Windows 10: Save as .....There are no more files

Discus and support Save as .....There are no more files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, since a couple of days when I try to save something (document or image) I get this message: "There are no more files". Doesn't matter what and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mariocap, Jun 13, 2017.

1. mariocap Win User

Save as .....There are no more files

Hello,
    since a couple of days when I try to save something (document or image) I get this message: "There are no more files". Doesn't matter what and where I want to save.
    Did not installed anything lately.
    Thank you.

:)

mariocap, Jun 13, 2017

2. There are no more files

You must disable "Asus data security manager". I just did and the problem is solved. Sorry for my english.

tiberiuiani, Jun 13, 2017
  3. There are no more files

Hello Maria,

Here are my replies to the questions asked by you in response to the post as well as a personal message that yu have posted as a Moderator of the community.

1. Her are the steps performed by the three agents.

> The first agent after hearing the issue pleaded ignorance about the technical aspects and directed me to second agent.

> The second agent did a Google search for the error message -"There are no more files", then looked at the installed programs. Then looked at the updates which were getting downloaded (at that time) and said we need to wait till updates are downloaded.
    After the updates were downloaded and installed, this agent rebooted the PC and said "will continue the session after reboot"

> The last agent searched the error message in Google, clicked on a non-Microsoft reference (which was an outcome of the search) and started downloading patches for fixing the file association.

2. Make model of my PC

The PC is a laptop from Asus

3. The error message that I am getting while saving my files (through any locally installed software applications) is "There are no more files". This comes with a message box with a yellow exclamation symbol, while saving any type of data through any of
    the locally installed applications - such as MS Office, Notepad, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop etc.

4. Are you logged in as Administrator

Yes

5. Have you tried saving the files using a different PC

On another desktop and a laptop running Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home, I am able to save files. These two PCs are with complete updates installed.

When the issue is not able to save any data through any of the locally installed software, how can I save the screenshot ? Perhaps, I can take a photo of the screen with error and emailed you the same.

I will follow the steps given by you about sharing the Feedback, when I get time. Thought talking and sharing the feedback is a better way then just sending email, post description. It is also cost effective. Wonder how come none of the agents new about
    this Feedback Hub.

Milind Nadkarni, Jun 13, 2017
  4. Save as .....There are no more files

I found this thread because I had the same problem start yesterday. Once I closed out the "ASUS Data Security Manager" program and restarted the computer the problem was resolved.
    For reference, I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS machine also using Windows Defender security. Hope this works for you, good luck!

ToddBlank1122, Jun 13, 2017
  5. mariocap Win User
    Hello, thank you for answering. I am on Win 10 on an ASUs laptop. Where do I found "ASUS Data Security Manager" ?
    Because if I click on the "ASUS Data Security Manager" it look like that I never started that program as it ask me if I Agree with the Licence Agreement then it opens a Window "My Vault" asking a Password, a Confirm at the Password an a Password Hint. Then it show me a warning that say I shoul close ADSM before leaving the PC and that after 3 minutes of inactivity the system will logout automatically.
    Thank you.

mariocap, Jun 13, 2017
  6. I opened the system tray - the ^ icon next to the time in the bottom right hand corner of the screen - and right clicked on "ASUS Data Security Manager" and clicked "Exit". Restart and cross you fingers! *Smile

ToddBlank1122, Jun 13, 2017
  7. mariocap Win User
    I never used "ASUS Data Security Manager" and in the system tray i do not have any icon about it.
    But thank you anyway. My problem must be something else.

mariocap, Jun 13, 2017
  8. spunk Win User

Go to Start/Search and type Services.msc and press enter. Find ADSM service, double click it and Stop the service.
    Now go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Program and Features, uninstall ASUS data security management program. Restart the computer.

spunk, Jun 13, 2017
  9. mariocap Win User
    Hello, the ADSM service was already stopped. So I went to uninstall it and a message appear: "Do you want to remove all the vaults? You will not be able to access these vaults if you do not have a backup.
    I think I must choose YES but what are these vaults?
    Thank you.

