Windows 10: Saving Audio/Video files in Downloads folder changes Columns

Discus and support Saving Audio/Video files in Downloads folder changes Columns in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I download and save Audio or Video files to the Downloads folder, the Downloads folder's columns are changed just like from the image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Saving Audio/Video files in Downloads folder changes Columns

Whenever I download and save Audio or Video files to the Downloads folder, the Downloads folder's columns are changed just like from the image attached. Why is this?

How can I reset my columns in the Downloads folder to default?

In the folder views settings from Options within Windows Explorer, there is a Reset Folders button, but that does not change the columns back to its default categories.

I cannot remember what the columns were sorted as. Can someone please post and image of the default categories for the Downloads folder?

Thanks!

:)

win10freak, Oct 27, 2017

2. unable to save audio files through whatsapp on phone!!! please help.

its about whatsapp!! i cant save the audio files that i receive from my friends on whatsapp to the music and videos folder in my phone!!! like the pictures one receives on whatsapp are immediately saved in the Saved Pictures folder. the music/audio files
    do not save in the music and videos folder.. even in the settings there is no option of saving audio files immediately.. ?? please give me a solution!! thanku...

sukanya123, Oct 27, 2017
  3. Where is Windows 10 "Remember each folder's view settings"?

I have many video files. I set one folder with the columns I wanted of videos.

I applied these setting in file explorer options view tab area and apply and apply to folders.

all my folder with any video files on my 7 hard drives all stay the same with my settings.

now for photo files, I have to select columns for those types of files and save them and then all folder with photos will have those columns.

I do not know what else to tell you.

'works on all my XP, 7, 8 and 10 OS's on all pc's

seahawks65, Oct 27, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Saving Audio/Video files in Downloads folder changes Columns

Right click an empty spot in the folder and open Properties and apply the following settings:

Saving Audio/Video files in Downloads folder changes Columns [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 27, 2017
Thema:

Saving Audio/Video files in Downloads folder changes Columns

1. Saving Audio/Video files in Downloads folder changes Columns - Similar Threads - Saving Audio Video

2. Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.: I cant get the amount of folders in folder column to work?I have many folders with and without folders/files in it. I would like to have an overview of this before opening folders.Have do i fix this?...
  3. Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.: I cant get the amount of folders in folder column to work?I have many folders with and without folders/files in it. I would like to have an overview of this before opening folders.Have do i fix this?...
  4. Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change audio "Video Projects" folder for Windows Video Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change audio "Video Projects" folder for Windows Video Editor: Hi,Whenever I add custom audio to a video project using the new windows photo/video editor, a new folder is created nested in my system files in C:\Users\[my name]\[personal folders]\Video ProjectsThis is not in "My Documents" or "Videos" or even "Photos" but nested in a...
  6. File Explorer - Folder Columns

File Explorer - Folder Columns: Until recently, less than a month ago, I was able to view the Backup Method full, differential, incremental as a column in File Explorer. That column is no longer available to add. What happened?...
  7. changing column settings for all folders

changing column settings for all folders: how can I set all of my file manager column settings to be the same? it is frustrating AF!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-column-settings-for-all-folders/fccf075e-ee58-4beb-8447-d0409010fe6e"
  8. Choosing columns for files in a folder

Choosing columns for files in a folder: I want to choose the mp3 file columns in all the folders without doing it one at a time for each folderc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choosing-columns-for-files-in-a-folder/4afc9f5a-f8b6-4da4-9f3b-2d22aabf4399"
  9. Saving files and download in one folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving files and download in one folder: Hi guys, it is possible to always save and download in one folder windows 10? 123933
  10. Download / Save video

in Windows 10 Support
    Download / Save video: Hello,Some video clips locations, such as music (opera, concert), when I opened some to view on screen, I could with a right-clickto open a menu, there is a line "Save video as...", then I could save the video to the computer. Today I noticed this option became Gray, checked...