Windows 10: Save As To Pictures Folder

Discus and support Save As To Pictures Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks. I have “tweeted” it not to display Quick Access” in the left panel. Thanks though. Good point. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rwmol, Apr 4, 2018.

1. rwmol Win User

Save As To Pictures Folder

Thanks. I have “tweeted” it not to display Quick Access” in the left panel. Thanks though. Good point.

rwmol, Apr 4, 2018
  2. rwmol Win User

I've searched for a solution here and on the web and found no answer. If this has been answered in another thread, I apologize in advance.

As an example if I "Snip" an image and try to "Save as", it defaults to My PC. Is there a way to default to the Pictures folder? Thanks

Randy

:)

rwmol, Apr 5, 2018
  3. garym123 Win User
    Transfer music from Laptop to lumia 535

The phone has already created a music folder and a picture folder.

Most of my music on the PC is albums. I have a folder for each album. I paste the album folder to the music folder on the SD card. You can also paste individual songs into the music folder, a folder is not needed for them.

There is also a picture folder on the phone. Let the phone create the needed picture folders. When you open the photo tile on the phone, across the top you see 'all', albums and favorites.

Tap 'album' to view the different picture folders you see in explorer. The camera roll is for pictures taken with the phone. Saved pictures is just that. You can save pictures from text messages, or pictures from web pages. They all go to the saved pictures
    folder. Let the phone create a saved pictures folder if you do not already have one. Easiest way, search for a city name, tap images on the top, tap a picture, select save at the bottom of the page. Now the picture you saved is in the saved pictures folder.
    Hold the tap on any picture you want to delete from the phone.

garym123, Apr 5, 2018
  4. Save As To Pictures Folder

Photos saving to a different folder

Just upgraded to Windows 10. When I open a picture from a folder in Photo and modify it and then save the modified picture it saves in a new folder - saved pictures - instead of saving in the original folder it was opened from like the old Windows versions
    - how do I change the settings so that the modified pictures save in the folder of origin.

Thanks,

Ricky

Ricky R 706, Apr 5, 2018
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    -- rwmol

Welcome to tenforums.

My PC on the left panel of the dialogue box is expandable. Whichever folder you choose to save the 'snip' to, its contents will be on the right panel of the dialogue box. And the folder will be remembered for the next 'snip' whenever the desired target folder is changed.

pyramid10, Apr 6, 2018
  6. rwmol Win User
    Thanks. I didn’t know it made a difference as to which pane you selected the folder from. I would expand My PC in the left pane and select Pictures from that pane. I guess I have to choose it from the right pane. I will get back after my next try.

rwmol, Apr 6, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    Want to be careful in that left pane/column, could have both Quick Access and Libraries above This PC/My PC. The actual Folders are in C:\Users\UserName.

Berton, Apr 6, 2018
Thema:

Save As To Pictures Folder

1. Save As To Pictures Folder - Similar Threads - Save Pictures Folder

2. Can't SAVE in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't SAVE in Pictures folder: Hi Microsoft : I'm tring to find the solution to the problem of not being able to SAVE downloaded images to PICTURES folder. I tried the CMD command, but it didn't work. I also tried unchecking READ ONLY box in PICTURES PROPERTIES box. Still didn't work. All other solutions...
  3. Can't SAVE in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't SAVE in Pictures folder: Hi Microsoft : I'm tring to find the solution to the problem of not being able to SAVE downloaded images to PICTURES folder. I tried the CMD command, but it didn't work. I also tried unchecking READ ONLY box in PICTURES PROPERTIES box. Still didn't work. All other solutions...
  4. Can't SAVE in Pictures folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Saving to Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving to Pictures Folder: Totally weird All of a sudden I cannot save pictures from any of my photo apps to Pictures folder. Checked properties of folder and there appears to be Administrator rights for everyoneI get this message C:\Users\angus\Pictures\GARMIN\IMG_6868.jpg File not found Check the...
  6. Saving to Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving to Pictures Folder: Totally weird All of a sudden I cannot save pictures from any of my photo apps to Pictures folder. Checked properties of folder and there appears to be Administrator rights for everyoneI get this message C:\Users\angus\Pictures\GARMIN\IMG_6868.jpg File not found Check the...
  7. Saving to Pictures Folder

8. Remove Saved Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Saved Pictures Folder: Windows 10, version 2004 19041.928 I have recently bought an iphone 11 smartphone, totally new to me, and I have downloaded photos from it which appear in Documents/Pictures on my W10 pc. I am pleased with that. Unfortunately I now have a more or less permanent, insistent and...
  9. Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!: Recently purchased Lenovo ThinkBook laptop, that came with Win10 Pro. Noticed that whenever I find an interesting image, picture, photo, doc, etc. while on Google Search, and I click "save". The saved item doesn't show up in the usual folders as in old PCs I had as these...
  10. Saving pictures to a picture folder

Saving pictures to a picture folder: I went into my pc and opened up the pictures folder. I created a new folder within the folder. I drag and dropped a picture into the folder. I tried to drag and drop a second picture into the folder and it said I couldn't because there was already a file of the same name....