PS: I choose Yes, anyway I had no choice, and everything is working fine.
    Thanks a lot.

mariocap, Jun 13, 2017
  10. spunk Win User
    The Vaults are Backup files created by the ASUS Data Security Manager, which you don't need to run your computer.
    Please click the Thumbs Up icon under my user name if you liked my solution.

spunk, Jun 14, 2017
  11. mariocap Win User
    OK, thank you.

mariocap, Jun 14, 2017
  12. aureolas2 Win User
    After spending almost 12 hours chasing this error down countless rabbit holes I can across this post and it worked perfectly. Bloody Asus! Had no clue "There are no files" was really an Asus driven problem, not Windows 10 specifically.

I had a similar Asus peculiarity when changing to Windows 10 when the Skype camera window was upside down! Apparently MANUFACTURING intentionally installed all cameras in the K60I notebooks UPSIDE DOWN because it fit better or more easily in their case and had a patch into older windows to INVERT the image behind the scenes but provided no similar correcting patch for Win 10. Fix was installed ManyCam and letting Skype use that as video source.

I thank you for your invaluable help!

aureolas2, Jun 14, 2017
  13. mjean1 Win User

I've been having the same issues trying to save files.

I followed all of the steps but ASUS Data Security Manager keeps reappearing. How do I really get it to delete? I've done the uninstall four times and it just pops back in the list.

mjean1, Jun 14, 2017
  14. It keeps popping up for me too, but after I disabled it the first time all was fixed and the problem hasn't popped up again even with ADSM running. Good luck!

ToddBlank1122, Jun 14, 2017
  15. mariocap Win User
    I have the ADSMSrc.exe running but the problem its fixed for me too.

mariocap, Jun 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Save as .....There are no more files - Similar Threads - Save are more

2. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files": Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows updatesUpdated EdgeUpdate Adobe AcrobatDone an online Office repairchkdsk C: /fsfc /scannowAny suggestions appreciated....
  3. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files": Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows updatesUpdated EdgeUpdate Adobe AcrobatDone an online Office repairchkdsk C: /fsfc /scannowAny suggestions appreciated....
  4. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Change or Add More Options to "Save as type: [File Type]"?

How to Change or Add More Options to "Save as type: [File Type]"?: Hello,In mid-October 2021, I saved some files that were supposed to be Word documents and text documents, but they saved as ppt, srt, and DOC files. When I open them in the only app that'll actually show me something Notepad, it looks like someone vomited from 1 km high, and...
  6. How to Change or Add More Options to "Save as type: [File Type]"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change or Add More Options to "Save as type: [File Type]"?: Hello,In mid-October 2021, I saved some files that were supposed to be Word documents and text documents, but they saved as ppt, srt, and DOC files. When I open them in the only app that'll actually show me something Notepad, it looks like someone vomited from 1 km high, and...
  7. How to Change or Add More Options to "Save as type: [File Type]"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PDF & files saving & "save as"

PDF & files saving & "save as": Why does windows 10 suggest random files folders for saving items? Waste of our time. It should recall the last file folder we saved into and suggest that one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-files-saving-save-as/fcca6d13-f333-4e07-8bc9-30b27731d192
  9. Unable to save a file. Error message: there are no more files

Unable to save a file. Error message: there are no more files: I have an older Asus laptop running Windows 10 64 bit....I get an error message "there are not more files" when attemting to save a file from Open Office, Photoshop, or e-mail attachments....I can save from Microsoft word and Excel.... ***Changed title from error message...
  10. Backup saving more than requested

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup saving more than requested: I have three physical hard drives on my computer. Backup is set to save things to Drive E, a physical disk different from Drive C. Despite changing the settings to include only my personal folder and Drive C, backup continues to back up physical Drive D (the box for that is...