Windows 10: Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix

Discus and support Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anyone come across an app like ShellFolderFix for saving window/icon positions? I previously used ShellFolderFix on Win 7. On Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dnk, Oct 23, 2014.

1. DNK
    dnk Win User

Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix

Has anyone come across an app like ShellFolderFix for saving window/icon positions?

I previously used ShellFolderFix on Win 7.

On Win 10 (multi-monitor setup), coming out of sleep, the windows are all gathers on my primary monitor instead of being distributed where I left them. So I tried ShellFolderFix, but it does not help. So I was going to save the "workspace" (in ShellFolderFix), but i just get an error (there are no open windows, that are saved in a workspace). So I am looking for another method.

Suggestions?

:)

2. Linney Win User

Petition: stop windows explorer from cascading in windows 10

I guess it is not a problem I have ever noticed as I don't like having excessive amounts of windows open on a machine.

Windows Explorer window annoyance

Windows Explorer window annoyance Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 7: ShellFolderFix - Manage folder window positions/size

ShellFolderFix - Manage folder window positions/size - Windows 7 Help Forums

Remember window position?

Remember window position? - Page 7 - Windows 10 Forums

Linney, Oct 23, 2014
  3. Internet Explorer won't open in full screen

Hi,

Close all Open IE windows.

Click on your IE launch icon, (taskbar quiklink or desktop link)...

Once opened press f11 to make IE go into full screen mode, (or the View>Full Screen menu)

then close IE to save the window position and size and state information....

ie remembers the position and size and state (minimized, normal, maximized or IE full screen) saved from the last time that the browser was closed.....

reopen IE from the quicklink or desktop launch icon.... it should open at your homepage in full screen mode....

to get a handle on how IE is saving position, size and state information, in the newly opened IE window turn off full screen mode, then resize/reposition the IE window and then close IE..... when you reopen IE it will be in the positon, size and state that
    it was in when it was last closed. Re-open/reposition and close a number of IE windows at the same time... it is always the position, size and state information of the LAST IE window that was closed that is used to open the next new IE window.

!important...... if you have multiple IE windows opened... it is only the position, size and state information of the last IE window that was closed that is used to position a new IE window when it is opened.

Regards.

IECUSTOMIZER, Oct 23, 2014
  4. Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix

Use the Windows feedback tab on the start menu and report this as a unwanted feature.

Indianatone, Oct 23, 2014
  5. khisel Win User
    khisel, Oct 24, 2014
  6. DavidGBUK Win User
    29/7/2015 Have installed the Windows 10 released today. I have just installed ShellFolderFix on this main system as I did a clean install using the software from the Microsoft site to set up a USB install stick. ShellFolderFix works like a charm on this system just as it did on Wndows 7. My Laptop I just did the upgrade of Windows 10 to keep all my software intact ShellFolderFix was alleady installed on that and again on Windows 10 its working like a charm. I just thought I'd let you know via this forum as I could not get it work on any of the Pre-Release Builds of windows 10 until today.

DavidGBUK, Jul 28, 2015
  7. menace97 Win User
    excellent! good to hear DavidGBUK. i am going to be installing windows 10 shortly, and i have been using (and loving) ShellFolderFix for a long time (through 7-8.1). another utility that i have used on other rigs i have setup that i quite like is called "ReIcon" which enables you to save and restore multiple desktop icon layouts. although it doesn't have the ability to save window "workspace" arrangements, it works very well for saving icon positions.

http://www.sordum.org/8366/reicon-v1...-icon-layouts/

menace97, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix

1. Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix - Similar Threads - Save positions ShellFolderFix

2. Is there any way to save window position on program launch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to save window position on program launch?: Hey!I think the best way for me to explain what I want to do and what I need help with is through an example.Let's say you are running Chrome and you are running Mozilla at the same time.Using Aero Snap you can divide your screen to 50% left side and 50% right side and let's...
  3. Is there any way to save window position on program launch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to save window position on program launch?: Hey!I think the best way for me to explain what I want to do and what I need help with is through an example.Let's say you are running Chrome and you are running Mozilla at the same time.Using Aero Snap you can divide your screen to 50% left side and 50% right side and let's...
  4. Save multiple window positions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Save multiple window positions?: Hello, there's a few things I have on my second screen (10:16) and I always use the same layout. Upper 20% of the screen is a Rainmeter setup, then 40-80% Spotify and another 0-40% random explorer windows or WinRAR. Now it is a lot of trying around until you've got the...
  5. Desktop Icons not saving position after restart

Desktop Icons not saving position after restart: Whenever I try to position my desktop icons the way I would like, after a restart the icons go back to some strange position. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? submitted by /u/Traase [link] [comments]...
  6. Media player that saves position in Playlist?

Media player that saves position in Playlist?: Does anyone know of a media player that after closing saves the position in a playlist, even in shuffle? So when I re open it I dont have to start the playlist over again and remembers what the previously played files were in the order. So far I tried VLC, MPC-BE and...
  7. Window Position Saved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window Position Saved: Hi, I just bought a new PC yesterday running Windows 10 and I have 2 monitors plugged on it. When the computer goes to sleep, the next morning, the windows are all displaying on the Main display. On my previous computer last week on Windows 10, it was not happening. Is there...
  8. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position: Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these forums too. For some reason, shellfolderfix 1.1.15 is no longer remembering windows sizes/positions. I've removed it, deleted...
  9. Windows 10 IE saving pdf files as aspx.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 IE saving pdf files as aspx.: Hi, My work computer is Windows 10 and we can ONLY use Internet Explorer. We receive pdf files via email that I need to save to my computer. However, when I save them, they don't save as pdf. They save as aspx. I have to go in and re-save each file as a pdf. How can I...
  10. I didn't save my IE bookmarks :(

in Browsers and Email
    I didn't save my IE bookmarks :(: So I installed Windows 10. I didn't even think to save my bookmarks before I did. Is there anyway to recover them? Thanks 14408

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use shellfolderfix to save position of microsoft edge

2. save position of microsoft Edge with ShellFolderFix

3. shellfolderfix windows 10