Windows 10: Save-As dialogue box freezes

Discus and support Save-As dialogue box freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 version 1511 (OS Build 10586.753). I'm facing a problem in the "Save as" dialog box. It freezes for 15-20 seconds in every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by archz2, Feb 12, 2017.

1. archz2 Win User

Save-As dialogue box freezes

I am using Windows 10 version 1511 (OS Build 10586.753). I'm facing a problem in the "Save as" dialog box. It freezes for 15-20 seconds in every software, be it Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft word, photoshop, etc.What must I do to resolve this issue?

:)

archz2, Feb 12, 2017

2. Save-as Dialogue box not showing! PERIOD!

Funny thing actually, you're a little late because I've been sitting here for the past 4 hours trying to repair my damaged PC. It's system files and even boot files seem to be corrupted Beyond repair

Saphire Systrine, Feb 12, 2017
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Save-as Dialogue box not showing! PERIOD!

Hello Saphire,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify the cause of the issue. Were they downloaded on the official website?

If it is happening to all programs, it is possible that the system files got corrupted. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you run the
    System File Checker and Deployment Image Servicing and Management
    to scan and fix corrupted system files. You can refer to this
    Forum Article created by
    ZigZag3143 regarding SFC and DISM.

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 12, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

When you open a 'Save as..' window from any app you are actually calling Explorer.exe with some custom parameters, the same executable that when run without any parameters gives you File Explorer. A freeze suggests that a folder or device in the view it opens to is not immediately accessible and takes a while to confirm that it's there.

Do you have any mapped network drives, for example? Or an external drive that may need to spin up before it can be seen? Exactly what causes your delay depends on how your system is configured. Does File Explorer freeze in a similar way? If so, find the folder/device that causes the delay there and it should fix it for 'Save as..' too.

5. archz2 Win User
    No, I don't have any mapped drives. My pc is all alone. File Explorer works flawlessly. Its just the save as dialogue box which is causing trouble.

archz2, Feb 12, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    This problem has been around far longer than Windows 10. It often involves a previously network connection that's no longer available. It can be difficult to track down because (obviously) you won't see a mapping that Windows tries (and fails) to find. It could even be down to Onedrive not being signed in.

"Save As" and "Open" file dialog windows very slow to appear...

7. archz2 Win User
    I'll check out the link soon. Just to be more clear. I've never mapped my PC or networked it anywhere. It's been all alone since 2006.

archz2, Feb 12, 2017
  8. archz2 Win User

I tried this as explained on this web page
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...tpronetworking

sc config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
    sc config mrxsmb20 start= disabled

It hasn't helped me yet.

Changing the name of the PC doesn't help either, neither changing the name of the workgroup.

archz2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Save-As dialogue box freezes - Similar Threads - Save dialogue box

2. freezing dialogue boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezing dialogue boxes: When I copy files from one drive to another, the progress dialogue box comes up but on reaching 100% it does not close down. It remains frozen on the screen. Only a restart of Windows gets rid of it. What is the problem? How do I stop the dialogue from freezing? How do I...
  3. freezing dialogue boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    freezing dialogue boxes: When I copy files from one drive to another, the progress dialogue box comes up but on reaching 100% it does not close down. It remains frozen on the screen. Only a restart of Windows gets rid of it. What is the problem? How do I stop the dialogue from freezing? How do I...
  4. Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.: I continue to find myself unable to save files, as the Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for a small selection of software.I do not know the exact time and cause of the error, but the only thing I could suggest, is that this resulted from an unexpected system shutdown...
  5. Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.: I continue to find myself unable to save files, as the Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for a small selection of software.I do not know the exact time and cause of the error, but the only thing I could suggest, is that this resulted from an unexpected system shutdown...
  6. Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Oversized dialogue boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Oversized dialogue boxes: I have a program for embroidery called Generations. It worked fine on my old laptop Windows 10 but the dialogue boxes are too big on my new laptop and I can't reach any controls like OK. How can I reduce the size of these dialogue boxes? [ATTACH]...
  8. save print output as dialogue box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    save print output as dialogue box: Printing emails to pdf's using "microsoft print to pdf" as the printer the next dialogue box after clicking print is "save printout output as" I used to see to be able to select which folder to save to with ability to see other pdf files in the folder. Now I can only...
  9. Save As Dialogue Box is NOT RESPONDING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Dialogue Box is NOT RESPONDING: Whenever I try to save a file from whatsapp app or try to upload any type of documents on Chrome, the dialogue box opens and shows not responding error every time. I didnt have any idea regarding this issue. I tried to restart, shut down and searched internet for this issue,...
  10. Dialogue Box Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dialogue Box Issue: I am trying to download an update for a game on Origin, but no dialogue box is popping up to ask for permission to download the content so Origin can't update the game. How do I fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. save as dialog freeze