Windows 10: Save MP3 files using edge

Discus and support Save MP3 files using edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, When I right click on a mp3 file in Edge I don't get the save as option to save the file. If I change to IE 11 it works. Dave 27306 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Dave1954, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Dave1954 Win User

Save MP3 files using edge

Hi,
    When I right click on a mp3 file in Edge I don't get the save as option to save the file. If I change to IE 11 it works.
    Dave

:)

Dave1954, Oct 21, 2015

2. Win 10 - How to download mp3 file to a selected folder

Thanks Waseemulla for your reply.

With Win7 IE when you r-click a podcast icon you are given the option of "save target as..." and you can browse for the location you want to save in and edit the name of the file. I listen to talk radio podcasts (usually about 90min long) and usually there
    is a podcast icon which I would r-click and save to desired folder. I could browse for any location to save this file. I later select one of these mp3 files to listen to on my computer or load this file onto an mp3 player for on the road listening (nothing
    fancy). Now, if I use IE this still works the same (except IE very slow now). If I try the same process using Edge such option is not available. If anything gets saved, it is a gif of the podcast icon?!

I have found no info concerning downloading using Edge - such as type of file, browse for location, etc.

southisnorth, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Saving a podcast in Microsoft EDGE

I used to save podcasts to mp3 files in my music folder to listen to at my convenience. In MS EDGE I am now given the choice of opening the podcast in a new window, in a new tab, copying the link or "inspect element" - is there some way to just download
    the mp3 into my music folder??

JesseeHarris, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Save MP3 files using edge

Hi,

As far as I know, this is normal

Edge only allows direct saving of certain file types (eg Pictures)
    I get exactly the same if I try and save an mp3

paulsalter, Oct 21, 2015
Thema:

Save MP3 files using edge

1. Save MP3 files using edge - Similar Threads - Save MP3 files

2. MP3 File failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MP3 File failure: Hope someone can help. I'm trying to open MP3 file attached to federal bankruptcy minute order sent through PACER. File plays for maybe 5 seconds then error message Qx80070323 interrupts saying 'file was removed or another program is trying to open it.' I can't seem to even...
  3. MP3 File failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MP3 File failure: Hope someone can help. I'm trying to open MP3 file attached to federal bankruptcy minute order sent through PACER. File plays for maybe 5 seconds then error message Qx80070323 interrupts saying 'file was removed or another program is trying to open it.' I can't seem to even...
  4. MP3 File failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Saving a PDF file opened in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF file opened in Edge: Until recently, a file opened in Edge could be saved by "right clicking", selecting "Save" and then saving to the target directory on Surface. Now the "Save" functionality is greyed out i.e. saving is not possible so you have to print to PDF which takes longer. Any idea...
  6. Microsoft Edge file not saved?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge file not saved?: Hello, everyone, I downloaded the new version of Microsoft Edge today and I don't really know my way around yet. My question: Before you could simply open files (in my case Word - file) without having to save them first. How does this work here, because only the window:...
  7. Manipulating MP3 files

Manipulating MP3 files: It seems like ever since my laptop got converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I am no longer able to manipulate my music files, e.g. dragging a track onto my desktop in order to email them, etc. Any ideas?...
  8. Computer crashing after saving changes to details tab of MP3 files.

Computer crashing after saving changes to details tab of MP3 files.: I open any folder containing MP3 music files. Right click on any file to open up the properties page. Click on the details tab to edit file details. After completion of changes. I click on okay to save file. 30-60 seconds pause. Screen turns blue then to blank. Screen...
  9. Edge will not save files in a folder

Edge will not save files in a folder: When I want to save a web site in a new folder, I click on the star and when I click on save in new folder, it creates a new folder but does not open up the folder to place the web site in the folder. I have about 10 folders called new folder. We should be able to click on...
  10. Sound Recorder: Save to .mp3 Format

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound Recorder: Save to .mp3 Format: Sound Recorder's default file type is .m4a. How can I make the default save as .mp3? 92163