Windows 10: saving a document

Discus and support saving a document in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I saved a document in notepad, which was the only option it gave me, but when I try to view it , it looks like gibberish. What can I do>?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DonnaKennedy1, Aug 27, 2018.

1. saving a document

I saved a document in notepad, which was the only option it gave me, but when I try to view it , it looks like gibberish. What can I do>?

:)

DonnaKennedy1, Aug 27, 2018

2. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Aug 27, 2018
  3. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 27, 2018
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

saving a document

word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

saving a document [​IMG]

Thema:

saving a document

1. saving a document - Similar Threads - saving document

2. I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...: Screen shot Attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-scan-a-file-but-not-save-in-default-folder-in/0625891b-b953-4668-8ad1-bb235ef997ec
  3. I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...: Screen shot Attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-scan-a-file-but-not-save-in-default-folder-in/0625891b-b953-4668-8ad1-bb235ef997ec
  4. Screenshot is saved to clipboard but not in Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshot is saved to clipboard but not in Documents: Hi. I have tried screenshotting using the Win + Shift + S / PrntScrn button but it is only saved/copied to clipboard and not in my files. Any idea how to fix this?...
  5. Screenshot is saved to clipboard but not in Documents

Screenshot is saved to clipboard but not in Documents: Hi. I have tried screenshotting using the Win + Shift + S / PrntScrn button but it is only saved/copied to clipboard and not in my files. Any idea how to fix this?...
  6. Screenshot is saved to clipboard but not in Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer: Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-office-documents-not-updating-datetime-in/f447ddaf-49c2-4516-9fa2-66f7cb63e542
  8. Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer

Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer: Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-office-documents-not-updating-datetime-in/f447ddaf-49c2-4516-9fa2-66f7cb63e542
  9. When trying to save a word document to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to save a word document to PDF: When trying to save a word document to PDF I use Microsoft print to PDF. Once I click to save it asks me to sign into my microsoft account online. this happens randomly. Any assistance?...
  10. When trying to save a word document to PDF

When trying to save a word document to PDF: When trying to save a word document to PDF I use Microsoft print to PDF. Once I click to save it asks me to sign into my microsoft account online. this happens randomly. Any assistance?...