Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016

Discus and support Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016 in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I am attempting to reduce the space and move caches on both a Windows Pro machine and a Windows Server 2016. These are 2 virtual machines running on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by D3LL, May 31, 2018.

1. D3LL Win User

I am attempting to reduce the space and move caches on both a Windows Pro machine and a Windows Server 2016.

These are 2 virtual machines running on VMware ESXi.

I currently use a backup solution called VerticalBackup which is brilliant and its an incremental backup. However, what is killing me is the off-site backup that's done weekly due to the size. I'm certain it's because of Window Caches etc.

I've disabled the page size on both the boxes as they have plenty of RAM. But, I was wondering if anyone knows of where the caches are stored on Windows and if these can be moved to another Drive which we'd then exclude from being backup.

:)

Thema:

Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016

Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016 - Similar Threads - Saving Space Move

1. How do I allow Windows to save over open files?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I allow Windows to save over open files?: Hello, I am working in Photoshop and Maya and it is extremely convenient for my workflow to save over the last version of a texture and have Maya automatically update to the new texture. I do this all the time in OS X. Since switching to windows however, as long as a file is...
  2. File not found when doing Save As

in Windows 10 Support
    File not found when doing Save As: (Office 2016) This problem happens with Office Apps (Pub,Excel,Word etc) since build 1803. When I try to "save as" a file to my C:, I get this message "File not found"*Confused It will "save as" to an external drive without issue. Permissions problem??? OR?? 112180
  3. Disable the save As pop up messages for Notepad applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable the save As pop up messages for Notepad applications: How do i disable the Save as pop up messages that arises when i try to close the notepad application having some unsaved data? Is it possible in windows 10? 111999
  4. W10: Cannot create system image and save it to storage spaces drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10: Cannot create system image and save it to storage spaces drive?: Hello. I'm trying to create a system image (Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore (Windows 7) -> Create a system image), however my storage spaces drive is not listed in the available selection to save the image to. Why is that and what can do about that?...
  5. Properties: Compress to save Disk Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Properties: Compress to save Disk Space: If I enable Compress to Save Disk Space from a file's properties, what is the trade-off? How significant is the HDD/CPU uncompression process (assuming that's how windows does it) 85759
  6. Clean File Repository - Save Valuable Disk Space With This Trick

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean File Repository - Save Valuable Disk Space With This Trick: *This trick/tutorial is only viable for those who had their system setups for a while and had been constantly updating their drivers to the latest. So while I was lately focused on fixing a crash caused by windows update service attempting to force update my graphics...
  7. how and were can i save some space and clean up on my c: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    how and were can i save some space and clean up on my c: drive: Good Day All just curios as to how i can see what is in the sect 4 of the attached macrium picture. and on the tree size file does any of the folders jump out as being too big? jus trying to do a little house cleaning before i go back to sea while i still have internet to...
Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016 solved