00 160gb don't need much more than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cmmpro1, Jan 20, 2018.

1. cmmpro1 Win User

Sata ssd

What is the difference between SATAI,II,and III? I want to buy one from EBay. Its a Seagate SATA I for only $11.00 160gb don't need much more than that. Just enough to hold small docs and for surfing.

:)

cmmpro1, Jan 20, 2018
  2. slance310 Win User

windows will not boot. need help please!

Hi,

In the BIOS is the SATA connections set as SATA or IDE... Need to be SATA, and AHCI for most SSDs to work properly...

I had a similar problem with my 1st SSD...

slance310, Jan 20, 2018
  3. Altexxx Win User
    SSD samsung 850 pro (512Gb) freezes randomly with storahci error - "Event ID 129 – storachi – Reset to device, DeviceRaidPort0, was issued"

I double checked my BIOS configuration and i have the following

1) SSD Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) is connected to port1 (sata-3) of the Intel chipset SATA Controller

2) SSD OCZ Vector-180 (480GB) is connected to port2 (sata-3) of the Intel chipset SATA Controller

3) BDRW Pioneer BDR-207 is connected to port4 (sata-2) of the Intel chipset SATA Controller

4) HDD WesternDigital WDC WD4003FZEX-00Z4SA0 (4Tb)

is connected to port1 (sata-3) of the Asmedia SATA Controller

So i'm 100% sure that all of two of my SSD including Samsung 850 Pro are connected to Intel Chipset Sata Controller to the sata-3 ports.

I'll try to install Asmedia SATA Controller Driver from the Asus Rampage V and let you know if problem presist.

Altexxx, Jan 20, 2018
  4. cmmpro1 Win User

Sata ssd

This is the SSD I want to buy for the Lenovo N22 Thinkpad. Will this work?
    Seagate Pipeline HD ST3160316CS 160GB 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Desktop Hard Drive features innovative perpendicular recording technology. Seagate Pipeline HD Series hard drives deliver superb performance, efficiency, speed and durability for all your application needs.

Key Features and Benefits
    Designed for 24×7 operational profile to meet the always-on devices
    Industry-leading reliability
    SATA 3Gb/s interface
    Perpendicular recording technology for maximum drive capacity and reliability
    8-MB cache buffer
    Ultra-fast performance
    Superb reliability
    Whisper-quiet operation
    Enhanced G-Force Protection against handling damage
    78 MB/s maximum sustained data transfer rate
    Clean Sweep calibration and Directed Offline scan diagnostics
    RoHS (restriction of hazardous substances) compliant
    Applications
    Mainstream PCs
    Performance PCs
    Gaming PCs
    Workstations
    Desktop RAID
    DVR
    Media Center
    Personal external storage devices
    Specification:
    Manufacturer
    Seagate
    Manufacturer Part #
    ST3160316CS
    Data Storage
    Formatted Capacity
    160GB
    Data Transfer Rate
    To/From Media
    300 MBps
    Buffer
    8 MB
    Seek Time
    Average
    8.9 ms
    Rotational Speed
    5900 RPM
    Interface
    SATA 3.0Gb/s
    Dimensions
    (H x W x D)
    Unit
    4 in x 5.8 in x 1 in
    Weight
    Unit
    1.3 lbs
    Warranty
    1 Year Warranty
    Includes in the Box
    Sealed Bulk Pack

cmmpro1, Jan 20, 2018
  5. You said you wanted an SSD. But the drive you reference is not an SSD. It's a conventional disk drive.

It's not even the 2.5" small size drive meant for laptops. This is a 3.5" drive for desktop PCs.
    Neither will fit inside this little netbook.

margrave55, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sata ssd

1. Sata ssd - Similar Threads - Sata ssd

2. Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...: I currently have a 256gb sata ssd with windows 11 pro boost drive, 1tb hdd with files that i can put in a usb and a m.2 ssd with games. I currently have a new motherboard coming and it says it has windows 10 on the motherboard description and i was wondering if me putting my...
  3. Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...: I currently have a 256gb sata ssd with windows 11 pro boost drive, 1tb hdd with files that i can put in a usb and a m.2 ssd with games. I currently have a new motherboard coming and it says it has windows 10 on the motherboard description and i was wondering if me putting my...
  4. a friend put in an ssd with no sata and now pc turns on but no display or bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a friend put in an ssd with no sata and now pc turns on but no display or bios: things tried reseating gpu, removing cmos, unplugging displays, removing 2 ram sticks, removing the drive without a sata, plugging in drive with a satahe plans on trying to use a flash drive with windows on it although i dont think it'll fix the issue...
  5. a friend put in an ssd with no sata and now pc turns on but no display or bios

a friend put in an ssd with no sata and now pc turns on but no display or bios: things tried reseating gpu, removing cmos, unplugging displays, removing 2 ram sticks, removing the drive without a sata, plugging in drive with a satahe plans on trying to use a flash drive with windows on it although i dont think it'll fix the issue...
  6. SATA SSD not bootable via usb, cloning did not work either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD not bootable via usb, cloning did not work either: My laptop was a Dell Inspiron N5110 from 2011, it was old but did what i needed it to do. To bandaid it over the years i removed the old hard drive and installed a 512 GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD SATA connection with Windows 10 which was leaps and bounds faster. After years of...
  7. SATA SSD not bootable via usb, cloning did not work either

SATA SSD not bootable via usb, cloning did not work either: My laptop was a Dell Inspiron N5110 from 2011, it was old but did what i needed it to do. To bandaid it over the years i removed the old hard drive and installed a 512 GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD SATA connection with Windows 10 which was leaps and bounds faster. After years of...
  8. SATA SSD not bootable via usb, cloning did not work either

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 11 - second SSD SATA suddenly stops beinf recognized by windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - second SSD SATA suddenly stops beinf recognized by windows.: My second SSD SATA has stopped being detected by windows.It is still detected by BIOS but not windows.How can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-second-ssd-sata-suddenly-stops-beinf/fa632446-2f2e-402b-8cc3-a4766d7a3416
  10. Windows 11 - second SSD SATA suddenly stops beinf recognized by windows.

Windows 11 - second SSD SATA suddenly stops beinf recognized by windows.: My second SSD SATA has stopped being detected by windows.It is still detected by BIOS but not windows.How can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-second-ssd-sata-suddenly-stops-beinf/fa632446-2f2e-402b-8cc3-a4766d7a3416

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do 1tb sata and 256mb ssd work together