Windows 10: "Save As" Feature in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support "Save As" Feature in Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It blows my mind (small explosion, I admit) that Microsoft Edge didn't come with a "Save As" feature when downloading something from the internet... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mreid72, Nov 30, 2015.

1. mreid72 Win User

"Save As" Feature in Microsoft Edge

It blows my mind (small explosion, I admit) that Microsoft Edge didn't come with a "Save As" feature when downloading something from the internet allowing us to change the name of the file as well as the location in which it is being saved. And I was hoping that with updates it would be added. However, I still don't see the feature, even after this November update.

Does anyone know if this will ever be added? I have been using Edge since it came out, but if this kind of boneheadedness continues, I will be switching back to IE.

:)

mreid72, Nov 30, 2015

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Nov 30, 2015
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Nov 30, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

I agree it is a backward step - I loved the ability to change the filename and the location where I wanted to store it. I'm hoping this will get fixed but in the meantime if you only want to change the location away from the default there is a tutorial showing you how to do this with a small registry change:

How to Change Default Downloads Folder in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

philc43, Dec 1, 2015
  5. mreid72 Win User
    Thanks, but that link doesn't work.

mreid72, Dec 1, 2015
  6. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Dec 1, 2015
  7. mreid72 Win User
    mreid72, Dec 1, 2015
  8. philc43 Win User

Yes that is correct, I shared this simply in case you had a preferred alternative location that you regularly used.

philc43, Dec 1, 2015
  9. mreid72 Win User
    Thanks. *Smile

mreid72, Dec 1, 2015
  10. Tony K Win User
    Hi there. Edge is a Modern WinRT Store app that will never work like the legacy Win32 browser or app. They are quite different in that they use virtual printers to save content.

Within an Edge page press Ctrl/P or press the 3 dots menu and choose print. A dialogue box opens so to choose a printer. There should be 2 virtual printers showing > XPS or PDF.

"Save As" Feature in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

I've chosen XPS.

Press Print and a save as/to will appear.

You can then manipulate data in other programs/apps. Hope that helps.

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Save As" Feature in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Save Feature Microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge Comment and clip feature

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge Comment and clip feature: Windows 10 and Edge just downloaded from my Microsoft 365 subscription. Question 1: I am using the "Add Notes" feature in a PDF document. However, only the pen, highlighter, eraser, and touch writing tools display. Looking at...
  3. manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft edge: Plz help for manage-view-saved-passwords-Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft-edge/990bd62b-b81e-4bab-b9aa-88a42ab6d38c"
  4. Offer To Save Password - Missing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Offer To Save Password - Missing in Microsoft Edge: Running Windows 10 Pro, on a Dell XPS machine. When I went to Settings > Privacy & Services > to click on the "Offer To Save Password", is NOT there any more for Microsoft Edge?*Eek Screenshot: ImageBam [ATTACH] 123783
  5. Microsoft Edge won't save passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge won't save passwords: Hi, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge. It won't save my passwords on sites, nor it will ask me to save passwords on sites. I have quite a few that were save previously with Windows 7, but obviously, not all of them have transferred to Windows 10. I have been to Settings,...
  6. Saving Passwords - Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Passwords - Edge: Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi 103215
  7. How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?: How to save and view the website in the Favorites inMicrosoft Edge? 21215
  8. Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge: Wow, I wish that feature was incorporated in the Threshold 2 update but it looks like the download save prompt for MS Edge will be included in the Anniversary or Redstone update for Windows 10. Microsoft Edge feels somewhat incomplete without a download save prompt, which all...
  9. Change about:flags Settings and Features in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change about:flags Settings and Features in Microsoft Edge: [img] FYI this has changed in build 16299.15 66414
  10. Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge: Hello again. So there are some sites I answered NO to save password, is there a way to undo that and bring up the prompt again. I have tried toggling on/off, tried entering a different user and password for the site to retrigger it but no dice. 8488