Windows 10: Saving an MS Execl csv to a txt file

Discus and support Saving an MS Execl csv to a txt file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ok I am a bit stuck here as I need to save a very large csv file to a txt file that has a certain format for it to be used in another application as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DirtRider, Nov 3, 2015.

1. DirtRider Win User

Saving an MS Execl csv to a txt file

Ok I am a bit stuck here as I need to save a very large csv file to a txt file that has a certain format for it to be used in another application as an import file, I will attach the sample csv files here

My sheet will look like this

Saving an MS Execl csv to a txt file [​IMG]

And the saved txt file needs to look like this in this format with the first line reflecting the same headings as below.

Saving an MS Execl csv to a txt file [​IMG]

:)

DirtRider, Nov 3, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 3, 2015
  3. Using Microsoft 10 with LibreOffice 5 -- trying to save as .txt file

You can save the file as a .csv (comma-separated value) file, then rename it to .txt. A .csv file is in fact a text file in which the fields are separated by commas. A tab-separated file would even be better.

Frederik Long, Nov 3, 2015
  4. pbcopter Win User

After you open the .csv file in Excel, select save as and use the pull down menu next to select Save as type and pick Text

pbcopter, Nov 4, 2015
  5. DirtRider Win User
    Yes but the save formatting needs to be the same as the sample file screen shot with all the " " and , in the correct position and this is the issue I am having here

DirtRider, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Saving an MS Execl csv to a txt file - Similar Threads - Saving Execl csv

2. Extract first line of multiple CSV File and save the results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extract first line of multiple CSV File and save the results: Thanks in advance for the help.I have a folder with multiple CSV files. I’d like to be able to extract the first line of each of the files and store the results in a separate CSV file. The newly created CSV file will have the first column as the file name and the second...
  3. Extract first line of multiple CSV File and save the results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extract first line of multiple CSV File and save the results: Thanks in advance for the help.I have a folder with multiple CSV files. I’d like to be able to extract the first line of each of the files and store the results in a separate CSV file. The newly created CSV file will have the first column as the file name and the second...
  4. GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers: Hi. I'm going out of my mind. I've run scans as an administrator through command prompts, shut off my extensions, browsed for malware, viruses, etc., and I'm at a loss. Whenever I right-click on a GIF to save it and choose Save As Image, it comes up as a .txt file opening...
  5. GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers: Hi. I'm going out of my mind. I've run scans as an administrator through command prompts, shut off my extensions, browsed for malware, viruses, etc., and I'm at a loss. Whenever I right-click on a GIF to save it and choose Save As Image, it comes up as a .txt file opening...
  6. GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can not save a .txt file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not save a .txt file: Trying to "save" or "save as" a .txt file created by someone else received as part of a download. Windows 10 Pro keeps telling me I need Administrator permission to do the save. I am the only person using this computer and I am the Administrator. The only permission I do not...
  8. how to batch rename files from a csv or txt list?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to batch rename files from a csv or txt list?: say i have three files of the same type named cat,dog,mouse. and I have a csv/txt file with apple,orange,banana and in the same order they appear in file explorer i want them renamed down the line so cat = apple , dog is renamed to orange, and mouse is renamed to banana. How...
  9. Export clipboard history to .txt or .csv

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Export clipboard history to .txt or .csv: Hi, is there a solution to export clipboard history (Win+V) to the text file? Or clipboard manager that has an export option? All I see is export to extension *.db (database). In result I need text file with written line by line clipboard history elements. Help me...
  10. Can't save txt files to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save txt files to Desktop: It started not long ago and is a problem I've never seen before. When I try to save a txt file, using Notepad or EditPad Lite, Windows shows a message that reads (freely translated from Brazilian Portuguese — I don't know how exactly it goes in English): Save as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Execl pics