Windows 10: Saving a website in Favorites folder

Discus and support Saving a website in Favorites folder in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Some web sites don't let me save it under "Add to favorites". I get the attached warning. How to solve this problem. I have Windows 7. Thank you. 23805 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Palau, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Palau Win User

Saving a website in Favorites folder

Some web sites don't let me save it under "Add to favorites". I get the attached warning.
    How to solve this problem. I have Windows 7.
    Thank you.

:)

Palau, Sep 22, 2015

2. Move Original Default Web Favorites to Folders

On the Mobile Device, create the folder where you want the items to reside. Then open up the Favorite that you want to move to a folder. Save the website again as a favorite and select the folder you wish to save the favorite to. After you've saved
    all the Favorite's to a folder, you can delete them from the root.

Prof Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices | PocketPrimer

Julie fka profjulie, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Saving Favorites

I'm using Edge with Windows 10. Whenever I try to add a website to my Favorites List or Favorites Bar, I'm given the option of naming the favorite and saving it to either the list or the bar, but nothing actually gets saved. I get no error at the time
    of saving. I have no option to "Create In" which someone on this forum suggested. The only option is to Save, but the short cut is never saved in my Favorites folder. My folder is set up under Users\Owner\Favorites. Is it possible these are being saved
    somewhere else?

BarbaraBlasch, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Palau Win User

Any help out there?
    Thank you.

Palau, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Saving a website in Favorites folder - Similar Threads - Saving website Favorites

2. Saving websites to Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Saving websites to Favorites: I posted this in Windows 7 but no one responed. Here goes: I thought I knew how to save a new site into favorites by the following procedures: Click on the Star as indicated. The name is automatically entered but it can be changed. Select the folder to save the favorite site....
  3. Many Favorite's Folders

in Browsers and Email
    Many Favorite's Folders: I have so many Favorites folders in Edge as seen below: Some of those I don't even know how they got there. I would like to have all my Favorites in one folder. Is there any way to do that? For instance could I put the folder "Free Software for Windows" into "Imported from...
  4. Favorites Folder Not Expanding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites Folder Not Expanding: [img] I got the favorites to show but it does have the ">" arrow but when I click it don't expand but goes to the folder, any ideas on how to make this thing expand? 148255
  5. Empty favorites folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty favorites folder: I have searched the internet and everyone shows how to get to the favorites folder. My folder however is empty even though i have several links. C:\Users\lowel\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default...
  6. Favorites folder

Favorites folder: How do I save a webpage to the Favorites Folder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-folder/880feec5-4a6a-43d8-8524-0aeafde670b3"
  7. Favorites Folder

Favorites Folder: Hello, one and all. I enthusiastically embraced Windows 10 and expected Windows 10 to be everything Windows 7 is and more. What I found was a massive shuffle of applications with some disappearing and new ones appearing. That's progress I guess. One of my favorite tricks on...
  8. need to transfer some favorite website.

in Browsers and Email
    need to transfer some favorite website.: I have 7 "Favorites" listed in Chrome. Is there a way to transfer just these 7 to Internet Explorer? These two are installed on a Dell tablet running Windows 10. I thought it would be easier than going back and forth typing the websites. (p.s. not using Edge). 38795
  9. Microsoft Edge is not saving favorites under new folder created

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge is not saving favorites under new folder created: Hi! I've been using Windows 10 for about 2 months now and do like the feel of it. Now, I have a problem with the Edge browser not saving a website I try to favorite in a new folder under Favorites. When favoriting a website to Favorites or Favorite Toolbar, is saves...
  10. How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?: How to save and view the website in the Favorites inMicrosoft Edge? 21215