Windows 10: Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016

Discus and support Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am attempting to reduce the space and move caches on both a Windows Pro machine and a Windows Server 2016. These are 2 virtual machines running on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by D3LL, May 31, 2018.

1. D3LL Win User

Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016

I am attempting to reduce the space and move caches on both a Windows Pro machine and a Windows Server 2016.

These are 2 virtual machines running on VMware ESXi.

I currently use a backup solution called VerticalBackup which is brilliant and its an incremental backup. However, what is killing me is the off-site backup that's done weekly due to the size. I'm certain it's because of Window Caches etc.

I've disabled the page size on both the boxes as they have plenty of RAM. But, I was wondering if anyone knows of where the caches are stored on Windows and if these can be moved to another Drive which we'd then exclude from being backup.

:)

Thema:

Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016

1. Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016 - Similar Threads - Saving Space Move

2. Windows terminal server 2016, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows terminal server 2016, multi Monitor, maximized window blank/empty space on top of...: Hello! Hope some one can assist i have different Users with a strange behaviour - if they maximize a window tested with IE11, Acrobat, Windows Explorer, google chrome they get an empty or black / white space on top of that window. Right clicking on the empty or black /...
  3. Windows 10/ Server 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10/ Server 2016: Win10/Server 2012, 2016 are so freaking painful to work with. I am not happy with MS at all! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-server-2016/d311abdc-d1fb-4f39-b9b7-8943624e0dac
  4. Windows server 2016 OS has crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows server 2016 OS has crashed: Hi All, I run into Windows server 2016 OS has crashed. Does anyone help me? Thanks in advance. the event of system says BugCheck: Bugcheck 1005 Unable to produce a minidmp file from the full dump file Bugcheck 1001 The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  5. Word 2016 crashes on save/save as

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2016 crashes on save/save as: When I do a save as or save, MS Word 2016, Version 1704 Build 8067.2157 becomes non responsive. No matter what the destination is, usually documents, it just crashes. Task manager to get out of it. Searched for problem on the internet, tried most if not all of the suggestions...
  6. Announcing the launch of Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the launch of Windows Server 2016: I’m incredibly excited that this morning at our Ignite conference in Atlanta we launched the newest release of our server operating system – Windows Server 2016! Now that we’re ready to share it with the world, I want to take a moment to thank our customers who helped shape...
  7. Exchange Support For Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Exchange Support For Windows Server 2016: Exchange Support For Windows Server 2016 Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 is available from the TechNet Evaluation Centre. While that’s great to download the bits and get the OS running in your test lab, please do not update the OS on your Exchange servers right...
  8. SharePoint Server 2016 and Project Server 2016 RC available

in Windows 10 News
    SharePoint Server 2016 and Project Server 2016 RC available: Building on our announcement of SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2 in November, we’re pleased to announce the availability of SharePoint Server 2016 Release Candidate (RC). SharePoint Server 2016 RC is mostly feature complete and represents an important milestone for customers and...
  9. Windows Server 2016 docs are now on docs.microsoft.com

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2016 docs are now on docs.microsoft.com: We’re excited to announce the availability of the IT pro technical documentation for Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile on docs.microsoft.com. [img] Why move to docs.microsoft.com? You’ll immediately notice our crisp new responsive design that...
  10. What's next for Microsoft's Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 News
    What's next for Microsoft's Windows Server 2016: Beyond acknowledging that Microsoft doesn't plan to deliver the next version of Windows Server until some time in 2016, company officials haven't said much lately about Microsoft's future plans for Windows Server. That silence was broken last week during Microsoft's...