Windows 10: Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016

Discus and support Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am attempting to reduce the space and move caches on both a Windows Pro machine and a Windows Server 2016. These are 2 virtual machines running on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by D3LL, May 31, 2018.

1. D3LL Win User

Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016

I am attempting to reduce the space and move caches on both a Windows Pro machine and a Windows Server 2016.

These are 2 virtual machines running on VMware ESXi.

I currently use a backup solution called VerticalBackup which is brilliant and its an incremental backup. However, what is killing me is the off-site backup that's done weekly due to the size. I'm certain it's because of Window Caches etc.

I've disabled the page size on both the boxes as they have plenty of RAM. But, I was wondering if anyone knows of where the caches are stored on Windows and if these can be moved to another Drive which we'd then exclude from being backup.

:)

Thema:

Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016

1. Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016 - Similar Threads - Saving Space Move

2. Move Server 2012 R2 Essentials Storage Spaces to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Server 2012 R2 Essentials Storage Spaces to Windows 10 Pro: My 10-year old home-built Microsoft Server 2012 R2 Essentials server just died. It is not worth the expense to repair or replace it. Instead, I want to go to a Synology DS220+ NAS to handle my backups and shared folders. The first thing I need to do is to recover the Storage...
  3. Move Server 2012 R2 Essentials Storage Spaces to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Server 2012 R2 Essentials Storage Spaces to Windows 10 Pro: My 10-year old home-built Microsoft Server 2012 R2 Essentials server just died. It is not worth the expense to repair or replace it. Instead, I want to go to a Synology DS220+ NAS to handle my backups and shared folders. The first thing I need to do is to recover the Storage...
  4. Move Server 2012 R2 Essentials Storage Spaces to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows server 2016 and 2019 Storage Spaces Tier with refs and ntfs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows server 2016 and 2019 Storage Spaces Tier with refs and ntfs: When i use Windows Server 2016, ntfs write data will be written directly to the ssd layer, but in Windows Server 2019 and 2022, ntfs will write data directly to the hdd layer, resulting in very poor parity performance, how should I set up ntfs data to write directly to the...
  6. windows server 2016 and 2019 Storage Spaces Tier with refs and ntfs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows server 2016 and 2019 Storage Spaces Tier with refs and ntfs: When i use Windows Server 2016, ntfs write data will be written directly to the ssd layer, but in Windows Server 2019 and 2022, ntfs will write data directly to the hdd layer, resulting in very poor parity performance, how should I set up ntfs data to write directly to the...
  7. Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Server 2016: Dear How you hide windows updates on the Windows server 2016. I tried downloading WUSHOWHIDE.DIAGCAD from Microsoft site download link broken. Can someone please assist. Thank You...
  8. Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Server 2016: I've inherited some problems at a new employer related to Windows Server 2016. I know Server 2012 and older pretty well, but not 2016. The problem is that something is killing Admin Control. Admins can still log in, but things that require Admin Elevation or just admin...
  9. Windows Server 2016 on my Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Server 2016 on my Surface Pro 6: I’ve installed Windows Server 2016 alongside my existing windows 10 on my surface pro 6. However when booting into the server 2016, i cant connect to the wireless network anymore. If i open device manager only Ethernet shows up. Wireless is missing. I tried going to Server...
  10. Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows server 2016: Hi, Please can you help me to understand if Windows server 2016 required MS17-010 patch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2016/8b50913e-b88d-4a84-9e93-a49a15baa37f