Windows 10: "Save a Theme"

Discus and support "Save a Theme" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just had an error with title "Save a Theme" and message "Windows can't find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolynV39Watson, Jul 6, 2018.

1. "Save a Theme"

I have just had an error with title "Save a Theme" and message "Windows can't find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the theme?" appear, during normal use of Windows 10. I have never tried to save a theme, and did not have any settings windows open at the time. What might have caused this? Is there anything to do if it becomes a recurring error?

:)

CarolynV39Watson, Jul 6, 2018

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 6, 2018
  3. windows 10 how do I save a custom theme AND how do I delete a theme

Hi,

To assist you better about your issue in renaming a rheme, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Go to all settings.
    • Click personalization.
    • Click themes and go to theme settings.
    • Go to Desktop Background.
    • Rename your theme.

In deleting your save theme, you can go to your desktop and remove it. But you cannot delete the default theme.

Feel free to post back your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 6, 2018
  4. "Save a Theme"

Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

"Save a Theme"

1. "Save a Theme" - Similar Threads - Save Theme

2. How do I save a theme with a different wallpaper for my second monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I save a theme with a different wallpaper for my second monitor?: I've entered the settings, set a different wallpaper for my second monitor, and saved it as a theme. When I change to a different theme and change back, the second monitor doesn't update.I checked the theme file and it does reference both images, so I'm not sure why the...
  3. How do I save a theme with a different wallpaper for my second monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I save a theme with a different wallpaper for my second monitor?: I've entered the settings, set a different wallpaper for my second monitor, and saved it as a theme. When I change to a different theme and change back, the second monitor doesn't update.I checked the theme file and it does reference both images, so I'm not sure why the...
  4. Cannot get/save new theme

Cannot get/save new theme: I do not see "Change Theme" command in Windows 11. I've tried to add new themes several times. ----- These commands do not work. ------Click Start > Settings > Personalization > Themes. Under "Change theme", click the tile to switch to the theme you'd like to use. Note: You...
  5. Cannot get/save new theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get/save new theme: I do not see "Change Theme" command in Windows 11. I've tried to add new themes several times. ----- These commands do not work. ------Click Start > Settings > Personalization > Themes. Under "Change theme", click the tile to switch to the theme you'd like to use. Note: You...
  6. Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd

Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd: I go to pesonalize > make changes to color, background etc. to an existing "custom theme" > hit "Save Theme" button > "Save your theme" and "name your theme" appears with space and text cursor blinking, so far so good, BUT.... when I try to type the name > nothing happens !!!...
  7. Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd: I go to pesonalize > make changes to color, background etc. to an existing "custom theme" > hit "Save Theme" button > "Save your theme" and "name your theme" appears with space and text cursor blinking, so far so good, BUT.... when I try to type the name > nothing happens !!!...
  8. Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to save certain image for certain theme?

How to save certain image for certain theme?: Suppose I have created two custom themes: Theme1 and Theme2. And also I have two images: Img1 and Img2. Now I want to set Img1 as a lock screen wallpaper for Theme1 and Img2 for Theme2. How can I do that? Is it real to do so?...
  10. How to save certain image for certain theme?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to save certain image for certain theme?: Suppose I have created two custom themes: Theme1 and Theme2. And also I have two images: Img1 and Img2. Now I want to set Img1 as a lock screen wallpaper for Theme1 and Img2 for Theme2. How can I do that? Is it real to do so?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. save a theme error

2. save a theme

3. save a theme popup

4. windows save a theme popup