Windows 10: Saving game folder

Discus and support Saving game folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi ,,I might have to reinstall windows and I am halfway through Wolfenstein colossuss and I don't feel like having to do it all again ,,could someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by donnylad, Mar 27, 2018.

1. donnylad Win User

Saving game folder

Hi ,,I might have to reinstall windows and I am halfway through Wolfenstein colossuss and I don't feel like having to do it all again ,,could someone please tell me is it possible to save a folder that has the saves in and put it back after I have reinstalled the game please?.
    Len

:)

donnylad, Mar 27, 2018
  2. Lüng Win User

Game files keep appearing on desktop.

" What is the location of your My Games folder?

Are you developing your own game?

Where did you save those files you have transferred?

What are the file types being saved on your desktop?"

1; Normally the my games folder contains data from games (in this case using the steam client to run games) and normally said data goes to Local Disk (CSaving game folder :) > Users > (username) However again, I've intended that nothing gets saved on the SSD due to low storage.
    So instead of being on the C: Drive it saves to my desktop.

In short, the location of the games folder is E: > Desktop, and not "C: > Users > My games (or "Saved games") Like it should be.

2; No.

3; I haven't saved these files they're being created here and saved here wrongly where as they should be saved in my User folder.

4: Folders. Folders that contain folders, that contain game data (.xml's, .ini's, txt documents for in game settings)

Lüng, Mar 27, 2018
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Backup in-game settings

Depends on the game. I don't have any games from MS downloads, but would not be surprised if MS keeps the saves for Jugsaw in

some folder hidden away in a special obscure sub-folder that is used by no other game publisher, but to expand on Wilfred's examples,

below are the main locations for game save files....

- Many, mostly old games, keep the saves in a sub-folder in the games install folder.

- Documents, or Documents\My Games

- Documents\AppData\Local or Roaming

- Note that some many game files are kept in a folder with the games name, but others are in a folder with the publishers name.

Games From Avanquest, iWin, Pop Cap, and other publishers of Browser/Flash based 'casual' games mostly use the C:\Program Data folder.

- Steam keeps saves in sub-folders with the games Steam product number, in ... Steam\UserData

- EA/Origin - C:\ProgramData\Origin\Local Content ( or in Origins Cloud, if you use it)

- UbiSoft/Uplay - C:\ProgramData\UbiSoft

BossDweeb, Mar 27, 2018
  4. Faith Win User

Saving game folder

There's really no need. Just make sure Steam Cloud is enabled and you're good to go. But if you like you can do it the other way. Your save file is located under C:\users\username\saved games\MachineGames\Wolfenstein II\base. Copy the entire folder just in case, but I believe only SLOT0 is the actual saves.

Faith, Mar 27, 2018
  5. donnylad Win User
    Thanks very much ,,I have done that I just hope I don't have to use it.
    Len

donnylad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Saving game folder

1. Saving game folder - Similar Threads - Saving game folder

2. Saved Games folder transfer leaves folder missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Games folder transfer leaves folder missing: A few days ago, I researched if my Saved Games folder was safe to be moved from drive to drive because I couldn't uphold the storage with windows and that folder on one drive. I used an online tutorial of right clicking the properties folder and changing the default locations...
  3. Saved Games folder transfer leaves folder missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved Games folder transfer leaves folder missing: A few days ago, I researched if my Saved Games folder was safe to be moved from drive to drive because I couldn't uphold the storage with windows and that folder on one drive. I used an online tutorial of right clicking the properties folder and changing the default locations...
  4. Saved Games Folder Gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved Games Folder Gone: Greetings, A while back, I was working in my file explorer, trying to get a function for a game to work, when I discovered, that something I had done delete/got rid of my Saved Games folder on my C drive. I have attempted to find solutions online for how to create a new one,...
  5. Saved Games Folder Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Games Folder Gone: Greetings, A while back, I was working in my file explorer, trying to get a function for a game to work, when I discovered, that something I had done delete/got rid of my Saved Games folder on my C drive. I have attempted to find solutions online for how to create a new one,...
  6. Saved Games Folder Gone

7. Saved Games Folder Disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved Games Folder Disappeared: I clicked location under properties, and moved it, and the Saved Games folder disappeared from all drives. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-games-folder-disappeared/46430ebf-2812-466b-8610-4d6b5430c069
  8. Saved Games Folder Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Games Folder Disappeared: I clicked location under properties, and moved it, and the Saved Games folder disappeared from all drives. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-games-folder-disappeared/46430ebf-2812-466b-8610-4d6b5430c069
  9. Saved Games Folder Disappeared

10. saved games folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    saved games folder: hi guys, this is my first thread. my saved games folder (c:user/name/saved games) is missing, how to restore it? 150611