Windows 10: Save mouse settings for each device

Discus and support Save mouse settings for each device in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have 2 setups; Home and Work. With different mouses and keyboards. At work I have standard mouse with standard 600 DPI resolution and at home I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Maksym Malakchi, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Save mouse settings for each device

I have 2 setups; Home and Work. With different mouses and keyboards. At work I have standard mouse with standard 600 DPI resolution and at home I have gaming mouse with 1800 DPI resolution. So what I want that windows will save Pointer speed option for each device separately, so when I connect mouse at work it has faster pointer speed and when I connect mouse at home it has slower pointer speed.The same accounts for monitor. At work I have 2 Full HD monitors and at home I have single curved 3440x1440 monitor.What I want for work setup. I want that windows will save the position of each windo

:)

Maksym Malakchi, Dec 8, 2023

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Dec 8, 2023
  3. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 8, 2023
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Save mouse settings for each device

Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse: No Device Detected

Hi Pard,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. Follow the Methods below and check.

Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Also perform the steps suggested in the link below and check.

Troubleshooting: Mice

Steps applicable to Windows 10.

Do let us know if you are able to use Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 8, 2023
Thema:

Save mouse settings for each device

1. Save mouse settings for each device - Similar Threads - Save mouse settings

2. Win11 doesn't save mouse settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 doesn't save mouse settings: I formatted my PC recently, and I had no problem before that but after the format, Windows doesn't save the mouse sensitivity. After every restart, it returns to the default level. Things I've tried so far: 1- Scan and repair Windows through cmd2- Uninstall and reinstall the...
  3. Save mouse settings for each device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save mouse settings for each device: I have 2 setups; Home and Work. With different mouses and keyboards. At work I have standard mouse with standard 600 DPI resolution and at home I have gaming mouse with 1800 DPI resolution. So what I want that windows will save Pointer speed option for each device separately,...
  4. Save mouse settings for each device

Save mouse settings for each device: I have 2 setups; Home and Work. With different mouses and keyboards. At work I have standard mouse with standard 600 DPI resolution and at home I have gaming mouse with 1800 DPI resolution. So what I want that windows will save Pointer speed option for each device separately,...
  5. Save mouse settings for each device

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Save mouse settings for each device

7. Save mouse settings for each device

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Devices Don't Save Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices Don't Save Settings: Hello! On my microphone, it has 2 buttons to control the volume. Every time I turn on my computer, I have to press the volume down button on the microphone 6 times before it's the volume I want. Is there anyway to have that save and I don't have to do it every time? It's...
  9. Devices Don't Save Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices Don't Save Settings: Hello! On my microphone, it has 2 buttons to control the volume. Every time I turn on my computer, I have to press the volume down button on the microphone 6 times before it's the volume I want. Is there anyway to have that save and I don't have to do it every time? It's...
  10. Devices Don't Save Settings