Windows 10: saving desktop icons

Discus and support saving desktop icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry if this has been asked before I missed it. My number one gripe with with windows 10 is my icons get messed up. Is there a way to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldspook, Jul 29, 2016.

1. oldspook Win User

saving desktop icons

Sorry if this has been asked before I missed it.

My number one gripe with with windows 10 is my icons get messed up.

Is there a way to save desktop icon positions, or a program that will do this.

:)

oldspook, Jul 29, 2016

2. How do I save and restore my desktop icon positions in Windows 10?

The way to do it as of today is to use a 3rd party utility and there are several free ones.

Check these :

DesktopOK - Free - Save and restore the positions of the Windows Desktop Icons.

http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Freeware/Deskt...

Desktop Restore - Free

MIDIOX

Info

Desktop Icon Save and Restore

--------------------

Lock Desktop Icons Position and Disable Right Click

http://www.techmynd.com/lock-desktop-icons-posi...

Save And Restore The Position Of Desktop Icons In Windows

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/save-...

Easy Way To Restore And Keep Desktop Icon Layout In Windows

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/easy-...

Please let us know the results.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Icon size

Hi,

These should help : (also works on Windows 10)

Save and Restore Desktop Icon Layout in Windows Vista - Free

Save and Restore Desktop Icon Layout in Windows Vista

TIP : Right Click Desktop - VIEW - uncheck AutoArrange and Align to Grid when you want to restore the icons or the restore will not work. You can recheck those as needed afterwards and apply the Align to Grid before the Auto-Arrange.

-------------

Desktop Restore - Free

MIDIOX

Info

Desktop Icon Save and Restore

--------------------

Lock Desktop Icons Position and Disable Right Click

Lock Desktop Icons Position and Disable Right Click - Downloads - TechMynd

Save And Restore The Position Of Desktop Icons In Windows

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/save-and-restore-the-position-of-desktop-icons-in-windows/

Easy Way To Restore And Keep Desktop Icon Layout In Windows

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/easy-way-to-restore-keep-desktop-icon-layout-in-windows-7/

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jul 29, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

saving desktop icons

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

saving desktop icons

1. saving desktop icons - Similar Threads - saving desktop icons

2. How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?: I use my notebook with Windows 11 with several different monitors and every time the system shuffles all icons to some default positions. It is very annoying. I need to find a method how to save the positions of my icons to be able to retrieve them on monitors with different...
  3. How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save and retreive icon positions on the desktop?: I use my notebook with Windows 11 with several different monitors and every time the system shuffles all icons to some default positions. It is very annoying. I need to find a method how to save the positions of my icons to be able to retrieve them on monitors with different...
  4. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving or locking desktop icons layout: Hi, Do you know,trustworthy free of charge or paid third party solution to save the desktop icons layout in Windows 10 and 11. Even locking the desktop icons layout will help me. But in the "lock solution" the layout should not be automatic, it must stay locked as I had...
  5. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving or locking desktop icons layout: Hi, Do you know,trustworthy free of charge or paid third party solution to save the desktop icons layout in Windows 10 and 11. Even locking the desktop icons layout will help me. But in the "lock solution" the layout should not be automatic, it must stay locked as I had...
  6. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Desktop Icons not saving position after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons not saving position after restart: Whenever I try to position my desktop icons the way I would like, after a restart the icons go back to some strange position. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? submitted by /u/Traase [link] [comments]...
  8. Desktop icon arrangement not saving after restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon arrangement not saving after restart.: Hi, every time i rearrange desktop icon after restarting or shutting down it keeps back for the previous arrangement. My problem is same as this Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving I already use the autofix it works but only one time use....
  9. Saving Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Desktop Icons: Hi, I would like to save my Desktop Icons positions, without using a 3rd party app like DesktopOK. I've read somewhere that if you open a .txt file, enter something, close the window, but don't click Save, leave that window open, then Log off, Windows will prompt you to save...
  10. Icons on Desktop move when saved

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on Desktop move when saved: Hi This might seem like a trivial problem compared to some of the others on this site, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix my icon problem. I have icons for certain files - word and excel, that I arrange in convenient places on the desktop. If I edit these then...