Windows 10: Save a collection of open windows

Discus and support Save a collection of open windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I work on a couple of projects that last several months each. When I work on a project there'll be a couple project views, plus several reference pages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hiughwire, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Hiughwire Win User

Save a collection of open windows

I work on a couple of projects that last several months each. When I work on a project there'll be a couple project views, plus several reference pages open. I work 3-4 hours at a stretch, then save the work and go on to other things. Coming back to the project, I'd like for the last collection of open windows to appear, instead of finding and clicking on a bunch of URLs. The Libraries and Quick Access list are candidates for this, do you have suggestions on setting this up? Help will be much appreciated.

:)

Hiughwire, Jul 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 Photo app

How do I save a picture from the Windows 10 photo app?

I've downloaded a picture and opened it without any problems, but how can I save it?

It's now part of my "collection", I found "settings", now what?

How can I save the image to a drive of my choosing?

LisaBoothCda, Jul 24, 2016
  3. Largesse Win User
    I cannot open microsoft solitaire collection.

I cannot open microsoft solitaire collection. It states "importing previous save game data. Please wait. Step 1 of 9. " Can anyone help please?

Largesse, Jul 24, 2016
  4. Phone Man Win User

Phone Man, Jul 24, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    For Explorer you could set "Open previous folders at login" in Folder Options.

Edwin, Jul 24, 2016
  6. Hiughwire Win User
    Thanks for the info - your suggestions are exactly what I was looking for. Dynamite! I am getting warm feelings toward Win10.

Hiughwire, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Save a collection of open windows - Similar Threads - Save collection open

2. Open, not Save As

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open, not Save As: I can't open statements from my bank's website. When I click on link to open, another tab opens but it is blank, at the same time the Save As box pops up. What is going on?...
  3. Microsoft Solitaire Collection will not open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection will not open: When I click on Microsoft Solitaire Collection, it will appear on the screen for a second, but will not open and allow me to play. Please help....
  4. soiltare collection won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    soiltare collection won't open: soilitare collection won't open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/soiltare-collection-wont-open/15583e64-b1b1-467b-a569-f18eadc5780c
  5. Solitaire Collection cloud save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solitaire Collection cloud save: Very recently, the Microsoft Solitaire collection app on Windows 10 has changed some of the internal file structure used to store user settings and statistics. The biggest change was that statistics no longer seem to be saved in...
  6. Open/Save/Save As problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open/Save/Save As problem: Since the end of June, it appears that no program (MS or 3rd party) will Open, Save, or Save As files. Other file functions such as Export are still working - at least for now....
  7. "Save" opens "Save As" window

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Save" opens "Save As" window: Hi there, I'm working on a new Windows 10 PC and it has a very annoying quirk that I would like to turn off if at all possible: When I choose the "Save" option in any app it doesn't just save the file over the last version as it used to. Instead the "Save As" window opens up...
  8. Microsoft Solitaire Collection saved data not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection saved data not loading: I have two computers that I play on. Both computers load my profile, and show my statistics as being the same, same number of deals, scores, cumulative scores. However, on one computer, if I open Klondike, my cumulative score is much lower than the other computer. It won't...
  9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection saved data not loading

Microsoft Solitaire Collection saved data not loading: I have two computers that I play on. Both computers load my profile, and show my statistics as being the same, same number of deals, scores, cumulative scores. However, on one computer, if I open Klondike, my cumulative score is much lower than the other computer. It won't...
  10. Save / Save As / Open Dialog Crashing

Save / Save As / Open Dialog Crashing: I tried to do a search but it didn't come up with much. Have you guys seen an issue where the Save/SaveAs/Open dialogs don't open and instead the app crashes? I've seen it in Notepad, Paint and Word. If I kill all explorer.exe processes, and then launch for example Notepad...