Windows 10: Saving Passwords - Edge

Discus and support Saving Passwords - Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Jan 26, 2018.

1. elbmek Win User

Saving Passwords - Edge

Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi

:)

elbmek, Jan 26, 2018

2. Password in Edge

I previously declined having Edge save a password for a site. I would now like to change that and save the password but can't find a way to get Edge to offer to save the password again. Any suggestions? Thanks

Frank Wiez, Jan 26, 2018
  3. Mircosoft edge not saving passwords

Well, apparently another wonderful inquirer has gone up in smoke, or at least his computer must have caught fire or something. No response from ol' geocleo, so who knows. Abduction?

Lumbergumrubber, Jan 26, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Saving Passwords - Edge

Whilst not answering your question directly, why not use a password manager that works in a number of browsers and optionally across devices as well?

dalchina, Jan 26, 2018
  5. elbmek Win User
    it means that I have to sign into the pc, don't want that. I tried one once, I still had to sign into the pc

elbmek, Jan 26, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    I use Roboform- whether I'm signed in with an MS id or not as part of the login process is irrelevant to its operation. All that matters is the once per session need to enter one password to gain access to its 'passcards' - then two clicks (one on the tray icon, one on the pass card) launches the browser, opens the site, fills in the login info and clicks the button automatically.

dalchina, Jan 26, 2018
  7. Helmut Win User
    Depends on your Edge settings and where site passwords are stored. It might be cookies, form fill etc. Go to.
    1) settings > Clear browsing data, 3 entries in there, Cookies, Form data, passwords, and of course whether they are cleared on closing.
    Advanced Settings > Privacy and services.
    2) Offer to save passwords.
    3) Manage passwords
    4) Save form entries

Helmut, Jan 26, 2018
  8. elbmek Win User

Saving Passwords - Edge

I just checked advanced settings again, save passwords in ON. I checked also the passwords actually saved, one is 10 forums and another. 10 forums I still have to log in. Last night I told it clear totally clear cache so I could start again supposedly saving passwords, it has saved only 2 out of approx 12 submitted. Form entries is NOT on, is that significant??

thanks for info on roboform, will try and get to check it out

edit: had look at roboform, it wont let me use anything other than FF, IE and Chrome. Opera is unticked and remains so, and no sign of edge or vivaldi.

elbmek, Jan 26, 2018
  9. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jan 26, 2018
  10. elbmek Win User
    sorry dal, that means nothing to me?

elbmek, Jan 28, 2018
  11. dalchina New Member
    Hi, have you looked at the links? Here is information about password managers available for Edge, Vivaldi.
    This will only make any sense to you if you know what a password manager is and does and its benefits.

For example with one click, Roboform
    a. Launches the browser
    b. Provides the URL which the browser opens
    c. Completes the login fields
    d. Clicks the button

Very well, here's the long version with pictures for you:

Your request appears to be from an automated process

Saving Passwords - Edge [​IMG]

These are approved extensions available from the Store for Edge. Can you see Roboform - green? Have a look and you'll see more like Lastpass, another password manager.

This one is new to me:
    Keeper Announces Microsoft Edge Extension - Keeper Blog

You commented on Vivaldi:
    LastPass Alternatives for Vivaldi Browser - AlternativeTo.net

Integrate Keepass in Google Chrome and Vivaldi Browser
    Here again more on Vivaldi- Keepass is another password manager. But not available for Edge apparently.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Saving Passwords - Edge

1. Saving Passwords - Edge - Similar Threads - Saving Passwords Edge

2. Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge: I wish to move or add currently in use passwords to the Save Password list in Edge>Profile>Passwords. Some are listed under NEVER, I now want them in SAVED....
  3. Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge: I wish to move or add currently in use passwords to the Save Password list in Edge>Profile>Passwords. Some are listed under NEVER, I now want them in SAVED....
  4. MS Edge saved passwords.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge saved passwords.: My saved passwords/email addresses do not appear in a dropdown list when I click the email box.If I then insert one letter it lists only the email addresses starting with that letter including the passwords.Two identical PCs and this has only appeared on one PC a couple of...
  5. Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...: After the latest updates, Edge is not saving passwords. This occurred a couple of times last year after updates - occurred again after the updates in Jan-Feb 2021. NOT GOOD. I have checked Credential Manager - it is running, I have gone to "save Passwords" in settings -...
  6. Edge won't save Passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge won't save Passwords.: Hi all, I prefer using MS Edge to using chrome but because MS Edge will not save passwords I counting to use chrome. I have a laptop and pad both running MS windows 10 and edge and with no problems, it's only my main PC that will not save passwords I have all the same...
  7. Microsoft Edge Access to Saved Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Access to Saved Passwords: These are the hoops one goes through to view saved passwords using Edge: Settings>Passwords and Autofill>Manage Passwords>Select website. To see what's hidden by dots, go to Control Panel>User Accounts>Manage Web Credentials. Then select the same website and to view the...
  8. How to save favorite passwords in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to save favorite passwords in Edge: I recently bought a new laptop and when I got the new one going, I transferred/moved all my favorites from my old laptop and put them in the new laptop in EDGE. So far, so good. however I cannot get the passwords to save for favorites I've used forever. Any ideas?...
  9. Windows Edge is not saving my passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Edge is not saving my passwords: Hey, I wanted to use Windows Edge as my browser, not crome (even though I like chrome) windows works well, but my passwords are not saving. I know some people say; go to settings, advanced, then to save passwords/autofill. But that does not work. I have the boxes checked...
  10. Location of Edge saved passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Location of Edge saved passwords: Does anyone here know where the names and passwords are stored for saved credentials? I assume they're encoded or encrypted, but are they in a registry entry or a file somewhere? I understand how to manage them, just looking for the location *Smile Thanks in advance!...