Windows 10: Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app How to Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 17, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

How to: Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

How to Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

If you like, you can save your email messages from the Mail app to a .eml or .pdf file as a backup.

This tutorial will show you how to save email messages in the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Save Email Message in Mail app to .eml File
    • Option Two: To Save Email Message in Mail app to .pdf File

OPTION ONE [/i] To Save Email Message in Mail app to .eml File
    1. Open the Mail app.

2. Open the email message you want to save.

3. Click/tap on the Actions (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Save as. (see screenshot below)

Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

4. Navigate to where you want to save the email to, type a "File name" you want for the .eml file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for any other email messages you would like to save.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Save Email Message in Mail app to .pdf File
    1. Open the Mail app.

2. Open the email message you want to save.

3. Click/tap on the Actions (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Print. (see screenshot below)

4. Select Microsoft Print to PDF as the printer, make any changes you want to the print settings, and click/tap on Print when ready. (see screenshot below)

5. Navigate to where you want to save the email to, type a "File name" you want for the .pdf file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 for any other email messages you would like to save.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 17, 2017
  2. kimstrom Win User

Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to be able to save new contacts from my emails I receive. Does anyone have a solution?

kimstrom, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User

I thought that it wasn't saving once too, but it turned out the next time one drive sync'd my system(at least I guess it was this) I was in my people app the next day.

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2019
  4. kimstrom Win User

I guess you are not understanding what is happening. Syncing is not the problem. I have a lot of emails that came into the MAIL app. The people who sent me those emails are NOT in my list of contacts. I do not want to re-type their email address into the PEOPLE app. As I am viewing the email of the person I want to save, I click their name, I click OPEN CONTACT because that is the only option offered. It opens the PEOPLE app. It has an icon of a disk (I am assuming that is to save) and the 3 ellipse which do nothing but raise it and the disk icon up 1 down and then if I click it again it goes down 1 line. So, I click the SAVE (disk icon). Instead of saving, it opens my existing list of contacts with a message at the top that says "Choose a Contact". I really think it is a bug. These 2 apps are very poorly designed. I am very frustrated.

kimstrom, Oct 27, 2019
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

Thank you Brink,

I did as you suggested but when I right clicked on my account's (pop3) inbox I did not get what you showed. Instead I got a little window with just three entries as my screen shot shows.

Any further thoughts?

Thank you

JJG10, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Emails saved to drafts while still typing using the Windows 10 Mail APP

Hi Pat,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

• When exact this happens, while composing a new email or while replying/forwarding to emails or with both?
    • Is the issue confined with composing a new email or replying/forwarding to one particular sender or domain or with all?
    • Is that the only primary account configured in Windows 10 Mail App or it is an additional account?
    • If yes, then is that a Microsoft account? if not, then please specify.
    If that is an additional account, then I suggest you to remove the account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Delete-an-email-account-from-Mail-and-Calendar-apps-dba65c49-648d-4d76-9f88-b7bc22a2cc3d

Please keep us updated with the status of the Windows 10 Mail App, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Save Email Messages

2. People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail: Hi, I have been trying to make a group contact in the people app but it won't save the emails. It creates the contact card but it won't save the emails to it. When I create it it says the emails are there but then they disappear when I search for it later. Tried making just...
  3. Saving email group in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Saving email group in Mail app: I can't see how to save a large group of addressees that I have sent an email to (40 members of a club) so that I can use it again. I don't want to save them all individually into my People app. In Outlook I was able to save such a group and name it (eg "Rotary". Windows...
  4. windows 10 mail no emails in saved folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 mail no emails in saved folders: Hi I have various personilize folders in my email accounts i.e. home folder and keep documents, receipts etc. But according to mail there is nothing there yet I can access them through my phone on bluemail, I have looked at preferences etc and can't find anything to alter, am...
  5. Windows 10 Mail app is not saving Sent emails:

Windows 10 Mail app is not saving Sent emails:: I have upgraded to 1909 at Microsoft's suggestion but it has not solved the issue. I am not using Outlook. Can someone give me a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-is-not-saving-sent-emails/1b7ea4a2-4524-4c3c-98f3-7807b224b0cf
  6. MS Edge/Windows 10 MS mail app saving emails for server?

MS Edge/Windows 10 MS mail app saving emails for server?: I have MS edge windows 10 using the mail app on 10 and I save many emails needed for reference to the drafts folder. After a period of time??? they are poof, gone, the drafts folder is still there but mail is not, searching does not retrieve them. I find them on my...
  7. Where Is Email Saved In Windows 10 Email App

in Browsers and Email
    Where Is Email Saved In Windows 10 Email App: Hello All, If I am using the built in email app in Windows 10 and I press archive to save an email, where is that email saved to? I need to save an email to my computer so that I can access it if I am offline. Does this feature do that and where can I find that email later?...
  8. How to Save Email in Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    How to Save Email in Mail App: This has to be a dumb question, but I can't figure it out and the help is useless. I have an email that I would like to save on my local hard file... as in Outlook. There is noway to create or open local folders and then use the move "action" Thanks Brian 20371
  9. Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app: I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to...
  10. Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app How to Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the...