Windows 10: Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer

Discus and support Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Duncan Deng [PCS NJ], Feb 26, 2024.

1. Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer

Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer

:)

Duncan Deng [PCS NJ], Feb 26, 2024

2. Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer

I have confirmed here in our environment, that when we save any kind of Office Document (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the time/date won't update unless your refresh or leave file explorer and go back in. TXT, PDF's immediately update time/date. It doesn't matter if network location or local C-Drive. Only happens with office documents.

Seems to only be Windows 11 users with all current updates and with all Office 365 updates. Windows 10 users are unaffected.

Anyone else encounter this?

***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Files, folders, and storage***

PassRusher, Feb 26, 2024
  3. Glenn Rue Win User

Good day, PassRusher.

Thanks for reaching out to our Microsoft Community Forum. Please accept our sincerest hope that all is well.

We understand that when saving Office files edited in Windows 11 computers their date and time in File Explorer is not updated immediately. It appears you have to refresh File Explorer or re-launch it even just so the updated date and time appears. Also, it only affects Office files based on your tests and it does not matter if the Office files are saved locally or on a network.

This issue may have been caused by settings in Windows or Office that need to be changed. Or it may also be a problem with network connection. So, let us work together as a team to get to the bottom of this. But to better assist you I need to ask:

1) Is it safe to assume from your description of the issue that this seems to involve computers in a workplace setting and you happen to be the IT support person supporting it?

2) I know you've mentioned it's updated, but can you provide us the exact version of Windows 11 involved here? We specifically need the edition and version number of Windows your device is running. To find out which version of Windows your device is running, press the Windows logo key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK. You'll get the window below and we need the information highlighted in red.

Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer 2bTmlVfx4dsgjaJQ0l215Hxjtx2K3uJz%2f%2bH4eu5z9CV2i%2fsR%2bU8mG%2fI3kWuFriXXuGn1g7yW1lpmneAPMpM%3d.png

3) Also, what version of Microsoft 365 is involved here? Microsoft 365 Personal? Microsoft 365 Family? Microsoft 365 for Business? I specifically need the Product name and Version number as highlighted in the guide and photo below.

About Office: What version of Office am I using? - Microsoft Support

Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer CBGfudF6r1BM7IJuBWm2QCU0WLfNrQK%2fq4vkmFys7oBaVS6zE434YhViHQF7BSyWRzUPorxG%2b%2bN7iqZs3uPDAtU%3d.png

4) From the devices you’re having this issue, can you tell me if you’re getting all green checkmarks when visiting the following link?

Service Status

Hope to hear from you soon.

Respectfully,

Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

Glenn Rue, Feb 26, 2024
  4. Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer

lack of Date Modified in File Explorer saved From Outlook Microsoft office emails since May 18th update

I have an issue with the " of lack of the Date Modified in File Explorer that was saved From an Outlook Microsoft office emails since May 18th update.

It is only happening on email with those attachments that you save to the computer..

If you view PDF document file proprietress says:

Created: " Friday, December 31st, 4500, 6:00.00PM

Modified: " Friday, December 31st, 4500, 6:00.00PM

Those dates is the same on every PDF that comes in via email. I feel that Microsoft office is changing the dates of the actual PDF... this has been happening since last update of May 18th.

When you view this same PDF file in the windows 10 File explorer, there is no date listed at all! That field is blank!

Has anyone else seeing this issue? It is very annoying and frustrating.

TerryLarson1, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

1. Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer - Similar Threads - Saved Office Documents

2. Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer: Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-office-documents-not-updating-datetime-in/f447ddaf-49c2-4516-9fa2-66f7cb63e542
  3. Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer: I have confirmed here in our environment, that when we save any kind of Office Document Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the time/date won't update unless your refresh or leave file explorer and go back in. TXT, PDF's immediately update time/date. It doesn't matter if network...
  4. Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer

Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer: I have confirmed here in our environment, that when we save any kind of Office Document Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the time/date won't update unless your refresh or leave file explorer and go back in. TXT, PDF's immediately update time/date. It doesn't matter if network...
  5. when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update: when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update. When i highlight the updated file and click properties, the correct "modified" date and time are shown, and in the setting section, everything as set as advised in previous responses to this...
  6. when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update

when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update: when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update. When i highlight the updated file and click properties, the correct "modified" date and time are shown, and in the setting section, everything as set as advised in previous responses to this...
  7. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer: So DST just changed Sunday morning. Had a user notice a modified date and time on a file jumped ahead an hour. File created on 11/5 at 4:20 now appears with time of 5:20 in the file explorer. even though time went back an hour. Started playing with time settings and when I...
  8. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer: So DST just changed Sunday morning. Had a user notice a modified date and time on a file jumped ahead an hour. File created on 11/5 at 4:20 now appears with time of 5:20 in the file explorer. even though time went back an hour. Started playing with time settings and when I...
  9. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

10. Saving office documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Saving office documents: I have just created a new word document. When I try to do a "file", "save as" it tells me I don't have permission to save in that location and to contact the administrator to obtain permission. I am the administrator as mine is the only name in the users. Has anyone else come...