Windows 10: Save Dialog Customization - Removing quick links on the sidebar.

Discus and support Save Dialog Customization - Removing quick links on the sidebar. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am providing an application to users via Remote App. This is being delivered from Windows 2016 Server. I know this is a win10 forums however I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by windowpanes, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Save Dialog Customization - Removing quick links on the sidebar.

Hi,

I am providing an application to users via Remote App. This is being delivered from Windows 2016 Server. I know this is a win10 forums however I have been using the windows 10 forums to find registry hacks and have found lots of useful information to lock down file explorer so users cannot access things such as "Quick Access" "desktop" "Network" "pictures" "documents" etc...

I have found a need however to remove specific items from the save dialog box via the registry.

When a user saves from this particular third party program it pulls up a windows save dialog box. I have attached an image. The options i want to remove from the left hand side bar are "Quick Access" "Desktop" and "Network"

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, or there is a lack of information this is my first post. Please advise and I can provide more.

I am happy to help others with what knowledge I have also.

Thanks for your time.

:)

windowpanes, Aug 7, 2017
  2. BobSort- Win User

Remove Quick Access from windows explorer

Question is simple

How can I remove Quick Access from Windows Explorer, Save/Open Dialog box?

BobSort-, Aug 7, 2017
  3. Disabling or removing a Quick Access sidebar

Thank you very much for your reply.

I found out today what kind of Quick Access sidebar it was. No I was not referring to the Quick Access in the file explorer. Save Dialog Customization - Removing quick links on the sidebar. :)

It was a Acer application that kept starting up and blocked the computer since it didn't work properly.

I found it in the Task Manager as Quick Access, but it wasn't related directly to Windows it seems, but to the Acer brand.

I've disabled it... Finally... via ccleaner.

Thank you very much for all your help and sorry for bothering. I hope other people will also get some help from this.

svenjanssens1970, Aug 7, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Save Dialog Customization - Removing quick links on the sidebar.

dalchina, Aug 7, 2017
Thema:

Save Dialog Customization - Removing quick links on the sidebar.

1. Save Dialog Customization - Removing quick links on the sidebar. - Similar Threads - Save Dialog Customization

2. 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar: Hi,This has since forever occasionally been an issue for me, so I decided to finally see if there is a solution to it. My problem is that in some dialogs when a software needs you to select a folder for example, there is no sidebar present, so I can't use the folder tree or...
  3. 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar: Hi,This has since forever occasionally been an issue for me, so I decided to finally see if there is a solution to it. My problem is that in some dialogs when a software needs you to select a folder for example, there is no sidebar present, so I can't use the folder tree or...
  4. 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dialog Button Customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog Button Customization: Hereby sincerely to enquire, I wish to customize the color of the dialog button, any advise for it? prefer regedit. The default color of the dialog button is blue Border and while I point on it, I wish to change it to another....
  6. items accidentally removed under quick access sidebar

items accidentally removed under quick access sidebar: So i accidentally had some items removed from the side bar under quick access in file explorer. Problem is once you remove it you cant really get it to show back up so im in a bit of a bind. I also DONT WANT TO USE PIN to make them show all the time with a pin icon, just want...
  7. Quick Access Sidebar Vanished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Sidebar Vanished: Idk how. But my quick access sidebar is gone. How do I get it back? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-sidebar-vanished/4911a49b-65ba-4e4e-8720-52207153d12c
  8. Remove Quick Access from "Open/Save As" Dialogs?

Remove Quick Access from "Open/Save As" Dialogs?: Windows version: W10, LTSB 2016 (build 1607). Hi I'm wondering if someone can help me. I'm trying to remove Quick Access from the Open/Save dialog boxes and I'm stumped. I've removed Quick Access from File Explorer itself, but I can't seem to find out how to remove it on...
  9. Dialog box customization

Dialog box customization: What file has all the dialog boxes ? Such as file explorer? The icons in the ribbon?John*cry 140382
  10. Quick Access Sidebar Limit

Quick Access Sidebar Limit: I was wondering if it is possible to limit the number of folders that show up under "Quick Access" in the Explorer sidebar? Most of the time I don't need access to frequent folders, so it would be nice to limit this to my "favorites". Currently, I have "Show frequently used...